one

My Best Friend’s Sweet 16
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


“Come on please Ana!”

“No!”

“Please! I need you to be in it!”

“I already said no!” She shouted.

“Ana, please. This is very important to me. I really want you to participate. Please!”

“Jo, I already said no.” Ana shouted at her best friend.

Currently, Jo was asking Ana to be in her Sweet Sixteen since she couldn’t have a Quinceñero. Apparently, everything was too last minute when she wanted her Quinceñero so her Mexican parents decided to give her a Sweet Sixteen instead.

A Quinceñera is where a Latin American girl turns fifteen. It involves a really big party to celebrate her turning into a woman. The party is usually traditional. It also involves a dance or more by the Quinceñera and her dancers. The boys, also known as the men of honor, and the main one which happens to be her boyfriend who’s also on the dance team with Ana, wear tuxedoes. The girls wear fancy dresses that usually match with the color of the dress.

Ana was so glad she’s Korean and didn’t have to go through this. She hates anything fancy.

So, at the moment, Jo wants Ana to be wearing a nice pretty dress and dance along with her. And probably with other people that Jo seems to be friends with since she’s so open. Ana isn’t.

“Look, all I’m asking is for you to dress nice for one ing day and not wear your gym clothes!”

Ana scoffed. “What’s wrong with my gym clothes?” Ana only wears gym tights, sports bras, and tank tops. Where’s the problem?

“You don’t even go to the gym!”

“I actually do, it’s just at home.” Ana leaned on her right leg.

“Ana, please do this for me.”

“I probably won’t even fit into the dress.”

“Okay, for the last time, you’re thick not fat.”

Ana rolled her eyes. “I already said no.”

“Ana, please. This is really special to me. How do you expect me to do this without you by my side?”

Oh no.

No, she pulled that card out on me. her.

“ you. You can’t use that card on me!” Ana shouted.

“Please!”

“Tell me one reason why I should be in it.”

“I can tell you a hundred reasons why. One, you’re my best friend so you’re automatically obligated to. Two, you’re on the dance team and are the best ing dancer there, so in conclusion I need you and my boyfriend to tear up the mothering dance floor. Three, I know you like Agus-”

Ana widened her eyes and covered . “Shut up!” Ana sighed. “Fine, I’ll think about it.”

“You didn’t let me finish.” She said into Ana’s hand. “My boyfriend is going to ask Agust if he could… maybe… possibly be in my party and the dance…” She smiled knowingly at Ana.

Ana almost fainted.

“Jocelyn… You didn’t…”

Jo nodded her head. “I did.” She smirked. “And, if he says yes… he’s going to be your partner.”

“No. Bye. We’re not friends anymore. Go replace me.” Ana picked up her duffel bag and walked away.

“Ana!” Jocelyn ran up to her and grabbed her arm. “Please!”

“No.”

“You’ve liked him since freshman year, why are you being this way? Don’t you want to be with him?”

“What the ? Yo, I said I wanted to be his girlfriend. Not his dance partner.”

“And… Before you can be his girlfriend you need to get to know him right…?”

Ana narrowed her eyes. “I hate you.”

“Bull.” Jo replied. “So…?”

Ana sighed and looked to her left.

She rolled her eyes. “Fine.”

Jo clapped and smiled. “Yay! Thank you!”

“Just so you know, if anything goes wrong I’m blaming you.” Ana replied viciously.

Jocelyn immediately went quiet and nodded.

Ana picked up her duffel bag and slung it over her shoulder. “Alright, I have to go to dance practice. You’re coming to my dance concert this weekend, right?”

“Can I bring Hoseok?” Jo asked. She knew Korean from Ana teaching her. Not to mention, her boyfriend is also Korean.

Ana nodded her head. “He’s already on the dance team Jo.”

“Then... maybe a man who goes by the name of… Agust.”

“No. You can bring Christian though. He’s cute.”

“Whatever. Wait, you mean Jimin right?”

Ana nodded her head. “Mhm.”

“Okay, see ya later. Don’t forget to tear up the dance floor.”

“Have fun at choir.” Ana replied.

They both hugged and went their separate ways.

Jo seriously is going to be the death of me…

 

 

From: JoJo

ask your padres if you can be in my sixteen fam

 

To: JoJo

i did

 

From: JoJo

what’d he say?

 

To: JoJo

he said no

 

From: JoJo

you’re lying

 

To: JoJo

i am

 

From: JoJo

wtf you can’t just do that

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter