Ken 02

VIXX x OC Oneshots!

Nearing the fourth year, you were finally more or less able to look at him without feeling your heart ache. Or did it finally go numb?

The balloon tied onto the chair next to you was starting to get into people’s way when it got crowded, as they had to maneuver around it, and you quickly attempted to untie it once the aisle was cleared again. You fiddled with the thin string, and at the mess of knots around the gap in the chair, but it wasn’t easy at all. I should have just listened to him. Why do I keep repeating the mistakes over and over again?

‘Do you need help with that?’ It wasn’t hard to miss the turquoise balloon in the restaurant. And especially when it reminded him of a certain someone, he unconsciously went forward to help.

‘A- It’s okay, I can manag-’ You froze when you looked up to see the person before you.

‘Minah?’ You quickly looked away, and refused to acknowledge the pain in his tone. Why would he-? ‘It’s you right, Minah?’

‘Y-You’ve gotten the wrong person.’ You mumbled as you grabbed your pouch off the table, determined to leave the place as soon as possible. But Ken stopped you. ‘I’ve said, you’ve gotten the wrong person.’ You spat, this time louder and clearly as you stared straight into his eyes.

Ken was taken aback, but he took the chance to take a good look at you. She, looks different. He noticed that the balloon was tied to a chair which seat was propped up, but refused to think too much about it. Her hair, it’s shorter now. And she looks so much more mature. And, her smile. She’s not smiling. Three years did that much? But the truth was more than what he could have imagined.

‘I said, let go. I. Don’t. Know. You.’ You tried flinging his hand off, but it was useless.

Why is she being like this? ‘Minah, I’m sorry. I know I shouldn’t have left just like that back then. It was my fault.’

‘It doesn’t matter anymore. Go away, please.’ You willed yourself not to let your tears fall as you did not remove your eyes from him.

‘It does. I need to tell you why I did-’

‘You left. That’s all I need to know.’

The both of you had been dating for about a year after he asked you out when you graduated from the university you went to together. You had feelings for him since your first year there, and when he confessed, it was like a dream come true to you. You went on dates, and he treated you the nicest, caring and never failing to make your day better. Your life seemed perfect to you at that point of time, until he disappeared without a trace, with a simple post-it note on your door, ‘I’m really sorry, Minah.’

‘I didn’t have a choice- My parents found a high paying jo-’ He could easily see the hurt in your eyes when he said it, and quickly stopped. So now he’s saying that he left for money? ‘They say that I  had to go over. I didn’t want to tell you, I didn’t want to see you in pain.’

You could no longer look at him in the eyes as you stared at the ground. Don’t listen to him. It doesn’t matter anymore. Whatever happened was in the past. ‘Lee Jaehwan, I need to go.’

‘My phone malfunctioned afterwards, and I couldn’t contact you. When I did, you changed your number-’

‘S-Stop it.’

‘Please. I’m really sorry. Don’t you remember how happy we were together? I can make up for the thre-’

‘You can’t.’

‘I finally found you now, can’t you just-’

‘No.’ You tried to pry his grip off yours again, and when he felt your tear dropped onto his hand, he finally looked down, and noticed an object glimmering on the ring finger of your left hand.

‘M-Minah, you’re m-married? Since when-’

‘Jagi, is there something wrong?’ You finally felt his grip loosen and you quickly went to your husband’s side, not before quickly wiping off your tears.

‘N-Nothing, oppa. Is Jiwon feeling better after going to the washroom?’ You looked from him to your son, who smiled back brightly at you.

‘Yeap Umma!’ Your son’s cheerful voice brought a smile back to your face as you held his hand in yours. ‘Who’s that ahjusshi?’

‘He got the wrong person, let’s go home now, okay?’ He innocently smiled back at you, while you felt your husband’s hand on your back gently.

‘My balloon!’

‘I’ll get Jiwonie a new balloon later. Hmm? Mommy had trouble untying it again.’ You did not look back at all as you left.

Leaving Ken stunned as he stared at your disappearing figure. H-How is it even possible? A kid too? But- He saw him before, back in the campus. The both of you were friends, and Ken knew that he had feelings for you too. But he also knew that the one that you liked was he himself. This doesn’t even make sense. It’s a lie. They can’t be-

 

 

 

 

 

‘Are you sure you’re okay?’ He pulled you closer to him as he asked you softly.

‘I’m really sorry that I ruined the mood.’

‘It’s okay, you don’t have to worry about me. Let’s just focus on making our Jiwonie happy today hmm?’ You nodded. It took time for you to accept him, but he was willing to take care of you, both you and Jiwon, despite knowing everything. And he treated the both of you with all his heart. He recognized Ken, but he didn’t want to make you feel even worse if he show that he’s affected by it.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Ken’s attention shifted to a small slice of cake left on the plate, and then noticed a candle ‘3’ on another plate next to it. 3? And it’s his birthday today? It’s not possible, if he’s 3, then 9 months before… The kid. How could I not realize that he’s-