run

I gotta have you

chapter 12

 

"so what were you both talking about? Huh?" Tao asked Kai, who was already upset because of their presence.

"nothing just this and that" Kai was trying to suppress his disappointment.

 I was surrounded by three weird guys. One was trying to control his temper, the other one just can't stop talking and the third one just won't say a word because of his untamed attitude.

"so what are you hobbies, shimin?" Tao asked to me.

"uhm I like reading, watching movies, sports etcetera etcetera.." I replied.

"wahh you are different!! You like sports and you didn't count clubbing in your hobbies" Tao said. And I let a chuckle to escape.

"you are into sports? Do you play any?" Kai asked suddenly enlightened by the mention of my hobbies.

"yap!! I'm a Taekwondo black belt and I love football" I added fuel to their fire.

" wow you are really amazing" Kai said with a radiant energy.

"what's so amazing in that?" Kris said inserting his arrogant tone in our conversation.

" what type of movies you like?" Tao said ignoring kris's comment.

" ahmm fantasy, fictional, sci-fi and especially X-Men and also I don't like extra emotional movies." I really liked this type of convos.

"you have a great taste" Tao said brightly.

Our convo was again interrupted but this time because of kai's ringtone.

"hello?" Kai picked his phone.
" what? But I'm busy! I know its important but you should respect my privacy. Okay okay please stop lecturing, I'm coming, yeah I get it" Kai was muttering with frustration.

"I'm so sorry guys, my lines from the song have been erased due to some technical error and the manager is calling me to the studio to re-sing my lines, so I guess I have to leave now " Kai said focusing his apology towards me.

"today is the release date, how are the gonna manage it?" Tao said

"its not a big deal, don't worry. By the way shimin, tomorrow is a party for the release of our album so don't you forget to come " Kai said hurriedly.

"party?" I asked.

"yap, chanyeol had already told Irene everything so collect the details from her also take these tickets and go with Kris and Tao for the movie. I don't want your day to be  spoiled because of this lame problem of mine." Kai said, handed me the tickets and left after giving me a wink.

"what was that all about?" Tao asked me.

"I dunno" I replied.

" doesn't matter, we are going to enjoy today" Tao seemed excited.

" Tao, don't you have to go somewhere urgently" Kris interrupted.
"nope, I don't think so " Tao was certainly confused.
"remember, you told me in the dorm that you have an urgent appointment today"
"I guess no!"
"Tao you told me" this seemed more like a command.

"ohh yes! I forgot I had an urgent meeting Today" Tao finally said after wondering for sometime.
"aren't you gonna go then?" Kris inquired.
"yap! I guess I've to take my leave then " Tao said and left after giving me a warm smile.
"huhh, that's why he's my best friend, he understands everything" Kris whispered to himself but it was audible to me.
"what?" I asked .

"ahm nothing" he replied.

'its just us here,so should I ask him about last night ?' This thought was messing up my brain and finally I asked " about last night, shouldn't you apologize?"

"what?, why should I apologize?" Kris replied with a surprised look and I knew he meant it. It concluded that whatever happened last night was a secret that I kept with myself because Kris had forgotten about it and no one else knew it.

" ahm nothing, is your arm alright?" I tried to change the topic.

"yeah better than before"

"hmm good, I was wondering what your hobbies are?" I hated the awkward silence between us.

"riding my bike, working out and singing" he said as he took a sip of his coffee.

"I answered to your wonder now you answer mine, how did you become a doctor? I mean doctors are very civilised and inculcated but you seem nothing like that" he was mocking me.

"how did you become a singer?  I mean singers are handsome and polite specially to girls but you aren't like that" I mocked back but I knew I had no point because he was damn handsome.

"c'mon you too know that I'm handsome and I asked first so I should get an answer first" he seemed so confident about his looks, I wish I had that quality although his was in excess.

"uhmm because I studied my off"

Before he could reply, a waiter came running towards us "sir, the information of you being here  is leaked and fans have crowded the front door. They can rush inside anytime because our guards are not able to handle them so you have to escape as soon as possible"

"what! What about my bike? I've parked that on the front end" Kris was being a moron by thinking about his bike in this situation.

"are you insane? Instead of worrying about yourself, you are worrying about you bike?"

"tell me, is my bike alright?" He asked the waiter as if he didn't hear me.

"yes sir, I've parked that at the end of the alley which starts from the back door of our café. All you need to do to get away from here is to cross that alley and at the end a highway starts. There your bike is parked." He said hurriedly.

"lets go" Kris grabbed my hand and dragged me towards the door.

"wait a second, I don't need to escape. They are after you, not me" I was trying to make him hear my point.

"no ma'am you also need to go because they all know that he is here with a girl" the waiter replied.

Kris didn't wait for any other second and dragged me out of the door.

 The alleyway was straight like a drinking straw and almost as narrow. It seemed like the underworld of any town: gloomy and unpleasant. . Its was exact the replica of the alleys we see in horror movies. Thanks to the holy lord it was daytime.
I would never dare to enter in this type of isolated alley in the dark.

"it's scary" I said and moved closer to him. It wasn't intentional, just like a reflex action. He didn't mind me getting closer, instead he just tightened his grip on my hand.

We walked in silence for a while, hand in hand. Though it was scary, it felt good to be near him. So near that I could smell his cologne. I felt secured and his presence near me felt.. 'hey, wait a second a second, what am I thinking. Shimin you really have lost it'


We kept on walking, he with his untamed charm and I with my messed up mind.

 on crossing our halfway through the alley we saw two men standing on the side, smoking cigarettes. On seeing the men I said to Kris " don't they look like gangsters?"

"stop being so naive, judging someone by his/her looks is a very bad job" Kris said but his tightening grip on my hand said something else.

"hmm" I just nodded.

We tried to walk past those men but unfortunately one of them spotted us in that narrow lane, which was very obvious.

"ohho look who we got here, in our area" the taller one pointed at us.

"wahh! I like to meet new people" The other man said who had a height smaller than mine.

"hey hottie would you like to come with us?" The taller one said coming closer to us.

"I would love to but I have a busy schedule for today so maybe some other day" Kris said.

"I wasn't talking to you, I was talking to that girl" that tall man's reply made me laugh.

"oh sorry, I shouldn't laugh in this situation but I can't help it" my laugh just wouldn't stop but slowly It got under control.

"look, I'm a gentleman and so I cannot burden others with my problem. Sending her with you is like sending my problems with you so as a gentleman that's not good" Kris's gaze was fixed on him.

"huh! Too bad that she isn't coming voluntarily cause I hate using force" that guy said and grabbed kris's face with his fingers pressing either side of kris's cheeks.

"huhh!" Kris gave a long sigh and said "don't you know the worth of the skin you are touching right now with your dirty hands."
While all this, he was holding my hand tightly and now he signaled me to stay behind him.

He clenched that man's hand and ultimately that man had to release his face because of the unbearable pain that Kris gave to him by the clench.
'WOW! He is strong. Seems like he works out alot. I wonder if his abs are that great'

"that's not right kid" the man shouted and threw a punch on him.

Although the punch didn't seemed like it had much effect but this time Kris got really angry. After that, all I could see was flying punches between them. It was obvious that Kris was dominant but his injured arm was creating a great nuisance.

They both rolled down on the floor and kris's grip on my hand released.

"let me help you bro" the short one said and ran towards them.

" not so fast " I hit him with my specialised round kick combined with a back kick and he was down.

I knew that Kris could handle the other one but i was not going to continue seeing him suffer because of his injured arm, so i grabbed a wooden plank from the door of a nearby house and swung on the tall man.
He swerved and unfortunately it hit Kris on his back.

" are you insane! Are you trying to kill me? I know I've been rude but that doesn't mean you can kill me" Kris shouted.

"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry.  I was just trying to help" I was actually sorry.

" your help would just get us killed!!" He was roaring in pain.

" let me try once again"
"noooo...."
I ignored his comment.

I swung it with all my force once again and this time it hit the back of the head of that guy and he became unconscious.

" told you I can do it" I was overjoyed.
"yeah, yeah" Kris got up rubbing his arm.

We both admired the two people who were down because of "ME".

Suddenly we heard a rushing sound. I lifted my face to see a whole crowd of gangsters.. Sorry, people coming towards us.

"what have you done to our friend" one of them shouted.

"we can take them down" I was being narcissistic.

"are you insane?" Kris looked me with bewildered eyes.

"then, do you have any other plan?" I was not thinking rationally.

"yap!"

"what is it?"

"RUN" Kris grabbed my hand and dragged me along with him.