five

My Best Friend’s Sweet 16
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


“Someone please tell me that didn’t just happen.”

“Oh, it happened, sweetheart and you are not backing out.” Hoseok said. “Yoongi’s been working on that song for months and he’s just about ready to give up.”

I didn’t know he wrote music… Ana thought to herself.

“But I’m not even that good. I just made it up as I went. Shouldn’t he get a professional?”

“What you did basically is professional if you can just pop up that beat out of nowhere!” Jimin shouted.

“If this is you buttering me up because you bailed on me yesterday--”

“I’m being genuinely honest, Ana.” Jimin replied.

“I thought it was amazing too…” Jungkook replied softly.

Ana didn’t pay attention to him.

Why couldn’t he just let her stay invisible? This is all his fault.

Hoseok noticed the new discomfort and clapped his hands.

“Okay! The dance concert is today and we have no more time to waste. Let’s take advantage of it!”

 

 

Ana felt so much better about performing (she actually completely forgot that Agust was coming) and was relieved.

The song she chose was probably going to be the highlight of the show (not her words) and she was so excited to show everyone what she can do.

It took her two years to finally make it into the dance team and she’s not letting anyone down, or letting anyone think that she can’t dance.

She worked hard to lose enough weight to make it and she’s not letting all her hard work go to waste.

The first year that Ana auditioned for the dance company, she was an eighth grader. She knew she liked dancing, but wasn’t actually thinking about doing it as a sport in school, she just decided to audition that year for fun. A couple months after being in dance class, she grew to love her talent and decided to audition.

She didn’t make it. And when that happened she was sad about it, but not for very long. It hurt her because she knew she put her all into every dance move, but she didn’t let that completely define her.

The second year that she auditioned she was a freshman, she had already taken the dance class in school, but she decided to try and audition again because she felt that she had more experience than the first time.

She still didn’t make it. And this time she was devastated.

Because not only did she improve her dancing skills that year, she knew it wasn’t because she was a bad dancer. It was because of her weight.

Ana was way bigger than now when she was a freshman in high school.

Sophomore year was the year that Ana knew she had to do something to make it into the dance team. The second time she failed the audition was when she knew she had to make it.

And here she is now.

All her hard work paid off.

And now she gets to show everyone in the school that she’s talented.

So she’s happy.

And she’s showing it.

 

 

“There’s a problem!” Jungkook shouted.

Ana turned to him while putting on her shirt for the dance. He saw her bra, but paid no attention to it. Jungkook was already used to changing in front of her and vice versa.

“What is it?” She asked. She was still a little mad at him for the whole Yoongi thing, but it died down a little.

“Taehyung lost the song!” Jungkook shouted.

Ana felt a shiver run up her spine.

No, everything was ing perfect five minutes ago.

“Jungkook, you better not be ing lying to me.” She hissed.

“Ana, he was doing a quick sound check in the theater, and then he doesn’t know what he did, but he pressed something and the song isn’t there anymore.” He said.

I am going to kill him.

“Everytime something good happens in my life, someone always has to ruin it!” She yelled.

“I don’t even know how it happened! I was watching him the whole time and then all of a sudden, it was gone!”

“First you… Now Taehyung… What did I ever do to you guys?!”

“Oh my god, are you still mad about that?!” Jungkook yelled back.

“Yes! Jungkook, I don’t ing need you to be my… my wingman or whatever! I never asked you to do anything for me with the whole me-liking-Yoongi thing, so why did you interfere?!”

“I wanted to be a good friend!” He shouted back. “God, Ana, I just wanted to see you happy! I know how much you like him and I know he could like you back--”

“Could!” She interrupted. “Could like me back. It doesn’t mean he will.” She replied coldly.

And Jungkook noticed the sadness in her voice.

“Ana, please believe me when I say I just wanted to help you out and see you happy.” He told her. “I never wanted to hurt you or get you upset.”

“Well… How’d that turn out for you?” She crossed her arms and raised her eyebrow. “Because it didn’t go very well for me.”

Jungkook scoffed. “Ana, you got his number. You guys are gonna hang out soon. You’re going to be next to him, sitting down, probably bump your arms together or--”

“Jungkook, stop.” She told him. “You’re not going to make things better.”

“What do I have to do to get you to forgive me? Please, Ana. I don’t want to lose you as a friend.”

“Nothing.” She scoffed. “Nothing, Jungkook. There’s nothing you can do.” She picked up her duffel bag. “Move, I have to go see Taehyung.”

 

 

Ana was able to give Taehyung the song again. The song that he lost was Formation and Ana was so glad that she hadn’t deleted that song from her phone. It was a remix that wasn’t organized correctly in her phone and she was going to delete it so that she could fix it.

But luckily she forgot.

She was getting excited though and her dad was going to be there to watch her perform for the first time. Jocelyn was going to be there too.

She’s been to Jocelyn’s performances before because she’s in the school’s choir. So, Ana’s so excited to perform in front of her best friend and her favorite dad in the world.

The day Ana went home and told her dad that she made the dance team, he was so happy. He knew how much it meant to her and he went out and bought her dance shoes even though she never asked. She accepted them though.

The day that Ana told him that she was going to perform for the first time he went out and bought a new video camera to capture the “

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter