fourteen

My Best Friend’s Sweet 16
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

<3


Agust walked to the dance studio. He was going to meet Ana and take her home because Mr. Kim invited him for dinner today. He decided he might as well take the both of them since they’re going the same way and Ana doesn’t have afterschool practice today since they don’t have any upcoming competitions to worry about.

He was walking to the dance room while looking at his phone. He accidentally bumped into someone.

“Oh sorry--” Agust paused. “You’re out this early?” Agust asked Ana and put his phone into his pocket. His mom could wait for his reply later.

“Um… Yeah, Duffy let me go a little early today…” She said, a little quiet. Agust shrugged it off because Ana was probably just having a bad day.

“Oh, okay. Wanna go somewhere in the meantime?”

“Um… I actually--I have this thing to do right now.” She told him. Stuttering and acting really suspicious.

Agust narrowed his eyes. “Okay… I’ll come with you--”

“No!” She shouted. She cleared after she realized what she did. Agust had a very shocked look on his face. Ana never yelled at him. “I mean, no. I can do this by myself. I’ll talk to you later.” She said. Right when she was about to turn around, Agust grabbed her hand and pulled her towards him. He’s not having any attitude.

“I think that you’re going to tell me what’s up with you.” He said, leaving no room for argument, but Ana was not going to tell him anything.

“Agust, let go. I need to go.”

“Where?” He asked, a little annoyed at his girlfriend’s behavior.

Ana pursed her lips angrily. “Agust, let go of my arm.” She spoke a little aggressively. Agust didn’t know the reason why.

“Ana, come on baby. What’s wrong?” Ana drew in a sigh when he called her ‘baby’. He’s been calling her cute pet names a lot more often and she never said she didn’t like it, so Agust continued.

Ana bit her lip and yanked her arm away from his grip. “Just… leave me alone.” She said and walked away before Agust could say anything else and try to get his girlfriend to talk.

Agust was left there, speechless. Ana’s never done anything like that before. If something was wrong with her, she would just stay quiet and not speak as much, but this time, she yelled at him and was a little aggressive towards him.

“Was that your girlfriend?”

Agust turned his head towards the person talking.

Hwasa.

He nodded. “She’s… going through some stuff right now.” He voiced.

She scoffed. “So that gives her the right to treat you that way?” She said, not really asking, but more like pointing out. “You should be with someone better.”

At this, Agust furrowed his eyebrows. “I’m sorry, do I know you from somewhere?”

She smirked and walked up to him. Trying her best to look seductive. “Why don’t you call me and find out?” She winked, bit her lip, and then put her hand on his shoulder, giving it a good squeeze.

Agust didn’t like it.

He took his hand off her shoulder. “I’m taken.” He told her and walked away.

 

 

Agust pulled up on Ana’s driveway and turned off his car. He stepped out and walked to the front porch, then knocked on the door.

Since Ana wasn’t answering any of his messages, he decided to actually speak to her in person, where she couldn’t kick him out. Her dad actually liked him and kept inviting him over all the time.

After a few seconds, the door opened and revealed Mr. Kim.

“Oh, Yoongi. How are you? You missed dinner.” He said in his  native language. Agust and Andrew Kim were getting more comfortable with each other every time Agust came over. He still didn’t speak informally to Ana’s dad, but was a little more at ease and less uncomfortable when he was cracking jokes and giving him advice about a lot of things. Something his real dad never did.

“I’m good and I’m sorry. Ana never confirmed it.” He lied. “But anyways, is she here?” He asked in the same language, keeping the respect towards Ana’s father.

He shook his head. “No, she went out a few minutes ago.” He said. “Would you like to come in? Ana didn’t eat her dinner and just went off.”

Agust furrowed his eyebrows. Ana didn’t eat her dinner? She never liked skipping meals. Maybe what she had to do was important.

“Actually, I can’t stay. Where did Ana go?”

“To the gym. She said something about wanting to “burn calories” so, she just went when she came home from school.”

It’s been four hours. He thought.

“Oh, okay, thank you.”

“You’re going to get her?” He asked.

Agust nodded. “Yeah. I need to talk to her about something important.”

“Oh, like what?”

“School stuff… You know. The usual.”

“Ah, okay. Have a good night Yoongi.”

“Thanks, Mr. Kim.” Agust replied.

 

 

Agust sped to the gym. He couldn’t care less if he got a ticket for speeding at fifty on a speed limit of forty on the road.

There’s no way in hell that he’s going to let Damien touch his girlfriend.

Once he arrived, he opened the doors angrily and walked to the front desk. He slammed his hands on the table and made the girl at the counter flinch. She cleared and put a smile on her face, nonetheless.

“May I help you, sir?” She asked, politely.

“Yes, do you know where Ana Kim is?” He asked, getting by impatient by the second.

“Oh, Ana? She’s in the studio dancing like usual. Are you her boyfriend?”

“What do you mean by “like usual”? And yes, I am.” He replied. Agust remembers telling Ana not to come back to the gym for “Damien purposes”. He’s upset that she didn’t listen.

“She’s been coming here for a little more than a month. She uses the studio to herself when all the night classes are done. And aww, how long have you two been dati--”

Agust interrupted her. “Where’s the studio?”

The girl, Janet, paused, but then pointed in the direction of the studio.

“Thanks.” He muttered. He walked in the direction that the studio was and opened the doors.

There Ana was. Her Beatz headphones on, probably with the music really loud, and her focus away from the mirror. Her focus was on the floor.

He narrowed his eyes. Why does she look thinner? He thought to himself. He remembered when Mr. Kim told him that she didn’t eat dinner. Has she been losing weight? Why didn’t she tell him? They’re in a relationship for a reason.

He walked up to her and then tapped her shoulder. Ana froze completely, out of pure horror, but then relaxed when she saw her boyfriend.

He noticed her growing tense again.

Ana paused her music and took off her headphones. “What’re you doing here?”

“I could ask you the same thing.”

Ana stayed quiet for a few seconds, but then sighed. “Why do people come to the gym, Agust?”

He furrowed his eyebrows. “Why don’t you just tell me what you’re doing here? The place where Damien could be?”

“Relax. I don’t talk to him or anything.”

“That doesn’t mean he won’t stop.”

“Okay, look. I don’t need your permission to be here. I can be here if I want to.” She bit back. She wants him to leave. Him being here makes her feel more insecure. She’s going to try and make him leave.

Yoongi deserves so much better than her.

“Are you serious?” He asked, completely shocked that she’s acting this way. “The least you could’ve done was tell me.” He replied, angrily.

“Why? Why do I need to tell you where I’m going?”

“Because I’m your boyfriend, Ana!”

“Then maybe you shouldn’t be anymore!” Ana shouted. Not thinking rationally at all. Right after she yelled that she widened her eyes. Did she really just say that?

Yes, she did. But she definitely didn’t mean it. At all. She loves him and she won’t ever want to end anything like this--she wouldn’t want to end anything at all. Why did sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter