Chapter 3 Revealed!

What is This Feeling?

 

A/N: I know it's been a week since I updated. Sorry I got a little busy. :P Anyways, I'll keep it short, the rest of my A/N is on the bottom! Haha! ENJOY~

 

Tiffany’s POV

 

I walked out of the university feeling the anxiety. I came out a little later than expected because Ms. Park had to discuss a matter with me. I told Taeyeon and Jessica to go ahead and get the place ready while I was stuck here. They left after school ended and I left an hour after. Sunny and the others had already left a while ago because they had to start on their project as well.

I felt the crumpled piece of paper in my left hand side of my pocket and took it out and reread their address. I was walking alongside the walls of Soshi University, holding the paper in my hands, still trying to process the directions in my head.

It turned out that their place was closer than expected. I noticed a huge building in front of me and I assumed that they lived here. I went inside and looked for their apartment number. I found their room number and stood in front of the door and knocked.

As I was waiting, my heart was beating faster. Each second seemed to be passing by even slower. I was feeling really anxious. It’s only been a week and I’m already going over to their place…I could maybe figure out what their relationship might be. But they’re living together, so it could be read in many ways…So many questions are left unanswered. Finally, for what seemed like eternity I heard someone coming towards the door.

I gasped out of surprise to see that Taeyeon was the one who opened the door. I stared up at him, as he did the same. We stood there looking at each other until he broke this awkward silence.

“Oh! Hey Tiffany…sorry. Come in!” He smiled and gestured me to enter his apartment.

I broke out of my trance and shyly nodded, attempting to hide my red face. I walked past him to the living room and to my surprise, their place seemed quite modern. It was simple but elegant.

“Nice place.” I managed to say.

“Thanks. It’s only been a few weeks since we settled in but we still need to get a little bit more comfortable.” He chuckled. I looked behind me to see Taeyeon walking towards me and I smiled back as my response. I noticed that it was quiet around the house, only hearing both Taeyeon’s and my voice.

“Um…don’t mind me asking, but where’s Jessica?” I asked as I observed their living room.

“Oh yeah. Jessica is just taking a nap. She loves to sleep.” He laughed a little.

“Oh okay…” I said.

 

Wait. So it’s just the both of us alone right now?!?!?! WAIT. WHAT. HUH?! OH MY GAH! HOLY CRAP. Just. The. Two. Of. Us. Alone. Right. Now?! What’s with this situation?! This isn’t happening is it?! NO NO NO NO NO!! IMPOSSIBLE! JUST IMPOSSIBLE!! Oh noooooo!! What am I going to do?! This is so awkward!! Nooo!

 

I was mentally hitting myself not realizing that Taeyeon was still right beside me. I couldn’t process what was going on right now. I was feeling dizzy from all this anxiety. No! I can’t act all weird in front of him, he’ll think I’m weird or something! Get yourself together Tiffany!

“TIFFANY!”

I snapped out of my thoughts and looked up at him. I stared deeply into his eyes until I realized I was staring again so I quickly looked away. I was speechless. I really didn’t know what was going on with me!

“Hey, you okay? You look frustrated.” He said with concern in his voice.

“Oh…sorry. Yeah, I’m fine!” I said in broken sentences. How foolish am I? Pabo!

“It doesn’t look like it…Here, let me get you a glass of water.” He patted my back and smiled at me and left the room.

I stood there, trying to compose myself and relax. I breathed in deeply and let out a little sigh. Feeling a little more relaxed, I smiled to myself knowing I can handle this. I even did a self pump in the air to show my victory of recomposing myself. What caught me off guard from my self-praising was when I heard a chuckle behind me. I quickly turned around to the source of this voice and saw Taeyeon standing at the kitchen doorway, looking at me and smiling.

“Haha…that was cute, Tiffany.” He smiled one of his dorky smiles and handed me the glass of water.

Realizing what he said, I felt my face become extremely hot and I quickly gulped down the water to hide my blushing face.
I rarely get compliments except from my friends. Since I barely stand out, I rarely get any attention. Hearing this come out of Taeyeon’s mouth really made me feel overjoyed inside. Of course hearing such a compliment would make me really embarrassed!

I heard him laugh again at my actions. He came closer to me and grabbed the glass out of my hands, one was holding the glass and the other was holding my hand. This sudden contact made me even more flustered.

“Yah, slow down when drinking! Hahaha, you’re gonna choke!” He chuckled and grabbed the glass from my hands. I looked down a bit ashamed of myself because I seemed to be acting really awkward with him.

“Hey, don’t feel so awkward around me! We’re friends aren’t we?” He laughed.

Did he just read my mind? Am I that obvious? Does he know what was going through my head? Can he read my face that clearly?! I was getting really paranoid at my thoughts. I have to stop thinking for a bit—it’s giving me a headache.

“…Yeah, sorry. It’s just…I haven’t been alone with a guy. It’s awkward because I don’t know what I have to do during these kinds of situations…Wait, did that sound weird? I bet it did. Sorry! I’m just a very shy person…” I hid my face from embarrassment, I should’ve stopped talking. Now he’s going to think I’m even weirder!

“What are you talking about? You didn’t seem shy the first day we met! Remember! You said hi to me first. And you’re not awkward at all; you are very comfortable to be with.” He chuckled which made me feel a little bit more comfortable. I felt a load lift up from my shoulders, knowing that he is comfortable with me. I flashed him my eye smile which caused him to look at me for a bit until he smiled back.

“Well, shall we get started on this project?” I said.

“Yeah we should but Sica isn’t awake yet haha” He said.

“Oh yeah…” I totally forgot that Jessica isn’t present yet. I must’ve been too preoccupied with my mind. Wait a second…this is a great chance for me to ask about their relationship right?! Should I ask him or not? What should I say? Are you and Jessica dating? No, that’s too straightforward. What’s your relationship with Jessica? Is that too broad? Oh crap! I shouldn’t waste any time! I’ll just ask him!

“Um…Taeyeon. I have a question.” I said quietly which caused him to look directly into my eyes. Great…it makes it harder to ask now! No! I have to know!

“What’s up?” He said while keeping his attention to me.

I gulped and let out a sigh. “AreyouandJessicadating?” I quickly said without taking a breath.

“HUH? Sorry, I didn’t understand what you are saying.” He replied with chuckle.

I took a deep breath and composed myself. “Sorry…I said…are you and Jessica dating?” After I said that there was no turning back. At the same time, I was really anxious to know but I didn’t want to know. I was waiting for his reply expecting that he was going to say “Yes” which would sadden me a bit. But I shouldn’t be feeling down, I should be happy for them right? They do look really good together too…They’re like the ultimate couple…

“…Jessica and I? No, we’re not dating. Hahaha. Why’d you ask?” He calmly said and kept his eyes on me.

MIND-BLOWN. I was totally speechless. They’re not dating?! I thought they were!! I was expecting a “Yes” but they’re not!?!? They seriously looked like they were dating! They’re so close! Even everybody at our school thinks they’re dating! Hold up! Then what are they? Oh crap! I must look like an idiot. I gotta answer quickly.

“…Oh…I thought you guys were; the whole school did! …It looked like it, really…since you guys are so close with each other.” I said, still feeling shocked of what happened.

“Oh, is that so? Well we do act really close for cousins. I mean, Jessica does get overprotective of me, maybe that’s why we are misinterpreted as a couple. Funny, right?” He laughed out loud [which sounded like an ajushhi]. I tried to absorb every word he said.

COUSINS?! OH…No wonder they’re so close! I feel like such an idiot! I really shouldn’t jump into conclusions like that! Man, curse my observations! GAH…

I let out a nervous laugh which caused him to laugh even louder.

“No need to be so awkward Tiffany! Just relax! Hahahaha!” His laugh spread on to me and caused me to laugh along with him. I feel so comfortable with his presence around. I really enjoy it.

“Sorry, sorry! Your laugh is so funny! It makes me feel much more comfortable with you!” I said in between my laughs. I’ve never felt so comfortable with a guy before, even Yuri and Sooyoung!

“Yah! You sound like Sica! She told me my laugh sounds like an ajusshi! Is that true?” He said while laughing too.

“Kinda! But it’s so funny!” I finally slowed down my laughter as he did too.

 “…Haha, hey I just realized you don’t have my number, do you?” Taeyeon said as he was taking out his cell phone.

“Here…gimme your phone.” I took out my phone and handed it to him.

“Hmm, I figured your phone would be pink.” He chuckled and punched in some numbers on the phones. I looked at him confusingly.

“How’d you know my favorite color was pink?” I questioned him, surprised he knows a few aspects about me.

“I don’t know. Haha. You look like the type I guess?” I smiled to myself knowing that he knew a few things about me.

“Here you go.” He smiled and handed me back my phone. I looked at the screen and it showed his number and his name: Taengoo.

I laughed at the little nickname he put on my phone and smiled at him in response. “Taengoo? That’s a nice nickname, haha! What did you put as me in your phone?” I leaned over to look at his cell’s screen. It said, Fany.

“You like it? It seems easier to call you that haha. Can I?” He said and looked at me with a grin on his face. It was a common nickname for me though, everyone calls me that.

“Sure, but everyone calls me that~” I informed him.

“Oh really? I want to give you an original nickname that only I can call you!” He said with a shine in his eyes. He looked expectantly at me hoping that I would give him some ideas. His pouty face was adorable though~

“Well…you can call me my Korean name, Miyoung but I’m not too fond with it. It sounds too old for my taste haha…”

“Miyoung? That’s your Korean name?” He looked at me and I nodded my head. I don’t usually like telling people my real name but I felt as though he needed to know? It was just a feeling I had in my gut so I wasn’t too sure. I was expecting him to laugh at my name since it sounded too old for me but instead he gave me a warm smile and looked directly into my eyes.

“It’s a beautiful name…Miyoung.” He said while smiling.

I blushed at what he said but I managed to smile at him as my thank you.

“I don’t like usually being called Miyoung at school though…so you can call me Fany or Tiffany? When it’s just the two of us, you can call me Miyoung.” I said without thinking. I gasped and looked at him. I hope that didn’t sound too needy or mean.

“Of course! I understand if you don’t want me to call you that with other people. I’ll call you Miyoung when on special occasions. Hehe.” He chuckled.

“Aw thanks! I really appreciate it~” I smiled.

“Yeah, no problem hehe.” He scratched the back of his head and smiled like a dork.

 “Oh yeah! May I call you Taengoo or Tae? It sounds cute~” I said while showing him my eye smile.

“Haha, no need to be so formal but yeah you can.” He laughed at my formalities.

“Sorry Taengoo~ It’s a force of habit.” I stuck my tongue out and . He laughed at my action.

“Miyoung-ah, you’re too cute!” He teased back.

I blushed at his comment. “Yah! I am so not cute!” I retaliated.

Suddenly, he turned to me and gave me a weird look. I looked back at him weirdly as well. I noticed that he was inching closer. I saw his hands extend out to grab my head. I was surprised! I didn’t know what he was doing…Is he going to…? No…I don’t think so!

He grabbed the sides of my face with his hands and pinched my cheeks. I felt shocked of what he was doing. I looked at him weirdly and he was staring at me seriously. This was the first time I actually saw Taeyeon’s eyes look so serious. I was staring at him while he kept pinching my cheeks.

“Hey…don’t say that you’re not cute. That’s degrading yourself. You are like the cutest girl at Soshi University! So don’t you go saying you are not cute, arraseo?” He said and then smiled brightly at me.

It turned awkwardly quiet. I was surprised. I blushed from his sudden statement saying that I’m the cutest girl at the university. He’s the first guy to ever tell me that…But why would he tell me something like that?

I made a duck face to break this silence and he noticed my expression. He laughed and let go of me. I held my cheeks and massaged them pretending to look like in pain. He laughed again which caused me to laugh along with him too.

Why out of all people, Taeyeon is the most comfortable to be around? We just met a week ago yet it feels like we’ve known each other for years. I shouldn’t keep asking myself questions. I want to enjoy what I am experiencing right now.

 

Jessica’s POV

 

As soon as I arrived home, I told Tae that I was going to take a nap. Since we have this group project in Japanese class, I might as well take a break before doing it. Tiffany is in our group which I have no problem with cuz she’s kinda easy to get along with I guess. Tae seems to have taken a liking to her even though we just met a week ago. I guess I could get along with her since Tae is getting closer to her. He told me to loosen up and make some new friends but that’s too much work for me.

Tiffany has some interesting friends; however, I feel as though one of her guy friends have been staring at me quite frequently. I don’t know who it was, but it sends chills down my spine just thinking about it.

I went straight to my room and dropped all my things on the floor and jumped into bed. My number one hobby is sleeping, even during class. But Tae helps me with my studies so I guess you could say I am pretty smart right?

It was 2 p.m. when I fell asleep and Tiffany told us to go ahead of her and get our place ready for our project. Perfect opportunity to take a nap. I hadn’t realized that I’ve been sleeping for a few hours…However I was disturbed from my slumber. I heard some laughter out in the living room which caused me to wake up. I glanced at the clock to see that I’ve been sleeping for 3 hours. Only 3 hours? I wanted to sleep longer…But Tae would get mad at me for skipping our group project.

I reluctantly got out of bed and dragged myself out of my room only to see Tae and Tiffany laughing together. They seemed close. Did I miss something? They didn’t realize that I was standing in front of them though. So I gave them both a glare and they abruptly stopped laughing. Works every time.

I smirked and said, “Sorry Tae, I didn’t realize that Tiffany was here and that I was sleeping the whole time…”

“Ah, it’s okay Sica! We had a little bonding time hehe.” He smiled at me and I smiled back at him.

I looked over to Tiffany and she smiled back at me. I gave her a small smile which made her look relieved. I laughed a little cuz I knew she found me intimidating. Who wouldn’t?

“Sorry Tiffany for not welcoming you in our place.” I said.

“It’s okay, Jessica I understand that you need your sleep. Tae told me that your number one hobby is to sleep!” She laughed which caused me to glare at Tae.

“Hey I was just telling her some of your specialties! She should at least get to know you a little bit right? Hehe.” He shrugged and rubbed the back of his neck.

I sighed and let out a small smile assuring him that it was fine.

“Anyways, let’s get started on this project even though I don’t feel like doing it…” I sighed.

 

After discussing our project for a couple of hours, we were already halfway finished. I noticed that it was pretty dark outside and informed them that it was getting late. It was 10 p.m. and Tiffany had to head home. I bluntly said, “You shouldn’t go by yourself if it’s this late.”

“Yeah, she’s right. Here, I’ll walk you home.” Tae added as he stood up as did Tiffany.

“I’ll join you guys. I can’t leave Tae walking home all by himself.” I said and they both laughed a little.

“You sure? Thanks guys, I was a little afraid to walk by myself anyway.” She stuck her tongue out and giggled.

Tae smiled at her and I simply nodded. “Let’s go! Don’t want it to be too late.” Tae informed. “I need to get more sleep anyways.” I said which caused them to laugh at my response. Oh what great humor I have. Yeah, right.

 

We walked her to her place and dropped her off. She only lived a few blocks from our apartment anyway. “Let’s meet up this upcoming weekend to finish our project okay?” She said. We both agreed and bid her goodbye.

“See you! It was nice to get to know you more! Text me okay?” Tae said and I realized that they both have each other’s numbers already. I should give her my number too just in case.

“Wait Tae, hold up! I need to give her my number.” I said before we left.

“Oh yeah, okay. Hurry up.”

Before Tiffany entered her house, I called out to her. “Tiffany!” She turned and had a confused expression on her face. “Yes?”

“I forgot to give you my number so that just in case that idiot over there forgets his phone or something.” I told Tiffany and took out my phone.

“Hey I heard that Sica!” Tae yelled behind me. I giggled to myself.

“Okay!” She said and we both exchanged our numbers and I said goodbye to her.

“See you tomorrow Jessica!” Tiffany said to me and I gave her a small smile. Not sure she saw it but that doesn’t matter.

I walked over to Tae who was waiting for me and becoming impatient with my pace. “Yah! Will you walk a little faster? It’s cold and it’s really late.” I didn’t increase my speed nor did I care.

“You know I hate walking fast right?” I said as I finally caught up to him.

“Yeah, yeah I know.” He sighed. I hooked my arms around his and got closer to him to get warmer. We always act close and never really cared what others think.

“Well today was fun, don’t you think?” He asked me.

“Yeah I guess.” I simply replied.

“Hey…you had fun. I know you did. Haha.” He chuckled and I playfully nudged him.

“Whatever.” I replied shortly. He knows how I am. We’ve been together for over ten years so we know everything about each other. We act so close that people mistaken us for boyfriend and girlfriend. Haha. It’s quite funny when they do. I knew Tiffany thought that Tae and I was a couple but Tae already cleared the misunderstanding. I could care less though.

“Hey I have a question.” I said while I was deep in my thoughts.

“What is it?” He leaned over to me and looked at me.

I kept my gaze looking forward without giving him a look. I’m usually straightforward with my questions yet why am I hesitant to ask…Whatever. None of my concern. I have this feeling that Tae is interested in Tiffany…This was based off my observations so I’m pretty sure he has a thing for her. I’m just going to straight out say it.

“Do you like Tiffany?” 



 

 

A/N: I finally revealed what TaengSic's relationship is! I stuck with them being cousins cuz bro and sis is too common and not many people wanted them to be childhood friends which means no love triangle...Or will there be one? I will spice it up more and surprise you guys later! :D So this was all TaeNy moments with a little bit of Taengsic! Like how it ended? >:D 

3,619 WORDS TOTAL FOR THIS CHAPTER! That's the longest chapter so far!!! :DDDD

Thanks for all the support! Leave a comment, like, subscibe or one of the following. Just do it, not that hard! It will keep me motivated to write this!