fifteen

My Best Friend’s Sweet 16
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Two Years Later


Today is Ana’s graduation day.

Throughout her senior year, she’s made many new friends. A bunch of them. She became really popular after all her dance performances during rallies and concerts. Not only that, but because she also choreographed some dances for many other girls that had special events. They were mostly for the freshmen and sophomores.

She even became friends with Hwasa. It was weird at first. Hwasa came to apologize after Agust gave her the whole talk about him loving Ana and that she was the only one for him and all that sappy . Hwasa was actually a very great person Ana realized the last half of her junior year.

Not much had changed though. Jungkook was still an at times, but he was also one of Ana’s greatest friends, and always will be. Hoseok was still the dork he was born to be and him and Jo had plans to get married in the future, he graduated last year though. Jimin was still as adorable as ever and one of the greatest friends Ana could ever have. Taehyung was one of the top singers in choir, along with Jo and Jin. Ana made sure to attend all their concerts no matter what.

Jin graduated the year before too. His walk on stage was the most dramatic. He had a crown on his head instead of a cap and all the teachers were confused. Namjoon also graduated the year before and sadly, his walk on the stage was the most destructive. He broke the podium by accident while giving one of the most inspirational speeches as valedictorian.

And lastly, Agust graduated the year before too. Ana was heartbroken when she realized that he wouldn’t be at school with her anymore. She still missed holding his hand while walking to their classes and she missed giving him his goodbye kisses.

But Agust made sure that he would make time for her. Because he too still missed those things. It that he was a year older sometimes.

Agust also made sure to tell Jungkook to make sure that she ate all her meals and didn’t overwork herself. She managed to lose weight (which Agust was extremely unhappy about because there was less Ana to hold) and she felt a lot better about herself when she dropped two pants sizes.

So, not only was her senior year great (she actually went to prom twice, junior and senior year with her boyfriend) her life was way better.

Agust did so much for her. He called her everyday to see how she was doing, even though she wasn’t really doing anything, he still called her to see if she was okay. If she needed company.

He went to college not too far away, one hour by car. He got accepted into a music school after his rap and piano audition. Ana was so proud of him.

Ana was accepted into the same school as him. It was famous for its performing arts and they were going to be together very, very soon. Agust was also very proud of her.

“Are you almost ready?” Jocelyn asked her, happily. She was grinning widely.

Ana nodded. “I’m ready.” She said, her hands turning cold and shaky.

Jocelyn noticed. “Hey, it’s going to be okay.” She grabbed her hands. “He’ll be here. I know he will.”

She nodded, trying to reassure herself that her boyfriend was going to make it to her graduation. “Yeah.”

“Hey, look at me.” Jocelyn cupped her cheeks. “He’s going to be here, okay?”

Ana took in a deep breath and sighed. She nodded her head. “Okay.”

Agust had a concert today. He told Ana that he was going to do his best to make it. She didn’t want to feel like she was burden to him. She didn’t want to make him stressed about coming to see his girlfriend’s graduation. His concert was an hour before the graduation started, and it takes an hour to get back where she is. She wasn’t sure if he would make it.

At least dad’s going to be here. She wished her mom was too though.


“It’s starting!” Jocelyn yelled and dragged her to their seat. They didn’t have to sit in alphabetical order. As long as they got their diploma in an orderly fashion and on time, they were fine.

 

 

Ana was getting sadder and sadder by the minute. She got a text from Agust that said: hey baby, i’m sorry i can’t make it. please don’t be sad. i love you.

But Ana was sad. She was absolutely depressed. Agust knew how much this meant to her. It was her last freaking year of highschool and today meant that she was finally an adult. She was now going to be a part of the real world.

Jo grew sad (but not too sad, almost as if she knows something) and tried to calm Ana down.

Ana was fine, she’s just sad. The love of her life was supposed to be here for her special moment. She understood the reason why he couldn’t come. He had a concert today, and they just had to do it on the same day. It’s not his fault.

But it’s okay because she has all her other friends here too. They’re important as well. Jungkook, Jimin, and Taehyung were sitting with them too.

“Ana, he’ll make it up to you. I know he will.” Jungkook said.

“Kook, it’s fine. He doesn’t need to, it’s not his fault that he wasn’t able to come.”

“Yeah, but he’s gonna feel bad either way.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter