Chapter 15: Finale

Jiyeon: The Queen Bee
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

F I N A L   C H A P T E R

 

Jiyeon was staring into nothingness while sitting on the seashore. Still, she couldn't believe with what was happening. She was once again stranded in that island... with Myungsoo!

"I'm sorry about what happened." said Myungsoo from her back.

She didn't looked at him. Since that morning he was just acting cool with everything. Like he was not even worrying with the both of them being stranded on the island.

"You haven't eaten breakfast. You should eat." he said.

"I don't want to eat."

She heard him blew out an air like he wanted to laugh. She turns her head and look at him.

"This also happened three years ago. On your first day here, I told you to eat and you told me you don't want to."

She stood and faced him. "I can't believe you have the time to reminisce now. We are stranded here. You look like you're not even worrying." She stared at him with suspicion. "Are you really sure you don't know what's going on?"

"Why are you accusing me?"

"Because I know you can do this kind of stuff."

"I don't have any reason to do this. I didn't even know that you will go here. My Mom didn't even tell me that she chose you to her model. I don't even know those people you are with. There's no basis in your accusation."

"Then why are you so cool? Aren't you even worried that you got stranded?"

"Why would I worry? This is my island. There is no harm that will happen to me in here. I won't get hungry because I have stocks of food. And if ever my two ref got out of stocks, there lots of fruit bearing trees around. When my parents wonder why I can't call them or they cannot contact me, my Mom knows I am here. Aside from that, my caretakers delivers fuel for the generator every two weeks with or without my request. And once a month, they have to check and clean the water tank here. So, there's no way I could be stranded here for too long."

She slightly got humiliated on overreacting.

"So, you shouldn't worry too much, too. You might be stranded here now, but it won't be for too long."

But that didn't took her worries away. So shortest time that she'll have to wait before she can go home is two weeks? She did not want to be with Myungsoo even for just a day. "You must find a way to take me home."

"I'm sorry. I can't think more of a way to get you out of here."

"I want to go home now!" She didn't hide her frustration. "Why did they do this? Why did they leave me here?" she ask talking about the staffs. Even Juni manage to leave her there. It was too impossible to be true.

"I'm sure they have a reason why they did this. Otherwise, they wouldn't do this stunt."

Those people would surely get it from her the moment she gets back to Seoul. She sat back on the sand. Her vision started to get blurred until the tears trickled down her cheeks.

"Jiyeonah..."

"Leave me alone, please."

He sighed. After a while she heard him leaving. She burst out crying. She didn't know why she cried. Maybe she was frustrated and she felt betrayed. And perhaps she was afraid to be in the island with Myungsoo again because it would surely bring back all the memories of the heartache she had suffered for a long time.

 

 

 





When Jiyeon got back inside the house, there was a breakfast on the dining table already. Two pancakes with syrup and butter, a banana, and a glass of fresh orange juice. Those are the food that she always ask him for her breakfast before. Her insides clench on the memory. Looks like he haven't forgotten about it yet. She ate breakfast and recalled how they ate together three years. They used to talk and laugh a lot. He was the one wiping crumbs or syrup from the corner of her lips and she's the one feeding him. They were happy.

After she finished eating, she went inside her room and locked herself inside it and forced herself to sleep. But glimpse from the past kept playing inside her head, the moments when she was lying on that bed with Myungsoo beside her and how they would play with each other like kids--they would tickle each other, pillow fight and chasing each other around the room. And when he will caught her, he would playfully threw her on the bed, pinned her down, then kissed her.

When the memories won't stop flowing, she stood up. She decided to swim on the sea to tire herselt out so she'll fall asleep immediately. But when she gets there, she remembers how she would swim with Myungsoo. They would hold each other's hand while under the water then he will kiss her when they rose up. They even tried kissing underwater.

She still couldn't sleep though she got tired swimming. She spent her afternoon walking on the shore and again, memories kept rushing by no matter how she shunned them.

Before the sun went down she realized that even though three years had passed, still she haven't fully recovered from the heartache Myungsoo had caused to her. She just made herself believed that she had moved on.

She missed those moments she had with him in Aromi Island, she missed being with him, and she was afraid to admit anything more than that.

 

 

 

 

 

Jiyeon went out of the veranda from her room and stared at the sea. It had been two days since she got stuck in the island. Brief and civil conversations were the only thing happened between her and Myungsoo. He respected that she wanted to be alone and quiet. Still, he would cook her food to eat and ask what she needs.

She wanted to go home. While she stays longer in there she just can't stop but to be afraid of her own self. All she does was to think of the happy memories she had with Myungsoo on the island. She hated how she was thinking and behaving.

She turns on the other side of the veranda when she saw some movements. She and Myungsoo stared at each other when went out of his room to the veranda. It would look foolish to walk back to her room to avoid him. He smiled at her. She was obliged to smile back.

"Do you need anything?" he ask.

"Nothing. Thanks."

"I'm sorry if I can't do anything to bring you back home. You look sad. Looks like you really don't like it here."

"It's okay. I just miss being home."

"How have you been, Jiyeon?" he ask after a moment of silent. "What happened to you after you left EU?"

"I'd been okay. I enjoyed my new school. I was not as popular there as I was in EU but I met a lot of friends."

"Why did you leave EU in the first place?"

"I-I just wanted a new environment."

"Or was it because of Jong Suk?"

A moment of silent pass before she answer. "Yeah. I wanted to forget about him. I wouldn't have been able to do that if I'd stayed and saw him everyday." she answer while staring straight to his eyes. She was talking about him and not Jong Suk.

Sadness passed thru his eyes but it was just quick so she wasn't sure if what saw was real.

"Y-You've successfully moved on, right?" he ask after a while.

"Yes, I did." 'Or maybe I just thought I did...' "By the way, how's Jong Suk now?"

"He's fine. He's working at B&J Global."

"B&J Global? Isn't Bae Suzy's family own that?"

"Yes."

"Why is he working there? Did he get back with Suzy?" She would be happy if she'll know that Jong Suk and Suzy are married now despite of the thing she did to break them apart.

"Nope. Suzy is still in the States. But Jong Suk is working there because he's waiting for Suzy to come back."

"Really?"

"Yeah. Amazing, isn't it? Three years have passed but Jong Suk is still in love with Suzy. He was waiting for her to come back though he's not sure that when Suzy came back, they will get back together again."

"Yes. That's amazing. Still loving someone despite the time and distance and without communication."

"That kind of love is true."

"True love..." She wanted to blame him to the thing he did to her before but she wouldn't do that. "It's seldom nowadays."

"Yeah. Mostly, people thought it was true love and the next day, they'll realize it's false alarm."

She looked at him. Was he indirectly hinting about he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter