four

My Best Friend’s Sweet 16
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


Yoongi made it to the meeting just in time.

He took his seat and greeted the friends he had there. Once everyone was gathered, the head teacher of ASB finally spoke up.

“Okay! How’s everyone? Good. That’s great!” She spoke loudly and smiled. “Okay, since we’re having Kings Ball soon, any theme ideas for the dance?”

Kings Ball is where the girls ask the guys to the dance instead of the other way around.

Yoongi wasn’t a big fan of dances, he preferred parties where he could chill in a corner without being bothered by anyone (except when Hoseok is there, if he’s there he’s absolutely screwed) and can just go on Twitter.

“Ideas? Anyone?”

Jungkook raised up his hand.

“Ah, yes. Justin?”

“What about like… a King of the Jungle sort of thing?”

“Hmm, never heard of that before. Sounds interesting. I’ll definitely keep that one in mind. Any other ideas?” She asked while writing down something in her notebook.

Another kid raised his hand. “How about Disney?”

“Jin, I know you have an unhealthy obsession over Disney princesses, but we can’t do that. Sorry handsome.” The teacher told him.

“But if it’s a backwards dance then the guys can wear the dresses!”

“Okay, no. I refuse to crossdress!” Hoseok shouted.

“Nobody’s crossdressing!” Mrs. Smith shouted. “If you guys can’t put your brains to work then we’re just going with Justin’s idea.”

The only person that groaned was Jin.

“King of the Jungle it is.” She said and circled it in her notebook. “The day Justin leaves the school is the day the school is screwed.”

“Oh, so in about a year.”

“Yes June. We’re screwed.”

“You can always hold him back.” He said.

“Um, no. Let’s not do that.” Jungkook said. “Namjoon, shut the up.” He said in Korean.

Namjoon just shrugged.

“Alright, bye kids. That was all for today. Same time next week.” Mrs. Smith shooed them out of the room and shut the door.

 

 

Yoongi groaned and threw the sheets at the wall in front of him. He buried his face in his hands.

“Yoongi, chill.”

Yoongi fell back on his swivel chair. “I can’t! I’ve been working on this song for months and I can’t figure out the melody!”

Yoongi was getting so frustrated by the second. He’s been working on this song for the longest time and he should have the melody by now, but he can’t figure it out.

It’s annoying, really. He’s usually got it down by the third day of working on a song, but this time, it’s taking forever. He doesn’t know why it’s happening. He has the lyrics down already, but it’s just the melody he can’t figure out, and he doesn’t know why it doesn’t match with the lyrics at all.

He’s asked Jungkook, Hoseok, Jimin, even Hoseok’s girlfriend for some kind of help to get to the last step of this song.

But it’s no use.

Jungkook’s melody was great when he tried helping, but he didn’t feel it. He just decided to save his and use it for a different song.

Hoseok tried helping, but he declared that the song was too sad and tried convincing Yoongi to change the lyrics and make it happier. He should’ve expected that from his best friend, but he thought he’d pull through for him at the last second. He was wrong. And no, he didn’t change the lyrics.

When it came to Jimin, his voice was angelic and beautiful, but the melody still didn’t match well with the lyrics.

So yes, Yoongi is absolutely frustrated right now. He never ever gave up on a song before, but he’s really close to doing so.

“Namjoon, this is getting too hard. I can’t conti

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter