twelve

My Best Friend’s Sweet 16
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 


Ana’s freaking out right now.

It’s been a little over a week since she’s been in a relationship with Yoongi (and she’s been the happiest she’s ever been in her life), but she hasn’t told Jocelyn.

No, it’s not her fault. In her defense, Jocelyn has been busy this entire week and hasn’t made a single minute free for Ana to tell her. And Ana would tell her over the phone, but is that something you really want to tell your best friend, who loves you, over the phone? Definitely not Ana. She’s a person who wants to talk in person if it’s very important.

And this is very important.

She can’t just break the news over the phone, that’s like so rude.

So when Jocelyn called her and told her to come over a day before her special day, she did (even though it was already nine at night).

And Ana’s boyfriend was actually hanging out at her house at that time because her dad just had to invite him over for dinner.

Literally, just pizza and coke.

Whatever, they had a good time.

So when Yoongi was about to leave because he had a curfew, Jocelyn texted and boyfriend Yoongi offered girlfriend Ana a ride to her house since it was the same way as his house.

She gladly accepted the offer because she had to get away from her dad as soon as possible because that man torments her everyday about Yoongi.

So, Ana’s sitting in her best friend’s room, on her bed while she tries to fix some of the remixes for the surprise dances tomorrow. Despacito by Luis Fonsi, Lumbra by Cali y El Dandee, and Mi Gente by J. Balvin. Ana loves those songs.

But anyways, how does Ana tell her best friend that she now has a boyfriend and didn’t even tell her?

Ana bites her lip and turns around to face Jo, who’s sitting on her bed writing down something on her notebook. Probably fixing the plan for tomorrow.

She decides it and just decides to wing it.

“Jo, there’s something I need to tell you.” She voices out, breaking the silence in the room.

Jo replies without looking up at her. “What is it?”

So, how does she tell her? How does she form the sentence that she’s dating Min Yoongi? The guy she’s been crushing on for two years.

I’m dating Min Yoongi now. Too direct.

Hey so… I’m in a relationship with Min Yoongi. Sounds fake.

You know that guy I’m like in love with, right? Well… We’re dating now… Nope.

“Ana? What is it?”

Ana sighs. “Um… Okay, you’re not going to believe me, but I have a boyfriend now.”

“You’re right. I don’t.”

“Wait, just listen.” She says seriously and Jo furrows her eyebrows. “First, before you decide to yell at me for not telling you this beforehand, you were super-duper busy this week and couldn’t even squeeze in a minute to talk to me.”

“Oh, I’m so sorry about that. I’ve been so stressed with the party and--”

“It’s okay, just know that I wouldn’t want to keep this from you.” Ana replied and then continued. “On Saturday, I got a membership at the gym. And then--”

“Why though?”

“I wanna get fit, anyway--”

“But you don’t need it, you look fine this way.”

“Jo, thank you, but can I continue?” Jo nodded her head. “I paid for a regular membership, just one where you go to the gym and you’re allowed to use all the equipment and go to the classes, but when I arrived at the gym, this guy named Damien said he was my personal trainer.”

“And you never paid for one, right?”

Ana shook her head. “I didn’t, but I just rolled with it because hey, it was free. I didn’t pay for it so I just took the chance.” Ana said. “So this guy, while I was a couple of minutes into exercising decided to get all touchy with me and I didn’t like it so I left.”

“You were doing squats, weren’t you?”

Ana blushed and nodded her head. “So, then he chased me out the gym and tried to get me to come back in and all that. He even said that he’d give me a ride home, but no way was I doing that.”

Jo raised her eyebrows. “He wanted to give you a ride home?” Ana nodded. “Are they even allowed to do that?”

Ana shrugged. “Anyway, Yoongi showed up out of nowhere and like… helped me out with the whole situation--”

“Aww.”

“--And then he said that he was taking me home like right after that, I told him he didn’t have to, but he did it anyway and…”

“Oh my God! That’s so cute! So Yoongi walked you home?”

Ana nodded her head. “But… that’s not all…”

“You guys hugged!”

“Jo wait, let me finish.” She said and Jo calmed down a little. “That night, when we were walking, he took it as a chance to talk to me.”

“About what?”

Now this is the part that Ana is still trying to figure out how to tell her.

“Okay, well… Yoongi didn’t just walk me home that night… We--”

“--Had . Oh my god, Ana. Just because Hoseok and I--”

“No!” Ana yelled and crossed her arms in front of her best friend for emphasis. “You and Hoseok have nothing to do with this, and we’re saving this specific part of the conversation for later!”

“Oh, ha.” Jocelyn shrugged.

Ana sighed and shook her head in disappointment. “Anyways, we were walking home and then we started talking.”

“Oh my god, about what?”

“He started talking to me about how he felt…” Ana bit her lip, a nervous habit of hers. “About me…”

Jocelyn looked at her with a blank face and blinked twice.

“Wait, there’s more.” Ana said before her best friend opened . “I had my first kiss that same day.”

“Okay, hold on. We’re gonna need to backtrack a bit because you--” Jocelyn pointed at Ana with her manicured finger. “DIDN’T TELL ME UNTIL SIX DAYS LATER THAT THE LOVE OF YOUR LIFE CONFESSED TO YOU AND ALSO KISSED YOU THAT SAME ING DAY!”

“Okay, so that’s what you’re gonna yell at me about?!” Ana shouted back.

“Yes! Because I am your best friend and I’m supposed to be the first person you tell!” She gasped. “I bet you told Jungkook before me.”

Ana rolled her eyes. “Okay, in my defense you were hella busy this entire week and when I called you on Saturday you were out shopping for ‘last minute items’.” Ana crossed her arms. “And you said you’d call me back, but guess who never did.” Ana said.

Jocelyn glared at her.

“So, not my fault you didn’t get to listen to your best friend.”

Jocelyn deflated her shoulders. “But did you tell Jungkook before me?”

Ana shook her head. “I haven’t told him anything.”

Jocelyn nodded her head.

And then she screamed. “I can’t believe you have a boyfriend!!!” She shouted and tackled Ana on her bed. “We have to take couple pictures tomorrow then. Like, we have to.”

“Ugh, no. I don’t wanna.”

“But we have to.” Jocelyn emphasised. “This is probably like the only time that we’re gonna have boyfriends at the same time! We have to document this.”

“I forgot there were gonna be cameramen.” 

“Well, duh. I’m not gonna remember all of this.” Jocelyn said.

Ana rolled her eyes. “Whatever, if we’re taking ‘couple pictures’ tomorrow, I’m dippin’ out.”

Jocelyn glared.

 

 

Ana didn’t know what to say.

She had a gray dress on, a little poofy on the bottom of the dress. It was very detailed and beautiful (and Ana does not like dresses at all). There was silver belt hugging her waist that was part of the dress and a thin material covering the top of her chest, with what looked like flowers to her on the thin material.

All the five other girls had the same dress on (and Ana was a little self-conscious at the moment because they all looked way better than she did in the dress) and everyone was getting their hair done.

Jocelyn had a lavender dress on. Ana almost cried because she’s never seen her best friend look so beautiful before. Hoseok hasn’t seen her yet and she has a feeling he’s going to faint. Jocelyn’s dress was very poofy, but it looked extravagant. The bottom part of the dress was in layers and it looked like waves were on the dress when she walked. The waist-up of her dress was embroidered with diamonds and gave her the shine she needed. Jocelyn’s hair was curled. Part of her hair was up and the other part was down and her face looked like porcelain with makeup (she looks the same without makeup).

Ana looked at herself in the mirror.

Jocelyn’s cousin, Alejandra, did her makeup and her hair and she finally finished after an hour and a half of absolute torment.

Ana had makeup on. The whole cake and she couldn’t feel any of it, which she was very grateful for. She thinks that Jo probably made sure to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter