Chapter 7 Realizing a Resolution

What is This Feeling?

 

A/N: Herrow everyone! It has almost been a week since I updated! Sad I know but finals are this week so I've been studying haha. Anyways! Chapter 7 is up! Enjoy! Please subscribe, comment, and add. More views would be nice! BTW to set the mood, please listen to MBLAQ's This is War song. The intro sounds really good with it. Well anyways, A/N are on the bottom if you care HAHA. D:

 

Taeyeon’s POV

Flashback

16 years ago…

 

“Mom! Dad!”

“Taeyeon…! It’s okay. Just hide somewhere safe okay…?!”

“Why?! Who are those people?! Why do they have guns?!”

“It’s okay Tae; we’ll be fine…Just make sure to stay out of sight. Don’t let them find you!”

“But…”

“If we don’t come back, go call this number and say that you are my son okay? Here are some plane tickets to the U.S., go there and stay with the man named Mr. Jung. Now HIDE!!”

“We love you Tae…we’ll always love you.” They both hugged me tight and left.

I hid under the kitchen sink as what my parents told me to. I had no idea what was going on. Who are they? Why are they here? Are Mom and Dad going to be alright…? I was really worried for them. I slowly opened the door and peered out a little to see what the situation is.

Three men in black suits broke down the entrance door and barged into the living room where my parents were. The two on his side were wearing agent issues, the one in the middle looked about the same age as my Dad…Wait, he looks familiar…He’s my Dad’s partner in business. But why is he here? And with guns? What’s going to happen with my parents?! I started breathing heavily as these questions were encircling my mind.

“Huh…I see you’ve given up huh?” I heard the man snicker. “Looks like the Kim Company is going to end here! You knew this was going to happen right, President Kim? Hahaha!!” He evilly laughed.

“Why…?! I trusted you! We were partners! Why this?! What have I done to make you resort to this catastrophe?!” I heard my Dad yell.

“Please…Partners? You think we were that close? You must be kidding me!” He responded with a sarcastic tone. “I’ve always wanted to dominate your company! You ruined my reputation and now my family is entering poverty! It’s your entire fault!” He screamed at the top of his lungs. His body shook in ecstasy.

“What are you saying? Just because of that! It’s MY fault!? I could’ve helped you!” He tried to compensate.

“SHUT UP! Everything is your fault, Mr. Kim. I doubt you could change my mind.”

“Look. If we work something out, we could stop this matter.”

“Ha! You think I can fall for your words?! Not again!!”

“Please don’t do this!” My Mom yelled.

“Heh! With you two gone, the Kim family line will end right? That means no more Kim enterprise or whatever crap! It’s no use for you to work something out. I’ve suffered enough of this bull.”

My eyes widened. The pistol shined when the light hit the pistol showing its significance. I saw the shady man his gun. He raised the gun towards my Dad. NO! DAD! I wanted to run out and stop them. But…It would be foolish of me to do so. I had to listen to my parents’ order. I stayed put no matter how strong the urge was.

I saw my parents; my Dad whispered something to my Mom and she let out a sign of relief. She seemed to have calmed down. What did he say to her?

“Hey! What are you saying?!” The man yelled at my Dad. “Pay attention to the situation at hand bastard!”

“Mr. Kwon…I know this might not change anything, but realize this: The Kim tradition will never cease. You might think it will but see to your expectation that everything will come crashing down. You’ll see, Mr. Kwon. You are just making a fool of yourself.” My Dad informed the man, who was called ‘Mr. Kwon.’ ‘The Kim tradition will never cease…’ Does he mean that I will take his place in the Kim business? But I’m too young, it doesn’t make sense to me yet.

“What the hell are you talking about?! You think I can believe the bull you’re giving me?! Tch! This is the end for you…” Mr. Kwon’s hand was trembling. He slid his finger on the trigger. I gasped in surprise but quietly.

My Mom held onto Dad’s shoulder and hid her face into the nape of his neck. She sobbed quietly but I can tell she is crying. He put his arm around her waist and they shared a passionate hug. They kissed and kept still in their embrace. My Dad looked strong and bold; no fear was written on his face. He looked straight ahead, looking deep into Mr. Kwon’s eyes.

“…Likewise.” Dad said shortly.

“You piss me off!” Mr. Kwon yelled and pulled the trigger. My heart skipped a beat.

“Goodbye…Taeyeon.” I somehow heard my Dad say in a low voice.

BANG!! BANG!!

Multiple bullets penetrated through them… Blood skewed out from their body. Each bullet that went through passed straight into their body. Everything was in slow motion. Their bodies slowly came down to the floor. Their bodies hit the floor with a loud thud. A pool of red liquid was spreading across the floor.

“Heh…Let’s go.” The murderer said and left with his bodyguards.

Once they left, I quickly ran out to them. “MOM! DAD! WHY?! WHY?!”

This isn’t real…right? I shook them continuously, trying to wake them up. I yelled their names at the top of my lunges. No response…

My senses were disabled. My vision was getting blurry as the tears started to form. I witnessed my parents’ death in front of my eyes. The tears slowly ran down my cheeks. Uncontrollable tears…

I couldn’t feel anything at that moment. I was traumatized. I looked at their faces and they looked like they had a peaceful expression. My Dad had a calm expression; my Mom’s face was drenched in tears but had the same expression as my Dad. Why do they look at ease…?

There was nothing I can do. I feel useless. I couldn’t stop this from happening…Why me?! Why must I suffer something like this?! I’m just a kid! What was I supposed to do anyway?! I was conflicting with my thoughts. What am I going to do now…?

I continued to mourn over their bodies. There was nobody who can help me. I can’t trust anyone anymore. Not after what happened. They were close friends weren’t they? Then why did he do this? What caused him to do this? Was I meant to suffer like this? I felt my emotions disappear. There was no hope for me now.

I stayed there crying over my parents. I didn’t care that blood was getting all over me. I wanted to be with my parents. They’ve always been there for me. I hugged their cold bodies, crying uncontrollably.

After for what seemed for 10 minutes, I heard the ambulance coming. I stood up and went outside. They took notice of me and approached me. I saw the paramedics take out a gurney and went inside the house. I just waited there. Some were questioning me, but I ignored them. I was in no mood to talk, let alone socialize with them. I saw a few paramedics come out with my parents on the gurneys. They were covered with white sheets, but the blood was seeping through the cloth. I felt like dying.

I wanted to cry again, but I didn’t feel any tears coming out. I can’t cry anymore. They won’t come out.

The paramedics put me into the ambulance car with them; I sat down without saying anything. There was nothing to say anyway.

When we arrived at the hospital, they ordered me to sit in a private room. I just followed what they said. I was not in any mood to do anything…

I put my hands in my pockets and felt a piece of paper. I reached in and took it out. It was the number I had to call and a plane ticket…I glanced at the name and it read: “Mr. Jung.” I’ve never heard of him before. What’s his relationship to my Dad? Can I trust him?

I flipped through the paperwork, and a little note dropped to the floor. I noticed it and picked it up. I scanned it; it was from my parents…I opened it and read the note.

To: Taeyeon

Taeyeon, when you read this, please follow what it says okay?

Your mother and I are in a feud with Mr. Kwon and now he wants to target us.

When the time comes, I want you to run. Run as fast as you can.

Go to Mr. Jung in the U.S. he’s like a brother to me. You can trust him.

Study hard and make sure you’re the top in school okay?

Mr. Kwon doesn’t know that I had a son so keep that information confidential.

I want you to be safe for the sake of your mother and I.

Everything will be fine. In the future, I want you to go back to Korea.

Because you will be the next president of the Kim company.

I am proud to have you be the next heir of the company.

Keep strong and don’t let anything get in your way.

Don’t cry either, crying will you nowhere.

Your mother and I love you very much. This is goodbye…

Love: Dad

I felt a wave of sadness overcome me. I felt like crying again at his lengthy note. They were trying to protect me… I must act strong…for my parents right?

I stopped myself from crying. I suddenly felt better after reading this note. I didn’t feel like crying anymore. It won’t do me any good. That’s what my Dad said right? I’ll get through this. I will follow my father’s footsteps and strive on. I came to my resolution and now I have to take action.

I ran out of the hospital and escaped these dark memories.

I ignored the shouts from the people back there. I just continued running with the papers in my hand. I didn’t know exactly where I was going but I continued running. I was running nonstop, feeling the wind against my hair. The cold, piercing wind cuts against my face.

My feet lead me to the airport…I wasn’t thinking of leaving so abruptly but I got this feeling that I leave as soon as possible. It’s for the best. I entered the airport and gave them my ticket. I boarded the plane to the U.S. I didn’t look back. No. I couldn’t. This is goodbye Korea…Till I’m ready to come back. The plane lifted off and I soon feel asleep as exhaustion took over me…

 

“Tae!”

I suddenly heard Sica’s voice and I arose from my slumber. She was lying next to me and looking at me with concern in her eyes.

“Tae…you were screaming in your dream and I got worried. Were you having that kind of dream again…?” She said with pain in her eyes. I didn’t like that look, I don’t want Sica to worry about me all the time…not after all she’s done for me…

“It’s okay Sica. This time, it ended well.” I made a small smile to her. She sighed with relief and smiled back at me. The look of pain in her eyes disappeared, I was glad. I pulled her closer to me and we shared a long embrace. I always hug her to assure her that I’m fine. Her body relaxed and I could feel her smile against my chest.

“That’s great. I’m glad that you’ve been acting much more confident than before.” She said. I released her from the hug and we both continued to lay there.

“Yeah…what’s happened happened. I’m glad though…that I was able to overcome my traumatized state. Thanks to you and Uncle Jung, I was able to get up off my feet. I really appreciate it.” I gave her a sincere smile that always makes her red in the face. It was cute though. Haha.

She smiled back with a flustered face. I laughed at her and she playfully hit my arm. I looked at the time and class should end in about a few minutes. I examined my injury and it was feeling a lot better. I stood up and tried putting some weight on my leg, but then a piercing pain hit me. I was in no condition to walk without support. Jessica noticed my struggle and offered me her help.

She supported me with her shoulder and she guided me off the bed. As we were about to leave the office, the nurse came in along with Tiffany.

“Oh! You’re awake! It seems your condition improved; however, I advise that you should use crutches for a few days. It’d be wise to if you don’t want to reopen the wound.” She informed me. I peered behind her and I see Tiffany contemplating to herself.

She noticed my staring at her and she quickly looked up and her face became flushed. I smiled at her and she managed to smile back, but it was like an awkward smile which caused me to laugh loudly. Jessica turned her head towards me and gave me her confused look.

“I’ll be sure to watch my step Nurse. Thanks for your care.” I said.

She offered me some crutches she had in the closet and I took them. “Here are some crutches. Lucky for you I had them here. Return them when you are able to walk again.” Jessica and Tiffany headed out of the office and waited for me to get ready.

“Thanks.” I adjusted the crutches to my height. Once I felt comfortable with it, I headed towards the door; Tiffany and Jessica were waiting for me outside.

“Yo!” I said while making a peace sign. They turned their attention towards me.

“Took you long enough.” Jessica bluntly said.

“H-Hey!” Tiffany said while her face was red. What were they talking about?

“Haha soooo…what were you talking about?” I questioned them.

“None of your concern.” Jessica said shortly.

“N-Nothing!” Tiffany loudly said.

It’s obvious they’re hiding something…Oh well. I shouldn’t annoy them. Don’t wanna be too up into their business. The bell suddenly rang to alert that class ended which surprised me, wait…then Tiffany got out of class early to check up on me? Just thinking that she got out of class early to see me made my day better. But isn’t she like the top in the school? I shouldn’t make her worry over me and get out of class early. I’ll be ruining her studies! I shouldn’t cause her trouble…She seems to be having troubles of her own based off my observations…

“Eyyyyyyyy yo everyone!” We heard a loud female voice from down the hall.

Sunny, Sooyoung, Seohyun, Yoona, and Yuri were approaching us.

“Hey, Taeyeon you alright man?” Sooyoung and Yoona asked as they observed me. I smiled at them and laughed, “Yeah all good haha.” They all asked if I was alright and we had idle chit chat for a bit.

Sunny, Sooyoung, Seohyun, and Yuri were talking to Tiffany and Jessica and were asking dozens of questions. It was a funny sight actually, they looked like they wanted her autograph…Then again who wouldn’t? Haha.

 

Tiffany’s POV

Throughout the whole day, I constantly kept glancing at the clock. My anxiety was getting the best of me. I’m really worried about Taeyeon. He’s staying in the nurse’s office the whole day because of me. If it weren’t for that weird dream then maybe all of this wouldn’t have happened…

I looked at the clock again; class ends in about 10 minutes. Maybe I should ask leave early to check on Taeyeon…? I already informed all my friends that Taeyeon was resting in the nurse’s office, so of course they would visit him straight after school. But I want to go there before them to see him…Wait; I mean…Jessica is there with him anyway…so what does it matter? But I want to check up on him…Then again I’m going to see him anyway…

I abruptly stood up from my chair and gathered my things which caused the students’ attention to turn at me. I ignored their stares and walked up to Ms. Park. I had too much in my mind and all of a sudden my body had a mind of its own.

“Um…i-it is okay if I-I leave class early, M-Ms. Park?” I was stuttering a little realizing that a million piercing stares were on me.

“Sure. Knowing you, you’re probably passed this lesson. Tell Taeyeon to get well, okay?” Ms. Park laughed a little and smiled at me. I smiled back and headed towards the door.

I glanced to Sunny who gave me a sly smile and an ‘OK!’ sign saying that she’ll visit when class is over. I nodded my head and walked out of the door.

I literally ran to the nurse’s office and without knowing, bumped into the Nurse.

“Yah! No running in the halls!” She scolded and looked at me. “Oh…Tiffany-sshi. Are you in a rush to see Taeyeon that badly?” She said upon realization and chuckled at me.

I blushed and looked away. “N-No! Of course not!”

“Riiiight…haha. Anyways, I’ll lead you there.” She said. I followed behind her.

“So you got out of class early to see him huh?” She said in a teasing tone and smiled at me.

“W-Well…No…I mean…” I started stuttering again.

“It’s okay Tiffany, no need to explain yourself haha! …Oh we’re here!” We arrived at our destination and opened the door. I was standing behind the Nurse trying to look past her shoulder to see if Taeyeon was still resting. To my surprise, I saw Jessica supporting Taeyeon on her shoulder and they were standing in front of the entranceway.

“Oh! You’re awake! It seems your condition improved; however, I advise that you should use crutches for a few days. It’d be wise to if you don’t want to reopen the wound.” The Nurse informed Taeyeon.

I started to contemplate with my thoughts, wondering how I should greet him. I was thinking too much and I suddenly felt someone staring at me. I looked up and I see Taeyeon smiling at me! I suddenly felt blood rush up to my cheeks and I can tell that he knows I’m blushing…How embarrassing! I managed to give him an awkward smile which caused him to laugh out loud. Aigoo…

I saw Jessica turned towards him and gave him a confused look.  She then shrugged it off and walked out the room with me so that Taeyeon can get ready to leave.

When we were stuck outside waiting, Jessica all of a sudden asked me something that made my heart skip a beat. It took me by surprise.

“You know Taeyeon and I aren’t really cousins right?”

My eyes widened at this. What are they then?

“W-What do you mean?” I was really nervous for some reason. I could feel my palms sweat.

“Do you like Taeyeon?” She disregarded my question and asked me another one instead.

“Uhh…I…” I was about to question her, wondering why she’s suddenly asking, until the door opened and it revealed Taeyeon.

“Yo!” he said while making a peace sign.

“Took you long enough.” Jessica bluntly said.

“H-Hey!” I said out of shock.

“Haha soooo…what were you talking about?” He said with curious eyes.

“None of your concern.” Jessica bluntly said.

My face was really red and I sighed out of relief. “N-Nothing!” I said loudly.

He gave me a weird look but then shrugged it off. At least he doesn’t want to keep pestering us about it, that’s a good thing. He always understands the situation which I find very significant about him.

“Eyyyyyyyy yo everyone!” We heard a loud female voice from down the hall. I know that voice. It sounded very much like Sunny…We turned our attention towards the voice and I was right.

Sunny, Sooyoung, Seohyun, Yoona, and Yuri were approaching us. Their faces were written with concern. They came over to us and looked at Taeyeon, scanning him up and down.

“Hey, Taeyeon you alright man?” Sooyoung and Yoona asked as they observed Taeyeon. He told them, “Yeah all good haha.” Then he laughed. I smiled to myself knowing that he’s fine. It took a big load off my shoulders.

Sunny, Sooyoung, Seohyun, and Yuri approached me and started bombarding me with questions. I managed to answer their questions but it felt like I was being interviewed. I glanced over to Taeyeon and we happened to make eye contact again. I saw sadness and loneliness in his eyes…Until he smiled like a dork at me and I gave him an eye-smile in return. The darkness in his eyes soon disappeared and I soon felt at ease.

“You know Taeyeon and I aren’t really cousins right?”

“Do you like Taeyeon?”

These questions suddenly entered my head. Jessica really is straightforward, she doesn’t waste any time does she? But what does she mean…?

 


A/N: Herrow everyone! How are you all doing? I'm thinking of making YT videos and blogging so I can get in touch with you but that's be too creepy haha. Then again, I'm posting dance covers up so look that up if you want. ;) 3,499 words! Yay! Not that long I know...Actually it kinda is! :D

Anyways! CLIFFHANGER!  I love them so much! Not! I really hate it...But it's easy to write it you know? I hope you enjoyed it! SINCE it's been a week since I've updated, I'll make it up to you guys by writing a chapter everyday! If not, then I'll write 2 chapters in one day!  Yay you! -___-''

I hope you guys had a wonderful weekend! I did! Kinda! Haha. I love the support you guys so spread the word of WTF! Thanks! XD

Please subscribe, comment, and add, or any of the three is fine with me! :D Spread the word Locksmiths! Love you all! and enjoy!

Questions, comments, concerns? Tell me what you think guys! No hating or mean comments! :)

BTW I am in love with MBLAQ's This is War album and Teen Top's It's album and B.A.P.'s debut is amazing! I've been constantly listening to them for the past few weeks LOL. xD

ANOTHER BTW I wish that Taeyeon was Tiffany's new MC partner! Sad that Yuri had to go though! :( But I would love to see TaeNy action going. <3