Breakfast And Run Fast

Areia Idol Academia

Taeyeon’s POV

I woke up too early so I just decided to cook breakfast for everyone. I was busy slicing the ingredients when someone called out behind me. “Taeyeon?” I looked back and at the same time, moving my hand that was slicing the meat so I accidentally cut my finger. “Victo--, ouch!” I winced as I held my bleeding finger.

“Sorry, Taeng! Is it deep?” Victoria-noona quickly got beside me and helped my hand. She pulled out a cloth and gently wiped the blood away. Like a real mother, she washed my hand with care. “T-thank you, Eomma.” I suddenly blurted out, making her eyes shot right through mine.

“S-sorry. I just felt the motherly aura from you.” I blushed in embarrassment but was surprised when she patted my head.

“Haha. It’s fine. I’m completely used to it since I always get that a lot. Guess, I should finally agree about them saying that I am a mother material.” Victoria smiled bigger. ‘Her mature personality really emits the motherly vibe. It makes me miss my own mom for some reason.’

“Ok.” I just simply replied before retrieving my hand back. “I’ll patch this up first. Be back in a minute.” She nodded and continued what I am doing.

After a few minutes, I came back and saw Seohyun and Sunny were there helping Victoria, saying that they both woke up and thought that they want to cook something for breakfast. I just smiled and also helped the three. We’re almost done when Moonbyul and Hwasa came down together with the Liu twins and some of the other girls.

Not so long after, Tiffany came out too but with a pissed Jessica behind her. She hide on my back while gripping tightly over my shirt. “Tae-Tae, can you save me from our secretary? Help me up, please.” She whined and pouted childishly. My little hairs suddenly straighten up as I feel Jessica’s cold glares at me.

My body was frozen and my soul was crying in fear at the scary vibe. Jessica was looking at Fany like she’s throwing daggers at her. ‘Someone?! Anyone?! Even just one person! Please save me from this hell right now!’

“Hey, Kid President!” Hyoyeon showed up and pulled me out from JeTi’s little war to drag me back in the kitchen. Before he can even continue speaking, I hugged him in joy. “Thank you, Hyo! Without you, I’ll surely be dead by now because of those two.” I was fully grateful at him.

‘Thank you too, God. You heard and answered my prayers today.’

“Geez, you’re welcome. Now, let me go. Bromance is over.” I just chuckled. He then offered his help with the food arrangements. Right after Hyoyeon and I arranged the table, everyone was finally in the living room. Some of them are arguing or being childish together. The youngest group was the last to show up and I can’t help but to laugh on how hyper they can be early in the morning.

“Food’s ready! Let’s eat, guys.” Victoria stated with a warm smile on her face.

“FOOD?!” Sooyoung, Dahyun, Wheein, Momo, Yoona, & Luna, in short, the Shikshin Squad, blurted out with their eyes completely widen in surprise. “Yup. Come on, you food monsters, the meals’ aren’t gonna wait for any of you.” I said and like kids, they rushed over the dining hall and start taking their foods. I just smiled and followed suit.

“It’s like a one big family, right? Tae-Tae?” Pany whispered. Due to the close proximity between us, I can’t help but blush. “Y-yeah.” I quickly drown myself to my own food before she can even notice my red face. She didn’t say anything anymore except for a giggle.

We all eat in a not-so-quiet way. Some are chatting about random stuffs while others will start a little game that will end up in a war. The oldest group will laugh or scold them … though some of us are being choding ourselves. ‘Hehe, can’t help but to be playful too.’

Maybe we’re playing a little too much now because we were startled when Sunny shrieked as she looked at her watch. “Crap! Guys, hurry up! We’re going to be late in ten minutes!” Our eyes felt like it was about to come out from its sockets. ‘Holy fudge!’

I immediately stood up, so are my SC members. “Ok. No need to panic. We got four bathrooms. If it’s fine to you, go group up and take two bathrooms for each gender. It may become crowded but the more of us finishes on cleaning up, the less time we need to use the shower.” I dictated and they all nodded.

“In that case then form fourteen to seven both in boys and girls, now. I’ll help you out on cleaning the dishes up, Tae-Tae. I’ll follow up later,” Pany butted in before picking up the pile of plates and utensils. Understanding everything, they all group up and rushed to the bathrooms.

“You know you can just ditch this and prepare yourself out already, right?” I said to Tiffany while we’re washing the dishes in a God-like speed. “You know I can’t leave you alone here, right?”

I just sighed in defeat because Pany can be pretty stubborn and playful sometimes. ‘Though it’s really cute and Pany, haha!’ I slapped myself for being a corny earning a weird look from the girl beside me. “D-don’t mind me, hehe.” She just shrugged and continued her business.

Dahyun’s POV

We’re all in total rush and it’s almost making me dizzy. The oldest group is twice faster than us so we’re feeling a little guilty.

I was literally running on one corner with only my undergarment and a towel as a cover. I’m about to turn to my right when I suddenly slipped. I closed my eyes, prepared to feel the hard floor. Feeling warmth instead of the cold ground made me open my eyes, only to meet someone’s droopy eyelids.

Heat suddenly rushed to my face when I realized that it was Momo. “Dubu, are you ok?” He tiredly said. Out of reflexes, I quickly pushed him and ran away. ‘I’m so sorry, Oppa. I’m too embarrassed to even look at you for now.’

Once I reached our room, everyone looked at me weirdly. But since we’re in a big hurry, no one uttered anything and continued their businesses. “Better not mind it for now, Dahyun, school first before anything else.” I mumbled.

Luna’s POV

“Man, let’s catch our breaths for a sec.” Though I suggested it, we’re all already doing it anyway. We all ran like madman until we reach our room, only to slump hardly when we saw no teachers inside.

“At least we’re not late, right?” Sulli said before flashing her cute smile. We just sighed in relief as a reply and took our own respective seats. I followed where the twins are sitting. Aiden, Amber and I are on the back seats together with Sulli, Victoria-noona and Krystal. Taeyeon-hyung suggested that we’ll seat alternately, so I was between the second Jung, who’s on my left, while the Giant Baby is on my right.

“Let’s become the best of friends, shall we?” Sulli suddenly blurted out when I looked at her. She’s reaching her hand at me and waited for my reply. “Of course, Sulli-ah.” I showed her my puppy smile and gently took her hand for a shake.

“Jeez, lovebirds early in the morning. Seriously?” Amber said out loud for me to hear. My eyes twitched in annoyance and I was about to give him a glare when someone beat me into it. “So what? My friend only wants to befriend this short guy here. You’re in no place to comment that way, Stupid.” Krystal retorted.

I was struck by what she said, but I can’t find the way to be mad when I sense every inch of cold aura coming from her. But then, since Amber is my friend, I mustered my kindest voice of all and spoke up. “Nah, it’s completely fine, Krystal-shi. That llama’s rudeness is nothing to mind. And for the better, let’s just all be friends, ok?” I gave a look on Sulli as a signal and thankfully, she nodded eagerly in approval.

No more words came out when Mr. Areia walked into the class. “Good to see you kids early in the morning! Now, let’s all take our seats as I begin the talking, ok?” He smiled. “So, everyone … let’s start our first day of class, shall we?!” For some reason, his enthusiasm get into us instantly and we all cheered together with him.

“YES!!!”