Sudden Jealousy

Areia Idol Academia

Chaeyoung’s POV

We’re about to go in the café when a familiar voice called me. I was surprised when I see the former’s face.

“Somi?! What are you doing here?” I was surprised when I saw my childhood friend smiling in front of me. “I’m studying here, Oppa.” She chirped before going to my side and clinging over my free arm. I can’t find any words to utter so I looked at Mina and only saw a blank expression.

She slowly let go of my arm and bowed at Somi before excusing herself. I want to call and tell her to stay but the presence of the other girl beside me seemed to keep my mouth shut. My other friends walked away while giving me a blank expression too. “Cut this immediately. We’ll take care of Mina.” Tzuyu and Dahyun mouthed and having no other choice, I just nodded.

”It’s been a long time, Chaenggie. I’ve missed you so much.” Somi pinched my cheeks while I just smiled, slightly forcing myself to be cheerful. “Y-yeah, it’s been too long. You’ve grown up into a more annoying and loud girl, I see.” She slapped my shoulder before pouting. Because of her cuteness, I can’t help myself but to raffle her hair.

“Somi-ah!”, “Baby SomSom~!” Two girls called behind her. “Oh, looks like my friends are calling me. Be chatting with you later, Oppa!” Somi let go of my arm and run away while waving her hands at me.

“Yeah.” Still with forced smile, I waved at her. When she’s finally gone, I quickly ran to where my friends are.

Once I reached the café, I was pushed off by someone. “Hey, watch where you’re freaking going next time, dude.” The guy just rudely said before walking away. I frowned when someone approached me. “Sorry about my friend’s behavior. He’s a little cranky today for some reason.” A blonde guy holding two pieces of burger said and bowed.

“Nah, it’s totally fine. I’m at fault too.” I showed an assuring smile and he sighed in relief. “Good to know. I’m Jackson.” He raised his hand which I gladly accepted. “Mine’s Chaeyoung, nice to meet you.”, “Haha, I’ll be going now. Nice meeting you too, bro. Bye!” He walked away to where his friend had gone to.

“I need to see Mina. Where the hell are they?” I mumbled as I start to search around the café. My phone buzzed so I fished it out, only to be stressed by what I read.

From: Darth Yoda       To: Rap/p/ing Cub       (09:52AM _ 13/08/2016)

‘Don’t come any closer to Mina, Smol. I don’t think it’s the right time to talk to her. Even Sana can’t handle her. Just go with Jeong-hyung for now.’

From: Emi-Tofu-nem       To: ChaeYonce       (09:52AM _ 13/08/2016)

‘Run away, Son Chaesanova. Mina’s not gonna have it right now. I can feel the temperature of Antarctica, thanks to you!’

Having no other choice, I just walked away from the café with a heavy heart. “This is so frustrating!” I raffled my hair in annoyance, not minding how the other students looked at me weirdly.

Hwasa’s POV

Byul and I are buying the food for us and the two girls, who are busy chatting happily in their own world, behind us.

“Hey, Hyejin, do you think Yongsun will like this?” Moonbyul lightly elbowed my side before pointing his finger over the board menu. “Samgyetang?” He nodded. “It’s pretty healthy so I think that’s fine. We need to choose for light foods first though.” I suggested.

“Let’s take mul bibim guksu and dolsot bibimbap then. Man, I can’t believe how this school has almost all types of dishes. ” I gave a thumb’s up at him and we continued ordering our foods. In my mind, I was also thinking of what Wheein might like.

‘Dubujeon will do it, I guess … I hope.’

Once done, we placed the foods on the table and the two stopped talking. “I’m hungry. Let’s dig in, Wheein.” Solar said as she quickly took her pair of utensils and chopsticks. Wheein happily did the same “Heol.” Moonbyul and I both muttered in disbelief. Since they’re busier minding the food WE bought, Moonbyul and I just took a sit and eat our share.

I took a peek over the girls from time to time as Moon kept on sulking on how these two just ignored us for foods. ‘If I’m going to be honest, pouting doesn’t suit this guy.’

Moonbyul’s POV

I was getting grumpy inside when Solar spoke up. “Thanks, Byul-ah. Eat more, arasso? You’re actually a little skinny to me.” I don’t know if she’s teasing me or not, but either way, I smiled at her … a very genuine one. I forgot about what I am grumbling earlier as I look at her.

“I think the opposite for Hyejin, hahaha!” Wheein butted-in which made me and Solar laugh while Hwasa was looking at us in another comical disbelief expression. Something light was flowing inside me. It was kind’a new to me so I just shrugged it off.

‘Weird yet calming. These guys pull out something in me that I never expect to have … especially you, Yongsun.’

Jihyo’s POV

My brother was the one who’s ordering the foods for us since Dahyun, Tzuyu, Sana and I are busy looking after Mina. She was pretty down after that girl named Somi came into the picture and talked to Chaeyoung. Someone even tried to flirt on her but she shut him flat with cold shoulders.

Mina was one of my best friends. Though all of these nine friends of mine are my top best of friends, each of them are different. Aside from Nayeon, Mina is one of them that always hide their feelings from everyone. I was glad that Mina even decided to open it up with me. This penguin loves Chaeyoung while the latter does the same.

The only thing that kept them from being together is their insecurity and fear. Chaeyoung seriously hate rejection and Mina always thought of thousand possibilities that it sometimes frustrated me from looking at them.

“Minari, it’s just a friend. Don’t be so down. I already told you that Chaeyoung likes you. Have a talk to him instead of sulking here, ok?” I tried my best on convincing her and somehow, she bought it when she finally looked up to us. “A-are you really sure? What if that girl might be something more?” Her eyes were starting to get teary.

“Just trust my words, Myoui. Park Jihyo never lies. If things go a little difficult, then fight it straight ahead. We’ll support you no matter what.” I patted her shoulders for encouragement. “Ji-chan’s right. Don’t retreat without putting a fight. If you need to, act like a yakuza then. Ouch!” Tzuyu lightly knocked Sana’s forehead, the former just act animatedly for attention.

“Stop giving ridiculous advice, Noona.” The latter said to the pouting Japanese. “Tzuyu’s such a meaning. Neomu hae, neomu hae~!” Sana dramatically said, earning a laugh from Dahyun and me. Mina chuckled too.

“Thank you, guys. I’ll try my best to clear things with Chaeyoung later.” She said while finally showing her gummy smile. ”That’s good to hear then. Anyway, what’s taking Jisoo so long?” I abruptly stood from my seat when I checked my watched. “He’s still busy buying our meals, Unnie.” Dahyun answered.

I frowned. “I’ll go check on him. Just wait here, ok?” Once they nodded in response, I left our table to look for my twin.

When I saw him, I suddenly felt a thud inside me. He was there, busy talking happily to a girl I don’t know. I can’t explain it. I was getting angry all of a sudden, but either way, I walked to them and cleared my throat that successfully got their attention.

“I don’t like being exaggerated like Momo, but if you’ll just stay there flirting without taking the foods you SLOWLY bought for us, me and the others will surely die in hunger. Mind to do your task first before you mingle with someone, Park Jisoo.” I said it a little bit harsh and sassy that it made the two of them surprised.

Inside, I was feeling the same too, but something burning in me made me shrugged it off. It was like something was off me and I can’t control it.

“J-Ji--”, ”Don’t talk or explain. Just take the damn food already. Break time’s about to end.” I turned my heels and left him with that stranger, completely shocked. It was really weird of me. I never got this bad in my life. I used to be composed, sweet and calm, but today … something was snapping me off the edge, and I can’t clearly put a finger in it.

We’re always fine with knowing new people. Me and my brother are easy to get along with. Maybe I was just hungry, and Mina’s situation made me a little cranky. ‘I need to fix myself right now. This is not me.’ I gave my cheeks some light slaps.

“I need to apologize to him later.” I uttered though inside me, there’s another thing I wanna speak up. ‘Who’s that girl?’