thirteen

My Best Friend’s Sweet 16
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


It wasn’t that big at first.

In fact, she didn’t think about it much until it became more frequent.

The dance team was practicing for their upcoming competition that’s taking place in Disneyland. Ana was beyond excited, she’s never been to Disneyland and Jungkook promised her that they were going to spend the whole day together. Going on rides and buying cotton candy and other useless things. Ana didn’t mind, but when she asked him about the money he shrugged her off and said that he had it. He wasn’t going to let her spend a penny.

Ana tried arguing, but Jungkook is the most stubborn person she’s met and he wasn’t backing down from this. So she sighed and just let him do whatever he wants. If he complains about being broke in the future, it’s not her fault.

Ana was doing all the dance moves perfectly. Their competition is in four days and they’ve been practicing for three weeks already. She was more than ready for this.

The signs weren’t there in the beginning, they were subtle and Ana doesn’t notice subtle things (unless they come from her boyfriend). She didn’t notice the glares that were sent her way when she was dancing because she was focusing on herself.

When Mrs. Duffy paused the song, she looked up and saw it. The glare. For the first time she noticed it. She brushed it off at first.

But then she noticed it for the second time after her teacher stopped the music again.

She furrowed her eyebrows and turned around to face the person, but she was smiling and laughing with Jackson. She brushed it off again.

But then it happened a third and fourth time and she was suddenly feeling really embarrassed because why would someone glare at her? What did she do? She doesn’t even talk to the person that was glaring at her. Who is she? Ana thought.

But when she was about to walk to Jungkook’s side during their ten-minute break, that’s when it happened.

She tripped.

She caught herself on the floor before her face could hit it. She landed on her two palms and her knees helped her break the fall by a bit.

Jungkook ran to her side and helped her up. “Are you okay?” He asked her and she nodded.

“I’m fine…” She said while massaging her hands because that was not a light fall.

“How’d you fall? There shouldn’t be anything to make you do that.” He furrowed his eyebrows and looked around the floor.

Ana looked up and saw her.

Hwasa.

She had a serious face and her eyes said everything, but nothing at the same time. What’s her problem?

Ana just chuckled. “I trip on air, remember?”

Jungkook rolled his eyes. “You need to be more careful.”

Ana smiled teasingly. “I’m a klutz.” She said.

But deep down, she took his words seriously.

 

 

The next day, Ana was in the practice room grabbing her Tumblr, she forgot it here a few periods ago and water is important so she needed to get it.

She was walking to the changing room and when she was about to open her locker, she noticed water dripping out of it. She furrowed her eyebrows and then realized that her Tumblr bottle must’ve spilled all over her dance clothes.

Wait, but how? The bottle is perfectly sealed and it doesn’t spill any water. So how could it spill? When she left, it was in perfect condition and sitting upright and there’s no way that it would’ve spilled on her clothes unless someone opened it and drenched her clothes.

She opened her locker and found her Tumblr bottle closed and left the way it was, but her clothes had a lot of water dripping and it was creating a puddle on the floor. She scrunched her nose because who would do this?

She sighed and put the wet clothes into her duffel bag.

She took out her phone and texted Jungkook.

 

 

To JungHoe:

do you happen to have any extra dance clothes?

 

 

From JungHoe:

sweats?

and a white t-shirt

 

 

To JungHoe:

yeah, that’s fine

and of course you would have a white t-shirt

 

 

From JungHoe:

they’re really big tho

you

but why do you need my clothes?

 

 

To JungHoe:

i’ll tell you in a bit

 

 

From JungHoe:

i’ll ditch i hate calculus

meet me at the back of the gym

 

 

To JungHoe:

okay






 

And a few minutes later, Ana and Jungkook were at the back of the gym. Jungkook handed her his extra clothes (he’s always prepared because situations like this happen a lot) and she took them, gratefully.

“So, what happened?” He asked as he zipped his backpack.

“I think someone managed to spill water all over my clothes, but I don’t know how.”

Jungkook furrowed his eyebrows. “Were they on the floor?”

Ana shook her head. “In my locker.”

“Then, how--”

“They were inside my locker the entire time, and when I opened it, they were soaking wet.”

“That doesn’t make sense. The only people who know your locker combination is me, Hoseok, and Jimin.”

“I’m still mad at you guys for putting a .”

“Okay, that was funny.”

Ana shook her head at Jungkook’s stupidity. “No… no it wasn’t.”

Jungkook merely shrugged and then became serious. “Any idea who it could be?”

Ana bit her lip.

Of course she has an idea of who it could be. The person that was giving her rude and mean glares just a few days ago. And she still doesn’t know what she did. She tried thinking of the possibilities and she doesn’t think that any of them make sense.

Was she hogging the stage from her maybe?

Did Ana push her?

Ana has never spoken to her before, but yet she’s receiving these glares? And not to mention that she tripped her too.

“Um, no. I don’t think so.” She muttered.

Jungkook furrowed his eyebrows and was about to protest because there was obvious hesitation there.

But Ana just said: “Hey, look the bell rang let’s go to lunch.”

And he let her grab his hand and drag him to the cafeteria.

 

 

Ana was walking with Agust across the halls. Even though he’s a year older than Ana and has different classes than she does, they have some of their classes in the same buildings. Agust always walks her to her classes and has to have a goodbye kiss before he leaves her.

The first time Agust walked Ana to her second period, which is U.S. History, he asked for a kiss goodbye and she refused.

That only ended with her pinned to the wall, with Agust’s lips on hers.

Ana was not happy when she walked into class, but like Agust cared (he didn’t).

So, as they were walking to their lockers together, with their hands gripped by each other’s Ana stopped.

Agust didn’t notice until he was pulled back by a still Ana.

“Annie?” He asked out loud, and when he still didn’t have her attention, he waved his hand in front of her face. It worked and she was brought out of her trance.

Agust furrowed his eyebrows, she looked really upset. “Hey, what’s wrong?”

“Um--Nothing--Hey, let’s go the other way, yeah? Okay.” Ana gripped tighter onto his hand and tried to get him to walk the opposite side of the hallway, but he stayed put.

“But you’re locker’s right there--” He turned around and saw the reason Ana wanted to walk the other way.

Her locker.

Agust didn’t even want to know what it was that was all over it. Was it ketchup? And barbeque sauce? Who did this and why?

“Wait, babe--Ana.” He hissed when she wouldn’t stop trying to get out of his grip.

He wasn’t letting go. No, this was not okay, whoever just tried to mess with Ana wasn’t getting away with it.

Ana stopped trying to get out of his hold and bit her lip and stood right next to him quietly. She didn’t want him to know about this.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter