Sunbaes' Introduction

Areia Idol Academia

Chaeyoung’s POV

At first thought, we’ll be awkward at each other, but these guys are cool and funny too. Even though they’re a few months or a year older than us, they’re just as childish and hyper as me and my friends.

“I think we should all introduce ourselves first to know each other, game?” A guy with a llama-like face grinned. “Yeah, that’s a good idea. For once, you’ve actually became a genius, bro. Good job!” A guy that wears eyeglasses that looked almost exactly like him sarcastically said with arm raised for a high five.

Some of us laughed but did what he suggested. We all sat and formed a circle. “I’ll go first, ok? Hi, everyone, I am Kim Hyoyeon. I’m good at dancing, being a choding and giving out jokes that can energize you all. My major is dancing unit and I can rap too.” A guy with blonde hair said as he stood up. Unexpectedly, he danced in the middle even though there’s no music.

We cheered but the latter was pulled by a girl who has been beside him all this time.

“Hi, I’m Jung Yongju, but feel free to call me Nicole. I’m not that good on many things but I am confident in my dancing more than everything. I’m also a dance unit major. Oh, and just coz this guy forgot it, but I’m his girlfriend so if he ever do something more than being stupid, just kindly tell it to me and I’ll take care of him.” The girl who pulled Hyoyeon introduced herself and bowed after.

“Haha, will gladly do, Nic.” The tanned-guy said before standing up. “I’m Kwon Yuri. I’m open in everything and I’m also learning anything that is available. Just the average type of student but maybe I can be a little boastful with my body, haha. And by that, I’m a model major.” Some laughed at him while a girl not so far from him rolled her eyes with arms crossed over her chest.

“Just go and be a cocky, Kwon. No one will even care about your chocolates abs anyway.” She retorted and the girl beside her was trying to apologize silently at Yuri-hyung who just greeted his teeth and also rolled his eyes.

“Don’t mind her, guys. That’s just how she is. Anyway, I’m Stephanie Hwang Miyoung, Tiffany for short. You all know that I’m the Vice-President of the SC here, but just like what Tae-Tae said, feel at ease. I don’t bite and I’m major in singing by the way.” The girl smiled as she bowed on us. She has a bunch of pink stuffs with her that made me gulped, thinking that there’s going to be a pink addict in here.

’Tiffany-noona was really known for her beautiful eye smile. But then, no one can defeat the eye smile of the girl I like.’ I said in my mind while looking at someone.

“I’ll get with this quick. I am Jessica Jung Sooyeon, major in vocal unit. I know that I am cold and I don’t care if you’ll hate me for that, but I’ll give you this one advice. I can be the most sweet, kindest person to you as long as you’re a good person and know how to not cross the line of being annoying. That’s all, thank you.” Jessica-noona, the one called Ice Princess, or Ice Queen since her sister got the title when she got here, of the campus and also the secretary of SC, nonchalantly introduced herself.

“Yeah, yeah. I can never deny that, Popsicle.” Yuri mumbled but Jessica-noona seemed to hear it because she stomped the poor latter’s foot with no mercy. Yuri-hyung just whimpered in pain while we look at him in empathy of his pain. Another guy stood up with a sigh coming out from him.

“Sorry for Sica-noona’s attitude. She’s very caring yet dishonest that why it’s hard to get close with her. I’m Im Yoona by the way. Call me Yoong instead if you’re confused at my gender. I’m major in acting and modeling but I really want to be a k-pop idol so I’m trying to reach dancing and singing unit this year. I’m average in all. I love eating and I’m also a choding so sorry to any of that I might prank someday.” He said then laughed.

Yoona-hyung was really good at acting. I’ve seen him many times on theater plays, even when I’m still in high school. He’s also known for his alligator smile and turn-off aegyo. ‘It’s cute yet annoying, REALLY.’

“I am Seo Juhyun, but I’m more familiar to be called as Seohyun. I’m usually shy so I hope you can take good care of me. I … love goguma and Sergeant Keroro. I’m taking dancing and singing unit too with Yoong.” Seohyun-noona was a very calm person like Mina. And speaking of Mina, she and my other Japanese friends looked amused when they heard that anime character Seohyun said. She’s the SC’s treasurer by the way.

Another VERY tall guy stood up. He’s been silently eating since we all got here. “Hello, my old and new friends. The name’s Choi Sooyoung, a modeling major. I’m that tanned-creep’s bestfriend and partner in crime. I’ll be honest about me being a shikshin. And Yoong, please, just tell them that you’re also the same. Be proud that you and I are the one who’ll sabotage all of the foods in the fridge.” He sat down and received a punch from Yoong-hyung who’s just beside him.

A short girl who’s the same height as mine stood up with a smile. “Annyeong~! I’m Lee Soonkyu, but I would really love it if you all will call me Sunny, a singing major. I’ll give my early apologize, especially to those who can get immediately annoyed because I got a lot of aegyos in me. I like playing video games and doing house chores. Let’s all get close to each other, ok?” She smiled as bright as the sun.

“Once again, I’m Kim Taeyeon. I’m major in vocal unit and I really like having many friends here. I may look like a kid but please, I’m already halfway on turning 18. Let’s rock college life, guys.” He let out an ahjusshi laugh. I suddenly gazed over Nayeon-unnie then to Jeongyeon-hyung.

‘Why can’t you just admit it, Hyung?’ I sighed.

And speaking of age, most of the students in this school are young due to much acceleration in their years. I’m in it too together with my friends, but it was so hard coz I barely got those scores. So to look at it, I finished my elementary to high school years when I turned 15, plus one more year in high school so I’m 16 now. I’m same with Tzuyu and Dahyun. We’re the youngest of rookies.

I noticed the other twins inside the dorm whispering something to each other. They both stood up and took out something behind them. “Hi, this is Aiden the amazing!”, “Hello, this is Amber the awesome!” The thing they pull out was a fan with llama cartoon designs in it.

“And we’re the most loyal servants you can ever meet, the Liu-Llama Twins!!!” They said in sync and do some random funny poses. We laughed so much at their dorkiness that some had to hold their stomach. “By the way we’re both dancing and singing major.”

Once we finally got to breathe normally, another guy stood up. He got this smile and atmosphere of a humble puppy. ‘Is it weird that I feel that? I just can’t brush it off, you know?’

“Hello, my fellow roommates and new friends. I’m Luna Park Sunyoung, Lun for short. My major is vocal unit. I’ll be happy to help anyone in need so just say it if you guys need some help. Thank you, and please take care of me.” He bowed and sat back.

The next one was a very cheerful girl that has droopy yet smiling eyes. “Annyeong, my name’s Choi Jinri, but they usually call me Sulli, an acting major student and Krystal’s bestfriend. I hope to get along with all of you in no time.” She then sat down, still smiling brightly.

Jessica-noona’s sister was next on introducing herself. “Hello, everyone. I’m Krystal Jung Soojung, major in acting, modeling and vocal unit. I can be cold like my sister sometimes, but I’ll try my best to get along with all of you.” She bowed down and gave a slight smile.

‘Her features are pretty cold and intimidating like her sister. Better be nice with this unnie.’ I take note in my thoughts.

“Hello and good morning to all of you. I’m Victoria Song Qian, a Chinese student and a dance major. Please pardon me if I got a bit wrong over my language. I’m still mastering Korean.” She laughed with unease while scratching her head. “Nah. It’s completely fine, Noona. Many of us are just the same. Right, guys?” Aiden said while looking at us, mostly to my friends.

Tzuyu and the J-Line nodded since they’re still foreign to many things here, especially in language. “Thank you, guys.” Victoria-noona finally sat down and heave out a sigh of relief.

Another tall guy with slightly fierce looks stood up and arranged his tie. ‘Seriously, there are so many tall guys here. I already looked like a kid beside Tzuyu, and no this?!’

“Hey, classmates, name’s Moon Byul-yi … or just Moonbyul in short, I guess. My major was dance and vocal unit, though it’s rap centered. I’m just a typical type of guy and friend … so … let’s get along and get crazy, ok?” He smiled, showing his pure white teeth.

A girl with baby pink hair stood next. “I’m Kim Yongsun, but just kindly call me Solar. I’m more familiar on that one, hehe. Anyway, I’m a vocal major student and I actually don’t have any friends here so I’m happy to meet you all.” She then thanked us and sat back politely. I smiled coz she somehow reminds me of someone that used to be just like that.

“Hi, ladies and gentleman, this is Wheein Jung speaking. I just want to say that thank you coz I felt that we’re going to have a very fun year together. For any further info about yours truly, I’m vocal and dance major too and I’m very energetic so just call up if you need some energy pills. That’s all, thanks for listening.” Some started to laugh because of Wheein-noona’s funny antics.

‘She’ll be a good MC or DJ with that voice, haha!’

“I’m not really good in introductions so … I’m Ahn Hyejin though most of them are used on calling me Hwasa. Uhh … I am a vocal major student and I really hope that you can get along with me. I-it’s not that I bite or something! It’s just my looks is … you know … very fierce?” I felt the nervousness in his voice.

“Don’t worry. We got a load of cold-looking people here anyway.” Sooyoung-hyung said happily, but the smile in his lips quickly disappeared when he received the glares coming from the Jung sisters. ‘Geez, even I can feel it.’

“T-thank you, Sooyoung-hyung.” Hwasa bowed and smiled genuinely. The tall shikshin just showed him a thumb’s up since he’s still receiving the deathly glares. “So … let’s go to the cute rookies? I’ve been waiting to know their names.” Yoong-hyung said with a slightly frantic smile as he waves his hands between the Jung Sis and Sooyoung’s gazes.

‘This is it, our turn in introduction. Man, I’m nervous! Get a hold of yourself, Chaeyoung. You can do this. Many people are going to listen to you including your friends … and her.’