ten

My Best Friend’s Sweet 16
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


Agust doesn’t know what he did.

But it’s been two weeks since Ana has last spoken to him. And not only is she not speaking to him, but she asked Jo to switch partners, so now she dances with Taehyung.

He couldn’t even approach her. She knew when he was coming, she knew when he was going to try and speak to her. She either moved out of his way as quick as possible or ran to the bathroom.

And when he says she ran to the bathroom, she ran to the bathroom. And it wasn’t the bathroom downstairs in Jo’s house, it was the one upstairs, right next to Jo’s room.

Agust has spent the past two weeks trying to figure out what he did wrong to make Ana avoid him and not speak to him.

He knows that he wasn’t supposed to hear the conversation that Ana and Jungkook were having in the dance studio, but that day, he wanted to know what was wrong. The day after their “date”, if he could even call it that, she was so sad. And she was becoming a really close friend to him and he didn’t want to lose her.

So when everyone, except Ana, were having lunch, Hoseok spoke to Jungkook as quietly as possible, but Agust heard enough. So when Jungkook got up, Agust did too and followed him to the dance studio without him knowing.

So when Agust overheard their conversation, he only became even more confused.

Because the thought of Ana, talented and amazing Ana, liking him was absolutely impossible. What did she see in him? What about Min Yoongi is likable? Where is he attractive? Why does she even like him?

The thought was completely bewildering to him. He looked at Jungkook for some kind of answer, but he just shook his head and ran after Ana.

What the hell was going on? Agust thought to himself that day. He didn’t know what to do.

And he’s still confused because if you like someone, shouldn’t you continue speaking to them? Or is that just some kind of myth?

Okay, but he still doesn’t know what he did wrong and why Ana’s ignoring him.

For two weeks, he’s been laying on his bed just trying to figure out what Ana’s problem could be. Was the food bad? Did she not want to go to the park? Did his breath smell bad? What is it?

Agust is beating himself up because this has never happened before in all of his eighteen years of living on planet earth and figuring out the mind of a woman is like calculus. You don’t understand anything and once you do, it just gets more complicated.

You know what, next time he sees Ana he’s going to corner her and she’s not going to leave until she tells him what he did wrong.

Yup, he’s gonna do that.

 

 

And sure enough, he did.

Ana was walking through the open hallway of the school, probably going to her locker and minding her own business with her earphones in, and Agust just grabbed her wrist and dragged her to the Student-Teacher lounge.

And when she was trying to release her wrist from the strong grip of his hand, he turned to her and told her to stop. Sternly.

He’s going to make her speak.

He opened the door and when he saw a few of his friends, he asked them to leave politely. And they did.

So he pulled Ana inside and closed the door.

When he turned around, Ana was looking at everything, but him. She still had her earphones on and now it was up to full volume because Agust was able to hear the music.

He walked up to her and then she walked back. The cycle kept going until Ana was pressed up against a wall with Agust right in front of her face and she still wasn’t looking at him.

He’s really tired of this. He never expected for their friendship to take such an unexpected turn. Agust didn’t know that Ana would be such a complicated person.

He’s dealt with people like her before and nothing ended well, but this time he was going to do his best to make it right because he really doesn’t want to lose Ana as a friend.

He took the earphones out of her ear and paused the music with the button on the object.

“Okay.” Agust started. “Ana, if you could please look at me that would be great.”

She didn’t look at him.

“Ana, please. I wanna know what’s wrong.”

She still didn’t look at him.

Yoongi sighed. “Ana, please tell me what I did wrong.”

She still didn’t say anything.

“What did I do?” He tried again. “What did I do to make you avoid me for two weeks?”

“I have a class to get to.” She replied, emotionlessly.

Something like a pang hit his chest. It hurt him to see Ana this way, unhappy and unwilling to let anybody in. She’s pushing her friends away too, he’s noticed. So not only is she upset at him, but she’s upset with her friends too?

Did they do something to get her upset? Or is she just taking it out on everybody? Who did this?

“Ana, I promise you that I’ll let you leave this room until you tell me what’s wrong with you.” He told her. “You’ve been avoiding me for two weeks and I don’t even know what I did wrong.”

“Agust, just drop it.”

He furrowed his eyebrows and instead of still feeling upset for her or confused, he got a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter