not fair

I gotta have you

chapter 15

"ahh it's really a nuisance to walk in these heels" I complained.

"I made you practice so much and still you aren't able to walk with them, you seriously are a low witted person" Irene bumped into my shoulder and walked past me which made me loose my balance.

"aish, seriously you should have learned to wear heels earlier" Suzy  prevented me from falling by gripping my shoulders.

"I'm from countryside and even I know how to walk in heels" Ariel mocked me.

" can you three just turn off that mean-girls-mode? It's really getting into my nerves now"

"okay okay sorry, we were just picking on you" Ariel said and giggled.

"yeah,yeah! I already got that" I was kinda glad with a change of mood. The evening had been really tough for me. Dresses, shoes,makeup and everything else that makes me nervous, filled the evening air including my bursting heart which increased its pace everytime I thought about Kris.

I was in a little black dress with matching heels and a smoky hot makeup ( although I liked Irene's art on my face but still it was something unusual for me and I'm a kinda person who is not much favourable to changes ).

Suzy and Ariel were in a hi-low hem dress. Suzy's colour was of a bronze texture which accurately matched with her fair complexion and Ariel's was of a violet mixed with saffron colour. And Irene looked hilarious in her high slit gown.

On the gate a bouncer stopped us "sorry ma'am we need to check if your names are on the guest list and you must submit your cell phones  before entering because we need to take precautions so that no pictures of the party gets leaked. " he told to Irene who was leading the way.

"yeah sure" we told him our names and he instantly found our names on the list and then we handed our cell phones to him.

"there you all go" he escorted us the way and we followed his lead.

The place was AMAZING. Literally AMAZING. I don't have any other word to describe it. It looked like the same hall where Cinderella had danced with her prince charming. Everyone had their masks on except us. People were dancing in the centre of the hall many most probably with their loved one's.

"oh you all are here, finally!" A guy with his mask on came running towards us. I'm sure it was sehun because of his rainbow coloured hair and his gaze which was fixed on Suzy.

"sehun, where's chanyeol?" Irene asked impatiently.

"how did you know that it's me?" Sehun asked in amazement.

"your attractive hairs, now tell me where is he?" Irene's sarcasm was high peaked.

"ohh" he passed his hands through his hair and continued "he is trying to entertain a foreign guest, there" he pointed in his direction.

"okay then I gotta go" Irene started in his way but was stopped by sehun " wait , first wear your mask" he handed her a mask. She took it and continued walking towards him.

"here, you all take your masks" he handed us the masks and turned to Suzy  "c'mon I want to show you something". He took her hand and gently dragged her away from us.

As soon as sehun left with Suzy,Kai came to us. "ladies, you are looking fabulous" he said to both of us and then turned towards me" I just can't get my eyes off you".

"the flirty kai's also looking remarkably good" I said mockingly.

"damn you got me,again" Kai said and pretended to be hurt. Which made Ariel giggle.

"by the way, I haven't seen you before" Kai said very politely.

"yeah, she's our friend. She has never met you before and now because beautiful mask she can't even see your face now" I replied.

"I would have been a gentleman by removing the mask and showing you my face but what to do, those are the rules here and why aren't  you wearing your mask, c'mon do it" Kai pointed towards our hands in which we were carrying out masks.

"yeah, we'll do that soon" I displayed the mask which was in my hand.

"okay, well I'm here to more than ask you, tell you that you're gonna be my dance partner for tonight. Again, I would have stayed here and entertain you girls like a gentleman but what to do, I've been  assigned for an important work" he made a weird expression which made me laugh and left me with Ariel again.

"now it's only us here! You know, I think something's weird" Ariel looked at suspiciously.

"what's weird?" I asked.

"sehun, chanyeol and Kai, I've heard these names before" Ariel said.

"yeah you might have, they belong to a famous boy band" I replied.

"what! A boy band why didn't you tell me earlier" she suddenly became restless

"what's wrong ?"

"he's from the same boy band, that means he is here, damn I can't face him." She was worried. I didn't know about what but she was worried.

"I don't know what you are talking about. All I understood was that you don't want your face to be seen by someone so just put on your mask"

"yeah good idea. I'm really thirsty, let's go I need something to drink" she tried to calm herself.

"okay-" before i could complete my sentence, the lights of the whole place went off.

"what's going on?" Ariel suddenly squeaked.

"maybe it's a black out" I said getting closer to her side "let's just get you something to drink"

"in the dark? We don't even have our cell phones to get enough of that light"

"yap, don't worry I'll manage" I said to her and escorted the way like a blind man.

Irene's pov

I put on my mask and walked towards chanyeol who was attending a foreign guest as per said by sehun.

"hey there" I said as soon as I closed the distance.

"oh hi, I'm sorry, but I don't recognize you because of your mask" he said as he turned towards me.

"you don't recognize me? Even through my voice?" This was certainly a mood spoiler.

" I'm really sorry"

"it's me you dimwit, Irene " I was annoyed, really annoyed.

"oh Irene, I'm sorry I wasn't attentive that's why I couldn't recognize your voice" he said and took two drinks from the waiter, one that I liked and the other one I don't know about.

"here, drink this" he handed me the other drink and gave the drink I liked to the foreign young lady that he was attending. 'wait, what!'

"oh thank you chanyeol, you know you are the sweetest among all members." She said in a british accent. This lady was really a ert. She kept on touching chanyeol's body very casually.

"thank you Miss Courtney, you are no less in sweetness" chanyeol said with a huge smile and all I could do was snort.

"chanyeol I wanted to ask you -" I was asking him if he would dance with me but he cut off by saying "ask me later whatever you want cause I'm really busy right now"

"ohkay! I'll be around, let me know when you are free" I was trying to convince myself that he really is busy that's why he is not able to give me time.

"yeah surely, go ahead enjoy the party" he said with a warm smile and again turned to the British lady.

I went towards the stairs and took a seat on an empty chair. I never felt this wasteful never in my life. I was simply staring into nothing but maybe into murk. And I was snapped out of my thoughts by a tall and husky man's voice.

"excuse me pretty lady," he said politely.

"huh, oh, yes"I wasn't sure what to say.

"if you don't have a partner for the dance then would you mind dancing with me? Cause you are just too pretty to be alone?" He said with a gentle tone. If I wouldn't have been into chanyeol, then I would never have minded being with him.

"sorry but I do have a partner, he's kinda busy right now but he'll be here as soon as he is free" I replied trying not to hurt his sentiments.

"oh, okay. Well who's that lucky guy" he asked.

"Park chanyeol"

"chanyeol?" He seemed surprised. "but I just saw him dancing with Miss Courtney. They were really close, it seemed like something's going on between them"

"what?" I was shocked. "excuse me" I said the last words and moved away from him.

In the centre of the hall where many couples were enjoying their night, I spotted chanyeol and that so called Miss Courtney dancing on a slow melody. Rage filled my eyes, maybe it was jealousy which made me blind. I walked right towards them and pulled chanyeol's shirt by clutching it.

"if this was your important work you should've told me earlier. I was waiting to dance with you like an idiot." I looked towards the British item, she seemed really annoyed by my presence. "oh it seems like I just spoiled your good mood. I'm sorry chanyeol, I won't interfere. Go enjoy" I said and my heels.

" hey wait, it's nothing like that- " before he could complete his sentence, I walked away.

"Whoa, he isn't even coming to sort out the confusion" I said to myself and took a glass of wine from a waiter and made my way right up on the terrace.Hot tears were prickling at my lashes, burning my throat like mustard.

The wind blowing on the terrace was so refreshing, it made me shiver. I hugged myself and walked right towards the railing.
The whole town was visible. Everyone busy with their own lives. Cars stopping at the traffic lights, women returning after shopping with their kids by their side and sophomores enjoying their evening. They were all busy and they certainly won't mind my voice.

"what does it matter, he never said that he liked me." I screamed to myself. "I ain't gonna die without him, I should just find someone else. He doesn't even deserve me" I tried to console myself. I looked at the moon " the moon also stays alone and look how bright it shines alone, I don't need him, I just don't need him" and I broke out in a loud sob.

I looked at the lights of the lounges nearby and suddenly they all went off. " oh I get it, you don't want to see me cry?" I was talking to the air. " okay I won't" but my tears weren't listening to me.

And out of the blue, someone barged in through the door of the terrace. I wiped away my tears although it didn't help and turned to see who it was.

" chanyeol! Why are you up here? Just leave me alone for sometime"