Chapter 6 Why Would You Do This...?

What is This Feeling?

 

A/N: Hey guys! Sorry for the delay! I had no power for about 3 days! Well anyways, enjoy! Subcribe, comment, like, or any of three is fine with me. :) Add me as a friend too if you want. More views would be nice though... -___- Thanks for the support! :) [I sense a cliffhanger...]

 

 

Tiffany’s POV

I felt someone’s presence near me. Their body shifted closer against my back and I could feel their hot breath against my neck. Their arms wrapped around my waist pulling me in for a back hug. Their strong arms are that of a guy I assumed. He pulled me in closer until I can feel his body against my back. He snuggled against my back and I didn’t resist. I was in no position to move. I was trapped in between his grip, feeling the warmth that I loved. The room was silent; we can hear each other breathing. Our breathing was in synch. Everything seemed relaxed and peaceful. I’ve never felt so comfortable…

There was a stranger in the house and he was using me as a pillow yet I didn’t do anything about it. This warmth he was giving me was familiar to the one Taeyeon gave me. I lay there, not thinking of what to do. I was too comfortable with it. I was, however, wondering who this stranger laying next to me was…

I shifted a little and he weakened his grip on me. I flipped my body around to see who it was. His dark brown hair was messy and spread across his face, covering his eyes. I couldn’t tell who it was. I moved a little closer to his face and brushed off his hair to the side so I could see his face clearly. I gently moved his bangs out of his face and slowly realized who this man beside me was.

…Taeyeon…

He was lying down beside me embracing me. I didn’t yell nor did I push him out. I continued staring at him. I didn’t realize that I was getting closer to him. I couldn’t control my actions. My whole body seemed to be drawn to him; I was drawing closer and closer to his face.

He looked like a sleeping prince. His short brown hair was perfectly upon his face. The moonlight shined upon him showing his smooth, white skin as if it looked like it was glowing. The shadows defined his facial features. Everything about him drew me closer and closer. My heart was beating at a fast pace. My body was growing more and more hot. My face was just a few centimeters away from his…

I looked down at his lips and I unknowingly my lips. I didn’t know what I was doing. Everything was a blur. My body had a mind of its own. I was moving closer and closer to his face. I could feel his face brush against my skin.

!!…I quickly pulled back. My heart was rapidly beating out of control. My face was red and my body was feeling hot all over. What was I doing? Was I about to kiss him…? No…it’s not right. This is impossible! I was so close to giving away my first kiss with a guy I just met last week. Why…Why am I doing this? What was my true intention? I can’t believe I was just about to do such a thing.

I slightly turned my head to see if I had awoken Taeyeon. He didn’t budge from his last position...good! If he saw that, he would’ve misunderstood! I don’t think of him that way! He’s just a friend! A friend I met a week ago!

I turned around and lay back down onto the bed. I could still hear my own heartbeat…Aigoo what am I going to do?! I can’t control this feeling inside me!

I heard him chuckle. Wait! He was awake?! Did he see me do that?! NO! I felt his grip on my waist tighten. I heard him shift around and the weight around my waist pulled my body closer to him. I felt him snuggle closer to me giving me the same back hug he gave me earlier. My heart started beating even faster than before. Why does it always do that…?

He pulled me in until he fully embraced me in his arms. He put his chin on my shoulder while his arms fully wrapped my body. He leaned in closer to my ear and I could feel his hot breath against it. I felt his lips brush against the lobe of my ear. His bare chest pushed against my back…I could feel his heartbeat beating really fast…it matched the rhythm of mine. I couldn’t do anything. I was helpless.

Miyoung…I love you.” He whispered in my ear.

He gently grabbed my chin and turned my face towards his. He cupped my face and made eye contact with me. He stared lovingly at me and leaned in closer to my lips. We were a few centimeters apart…closer and closer…

 

Ring!! Ring!!

I abruptly rose from this sudden surprise. I was sweating and my heart was beating rapidly. I looked at the source of the sound and glared…frickin alarm clock! I irritatingly turned it off. How annoying…I looked around my room and I was alone. There was no imprint or sign of Taeyeon’s being here. Was that a dream…?

I blinked several times and even pinched myself to make sure I was awake. Yeah, everything seems the same. So…it was a dream after all…

Why was I having a dream with Taeyeon?

Why was I about to kiss him?

Why didn’t I resist when he was about to kiss me?

AIGOO! Headache…too many questions…Why am I suffering through this?

I had to get my mind off things…I laid there not doing anything. What was I going to do again…? GAH! I had to have this kind of dream! What was I thinking!? I let out a deep sigh. I didn’t want to get this all up in my mind…it was just a dream. Doesn’t mean anything Tiffany! There is no meaning to this! I’ll forget about it later during the day since school will occupy my time anyway…

I finally decided to get ready for school. I lazily dragged myself out of my bed. I attempted to do my daily routines but my mind was out of it. I forgot to adjust the water’s temperature when I was taking a shower. My shirt was inside out, my left shoe was on my right while my right shoe was on my left, and I had different socks on. I was lacking common sense today…I felt slow and extra exhausted, petrified even from having these flashes of images in my head. Taeyeon sleeping next to me, hugging me, me almost kissing him, him pulling me in for a kiss. The images were so vivid…I can’t think of anything else…!

I managed to finish my morning routine and slowly walked to school. Today was just not my day I thought. My head is aching from the morning I had. Even through this migraine the scenes are stuck on replay! …I was too deep in thought, ignoring all of my surroundings. I stopped at a crosswalk across Soshi University to see that the light was green. I finally made it to school…it seemed like I was walking on forever. I dragged myself across the street until I heard a loud honking. I looked towards the sound and saw a truck coming towards me at a fast speed.

My feet were glued to the ground. I couldn’t move. Everything on my mind disappeared. I was too petrified to even move out of the way. The vehicle was approaching closer. I saw my life flash before my eyes. I can’t do anything. It’s too late…

…Mom…Dad…Sunny…Tae…Everyone…

SCREECH!!

 

…I felt the cold ground against me. I didn’t feel any pain. Did I not get hit…? Then…what happened? I slowly arose from the ground; I had a few cuts and bruises from this abrupt fall. I looked around and the truck wasn’t there anymore. Then…was this another dream…?

I scanned my surroundings…and I saw a person lying beside me. He has the same uniform as I do…Wait a second…

I came closer to him and turned his body towards me…My eyes widened at this sudden situation…Taeyeon…What’s he doing here…?! Did he just save me? How did he get here…? How come he’s not waking up?! What’s going on?! Taeyeon…I noticed blood on his right leg; it was seeping through his pants...It was a painful sight. I felt my heart quiver with fear.

“TAEYEON!!”

“……….....”

“…Taeyeon…?”

I called for help but there was nobody around because it was too early…then…what do I do?

I yelled his name endlessly, shaking him around. Why is he not waking up? My vision was getting blurry. I can feel the tears form in my eyes. Why…? Why would he risk his life for someone like me?! I felt so useless. I felt like a burden…I couldn’t do anything except cry.

I came to my senses…I can’t leave him in this condition! I reacted quickly and lifted his body onto mine and carried him to the nurse’s office. He was heavy but I didn’t want him to suffer from this horrible injury, I used up all the strength I had to get there. Since we were in front of Soshi University, it didn’t take long; but I couldn’t waste another minute! Taeyeon was bleeding intensely and he’s not waking up…!!

We arrived at the nurse’s office and I swiftly placed him onto the hospital bed. I looked around to search for the nurse only to find out that nobody was here…the nurse was out! What?! No time to look for help! I’ll do it by myself! I quickly took out the emergency kit from the cabinet. I lifted the pant leg and saw a deep cut on Taeyeon’s leg. I quickly tied a cloth around his shin to slow down the bleeding. I took out some disinfectant and cleaned the wound. I grabbed the gauze and wrapped it. My hands were trembling and I had trouble gripping onto the objects, but I didn’t let that bother me; I continued taking care of Taeyeon.

After I had finished wrapping it, I cleaned off all the other scratches that were apparent on his hands. I disinfected the scratches and placed band aids over them. My heart was beating fast from all this shock and from me running around the place. I was so worried for Taeyeon…He saved my life and put his own at risk…

I finished tending to him and sat down next to his bed. I looked at him and stared at his face. Questions came up again and I brushed them off…No time for thinking…I have to see if Taeyeon is okay…I scanned him from head to toe, observing all the injuries he got…because of me. It’s my entire fault…tears started rolling down my face…Guilt was overtaking me…

I could taste the saltiness of my tears. My tears were falling from my face down onto Taeyeon’s face. I grabbed hold of him and hugged him gently.

“…No…Tae…you can’t leave me…” I croaked, still feeling the stream of tears run down my face.

I hugged him even tighter…I felt the warm feeling again and it calmed me down a bit. I stayed there hugging him for a while…I don’t know how long it has been but…I could care less…my friend was in a terrible state and leaving him would be a stupid move.

I suddenly felt Taeyeon’s body twitch…I released from our hold. I looked down at his face and saw his eyes slowly open…

 

Taeyeon’s POV

“TAEYEON!!” I heard Tiffany scream at the top of her lungs. I wanted to respond back but I didn’t have the strength to…I drifted off to nowhere…

 

“…No…Tae…you can’t leave me…”

I heard an angelic voice beside me. I can feel her warmth against me. I felt her hug me tighter and her body started to relax. I woke up but my eyes were still closed. I must have made Tiffany really worried…Her voice was cracking…she’s been crying too much…

My eyelids felt extremely heavy and my body was in pain. I couldn’t really move. I felt a stinging pain in my right leg. I hissed in pain and my body twitched. The warmth I felt left my body. I used my strength to open my eyes, but ever so slowly. I opened my eyes fully and everything was a blur. I blinked a few times to make my vision clearer and noticed that I was in a white room.

“…Where am I…?” My throat was dry.

I looked beside me and saw Tiffany; eyes widened, and mouth agape. Her eyes were red and puffy; tears were still streaming down her face. She stood from her chair and approached me closer and put me in a passionate embrace. I wish I could wrap my arms around her but I didn’t have the strength to…

“…Miyoung…” I called out her name. She was still sobbing against me; I could feel the wetness form on my shoulder. I felt my heart sank…she’s crying because of me…

I reluctantly pushed her away from our hug. She sat back down in her chair and looked at me with sad and confused eyes. I felt my strength coming back and I lifted up my hand towards her face. I cupped her face and brushed away her tears with my thumb. I smiled at her to reassure that I was recovering better than expected.

“Miyoung…please don’t cry. It hurts my heart to see you like that…” I chuckled.

She started to calm down and ceased her tears. She was trying hard to keep her tears in. I smiled to know that she was worried for me. I waited patiently for her to stop crying. After about 2 minutes or so, the sobbing stopped. I looked at her and she looked back. We stared into each other’s eyes for a while. I love her dark brown eyes…whenever I look into them, it’s impossible to look away. But as I was searching deeply into her eyes, I can see a hint of loneliness...She never smiles genuinely unless there’s a reason she should. She puts on a fake smile to cover her loneliness…but why would she do that? What’s the reason…? I want to help her…

“…Why…?” I broke my trance and realized that Tiffany was speaking up. I looked at her confusingly.

“…Why did you have to do that? …Because of me, you got injured badly…” She said sadly with her head down. I felt a sting in my heart.

“…There are…many reasons why I did that…” I started saying.

“…Then what are they…?” She said, head still low.

“I don’t want you to get hurt…it pains me if you end up like this…I wouldn’t forgive myself…”

“………”

“You were my first friend here in Soshi University and we got pretty close…” I continued.

“There’s just too many to say haha…Most of which I can’t tell…”

She looked up at me with a confused look. I guess she really didn’t understand me yesterday when I confessed to her…

“I guess I could tell you one more thing…I had this experience when I was a child, this same exact situation happened to Jessica actually. When we were playing, I passed the ball too hard for her and it rolled down the street…she, being clueless, chased after it…not realizing that an oncoming car was speeding towards her. I quickly ran towards her and was able to save her just in time…however; she got injured in the process. She broke her arm from the sudden impact and I felt guilty…She was the only person I was really close with…I never forgave myself from that…She recovered after a few months. But she kept telling me that it wasn’t my fault and that it was hers instead. I…didn’t think so. From then on, I became over protective of Jessica, same with her—er, I mean vice versa. It was a scary experience…but I would protect Jessica no matter what…the same goes with you too, Miyoung. It doesn’t matter if I get hurt, as long as you’re alright…” I finally finished my confession of the past…the real reason couldn’t be said…she’d probably freak out and then our friendship would turn awkward…I really didn’t want that, just being able to be with her makes me happy enough…

A moment of silence has taken place. I looked at her and her head was still hung low. I sighed and spoke up, “Hey…you feeling alright…?”

“…I should be asking you that…” She finally spoke up.

“…Hm?”

“…Now I understand…thanks for saving me and telling me a little bit of your past. I’m really grateful for what you did. Thank you so much…if it weren’t for you it would’ve been tragic…I wonder how I’m going to make it up to you…” She said quietly and made a sarcastic laugh. I frowned upon her attitude.

“Yah…Don’t act so negative! You’re fine and I’m fine which is great right?” I smiled at her. “As for making it up to me…you don’t really have to. I mean, just seeing you every day is fine with me.” I smiled even wider at her and I noticed her face was flushed and she looked up at me and smiled her genuine smile. It made my heart skip a few beats.

“Tae, you’re so dorky…” She said and laughed a little. I laughed along with her, the atmosphere got much more comfortable.

“Who’s there?” We both heard a female’s voice from the other side of the door.

The door opened and it turned out to be the nurse. So, if the nurse just got here, that means Tiffany was the one who cared for me! Yesss! Lucky me! I suddenly felt a spark of happiness inside.

“Oh…sorry I’m late. It was much too early to be here. Excuse my interruption.” She looked at both of us and then faced her attention towards my wrapped up leg. She gasped in surprise.

“Well, what happened here?” She asked with concern in her voice.

“My friend here saved me from getting in an accident but he got injured during the process…so I carried him here and tended to his wounds…” Tiffany shyly said. I couldn’t help but smile at her cuteness.

“Is that so? Well, good thing you tended to him as early as possible, otherwise he would’ve lost a lot of blood. Alright, what time does your class start?” She asked both of us.

“Uhhh…at 10:30.” I said and Tiffany nodded her head in agreement.

“Aren’t you two early? You still have an hour before class starts, but I recommend that you,” She pointed at me, “stay here for the remainder of the day. With an injury like that, you shouldn’t be walking around. Don’t want that wound to reopen you know?” She finished her explanation and I nodded.

“…Um! C-Can I stay here with h-him…?” Tiffany suddenly spoke up and her question made me really surprised. My eyes widened, my heartbeat was increasing.

“I’m sorry, that’s not prohibited. You can’t miss class, Miss…?” She left her words hanging as she waited for Tiffany to tell her name.

“Hwang…Tiffany Hwang.” She sternly said and made eye contact with the nurse.

“Oh! I hadn’t realized it was the top student at our university, Miss Tiffany Hwang!” She said with a surprised tone.

“Tiffany, you should go to class. Don’t stay just for me…” I said, I didn’t want to make her skip class because of me. I wanted her to stay badly but I don’t want to distract her from her studies…

“But...” She hesitantly said. She seemed to be thinking hard.

“I’m going to get a coffee. *Yawn*” The nurse left us alone.

I smiled at her and she looked at me. “It’s alright Tiffany, I don’t want to distract you from your studies.”

“…Okay.” She said sadly. I guess she’s really worried about me.

She was heading out to the door but I didn’t want her to leave just yet. “Fany-ah! Wait!” I yelled.

She turned around and looked at me. “Mwo?”

“Class starts in an hour, you can stay until class starts.” I smiled widely at her. She smiled back and laughed. She came back and sat down on the chair next to me.

We were about to talk until…BAM!

“TAE?! TAE?! Where are you?!” I heard a familiar voice at the door. I figured it was Jessica. She always comes at the right times…Sigh.

She broke down the sliding door, figuratively speaking. And rushed over to me and hugged me super tight. She was out of breath and sobbing.

“Tae…I heard you got into an accident!” She yelled while crying.

“How did you know…?” I was trying to get out from her intense hug for some air.

“I was walking down the hall to find you and I asked the nurse if she knew where you were. She told me you got into an accident and that you were lying in bed!” She said in between her tears.

She softened her hold and I hugged her back while rubbing her back. Whenever she cries, I always know how to soothe her. I felt her sobbing receding and she released from our hug.

“…Are you okay Tae?” This time she said in a softer tone.

I smiled at her and she cried of joy. She hugged me again, “I’m so glad you’re alright! I would’ve been devastated without you…”

“Yah…Sica, it’s alright. Fany-ah took care of me. Hehe.”

She looked at Tiffany and gave her a real smile. That’s rare. “I’m glad you took care of Tae! Thank you so much Tiffany!” She said with gratitude and gave Tiffany a hug. I looked at Tiffany’s face and she looked surprised. I laughed at her expression and Jessica turned back to me.

“What are you laughing about?” She said straightforwardly. She changed back to her original posture.

“Nothing! Haha. Just glad that you and Tiffany are getting along well.” I gave her a dorky smile.

She playfully punched my arm and gave me her traditional “Hmph!” I laughed at her childish antic.

The three of us played around and chatted until the bell rang for our first class. The nurse came back and told Tiffany and Jessica to leave for class. I motioned Tiffany to leave and that I’d text her. She smiled back and looked hesitant to leave. She decided to leave and I suddenly felt sad. I shouldn’t though cuz I don’t want her to miss her studies.

Jessica, on the other hand, wouldn’t leave. She was threatening the nurse trying to snake her way out of skipping class. The nurse looked nervous and finally gave in to Jessica’s deal. I saw Jessica smile in triumph which made me laugh a little.

She walked over to me and sat down on the chair next to me. She started playing with my hair, twirling it and yeah. She always did this to me to relieve herself.

“Yah…you know you didn’t have to stay haha.” I chuckled.

“So? You’re the only family I have left, and you got caught in this predicament? I was worried sick you know! How did you get caught in this accident anyway?” She said while playing with my hair.

“Let’s just say that I saved someone from a car accident.” I chuckled and she stopped playing with my hair and looked at me with concern.

“Who…? Tiffany?” She said while staring at me.

“Yeah…you know she kinda reminds me of you.” I smiled at her.

“Oh yeah…?” She sounded sleepy. I chuckled.

“Yeah…why don’t you go to sleep?” I told her and she nodded her head. I scooted over and she lay down beside me. Good thing this bed happened to be huge.

She yawned and snuggled closer to me. I put my left arm around her head and started her hair. She instantly fell asleep; I could feel her breathing against my neck. I smiled and kissed her forehead. “Good night Sica.” I said the last words and drifted off to sleep.

 


 

A/N: Please don't kill me! I got all of your hopes high and I ruined it. :P My bad. Sorry for the misunderstanding~ I was going to name this chapter "Dreams" but then that would be way too obvious...Haha! So I changed it. ANYWAYS. I hope you enjoyed this update! 

3,997 WORDS! Longest chapter so far~ So many CLIFFHANGERS! >:D Don't you love it! :) Well I don't! HAHA. I would have updated sooner but it was snowing and the power went out for 3 days!! I was so pissed! >:O  

My laptop was dead for 3 days so I went to the PX and charged my lappytop and started writing my story~ I felt dead without power! Oh my gah! STRESS! I didn't even do my homework...but I finished it and I finished this chapter! Happy? :D

I think there are some silent readers out there...Make an account and tell me what you think please! Haha! xD

I'm thinking of posting my story on Soshified? I think I will! I haven't been posting in a while...

Anyways! Tell me what you guys think? Please! It would make me feel happy and I love the support! Please subscribe, comment, like, or any of the three. You can add me as a friend too! :) Spread the word of WTF LOL. WTF= What is This Feeling? Spread the love to TaeNy fans and shippers and Locksmiths! :) <3

Questions, comments, concerns? XD

Please no hating or mean comments. I don't like that. :(