Hoobae's Introduction

Areia Idol Academia

Mina’s POV

It was finally our turn to introduce ourselves. I was nervous as hell, but I kept my cool. My eyes then turn to Chaeyoung. He’s fidgeting while biting his lips. ‘He’s really nervous. I should help him.’

I silently crawled my way to his side, I ended up sitting right over his left side since he’s in the farthest left end of all of us. He doesn’t seem to notice my presence because he’s still mumbling random words while lowering his head.

“Hey, Chaenggie, are you okay?” I asked as I put an arm over his shoulder. “M-Mina? What are you doing here?” He whispered with widened eyes. “I was worried about you. You seemed tense. Try calming down, ok?” I rubbed his shoulder and he finally eased up.

“Thank you, Minari.” His dimple smile made me giggled. ‘This cub got a very soft spot of me.’

“Ahem. Hello, everyone. My name’s Im Nayeon, and I‘m a dance and vocal major. Please do guide us all while we do our best and support each other.” Nayeon’s chirpy voice snapped my and Chaeng’s attentions out from each other. I noticed the enthusiasm over her tone and the excitement in her eyes as she glanced over Taeyeon-sunbaenim.

My gaze then goes to Jeongyeon. We all know how much he loves Nayeon-unnie. He never got the courage to confess though, and seeing the situation here, it sure will be hard for him to handle his feelings. His rival will be living together with us … Kim Taeyeon.

“I worry about Jeong.” I whispered. “Me too, Minari. I’ll go check on him later.” He replied while staring straight in my eyes. Somehow, I felt like I was getting pulled by his ash gray orbs.

“Annyeong, I’m Yoo Jeongyeon, dance and vocal major. I stand as my group of friends’ father. If you ever need anything, feel free to ask.” Jeongyeon monotonously said and immediately sat back to his place, earning a weird look from Nayeon. ‘He’s totally pulling hard to control himself right now.’

“You could have been nicer, you know?” Nayeon irritatingly said in a low volume though I still heard it clearly. Jeong just rolled his eyes and acted like he didn’t heard anything at all.

“So … it’s good to see new faces here. The name’s Park Jisoo, Jihyo’s twin and completely handsome big brother. I’m a vocal major, though I also go for dancing as my minor unit. Nice to meet you all!“ His loud voice boomed over the whole living room, making everyone center their attention only to him. He took a glance our spot. Somehow, we understand what his is trying to imply. ‘I got this, guys!’ Me and Mina showed him a thumbs up.

Jisoo was about to take a seat when Jihyo kicked his shin.

“Hey! That hurts!” He whined while rubbing the sore spot. “Lower your voice, Ji!” His sister scolded as he groans. “As if you’re not loud too.” He mumbled in annoyance. He’s going to glare at his twin when Jihyo took one of her shoe and raise it in front of him, making him flinch and lower his head in defeat..

‘Poor Jisoo, always getting bullied by his sister Little Owl.’

“Sorry about that. Anyways, my name is Park Jihyo. I’m also a vocal major. I apologize for my and Jisoo’s voice. Our parents seemed to have been donated a lot of investments to a megaphone company when we’re still just fetuses.” Her simple joke brought smile to everyone, but Jeong and Chaeng took it to the extreme and laughed hilariously while clutching their stomach.

‘No-jams will always be no-jams. Well, at least they’re smiling.’

“Since when did you ever know how to say such corny jokes, Unnie?” Tzuyu, the youngest of all of us, said before standing up. He patted Jihyo while smiling brightly. “Hi, I’m Chou Tzuyu. I’m Taiwanese so my Korean is still not good, sorry. I’m a model and dance major but it seems like I’m the youngest here, so please … do take good care of me.” She bowed in a respectful way that it made us clapped at her humbleness.

‘She’s really savage but sweet, that’s why she’s too precious to us.’

“I’m next! Yow, everybody! This is Kim Dahyun, aka, DJ Dubu! I’m your typical rapper in the house, a dancing and singing major too. This pale face of mine is healthy so don’t worry, I’m not a ghost or anemic. I’m the leader of School Meal Club, aka, the DaChaeTzu Trio. Thank you for listening, brochachos~!” Dahyun rapped her way off her nervousness like always. Everyone was laughing at her antics.

“This left me no choice.” I heard Chaeyoung mumbled before standing up. “Wazzup, ladies and gentlemen! It’s your Son Chaeyoung, aka, DJ Cub! Another rapper in the house of amazing beagles. I may be a midget but I’m still growing! Dance and vocal major like my partner in crime, DJ Dubu! Rap your way to life with us till the end, break it down~!”

I can’t help but laugh loudly while looking at Chaeng who’s giving a high five to Dahyun. ‘He’s just so cute that my heart beats fast everytime I see his dimple smile.’

I stood up and introduced myself. “Ohayo, I’m Myoui Mina. I’m mainly a dance major with a centered skill on ballet. I’m still improving my Korean so I might not understand some of your words. That’s all, thank you.” With my calm voice, I bowed and get back to Chaeng’s side.

“Japanese?” Seohyun-unnie asked. I nodded as a reply and she smiled brightly. ‘She’s the Keroro fanatic, right?’

“Sana-chan, are you ready?”, “I’m always ready, Momo-chan!” Hearing my co-Japanese friends’ voice, I looked at them with wide eyes. ‘Don’t tell me … they’re going to pull that stunt again?!’ I stared in ridicule as I can already guess what they’re about to do. I just shook my head.

“I’m lucky, I didn’t sit beside them.” I muttered and heard a chuckle. I turn to Chaeyoung, seeing his dimple smile again. I unconsciously poke his dimple which made him look at me. “Earth to Mina?” He waved his hand in front of me and I snapped from my sudden daydream. He chuckled again before turning back over the two circus freaks and whispered, “Cute.”

I felt my cheeks burning so I hid behind his back so he won’t see my flushed face. ‘What was that, Mina?’

My Japanese best friends then pulled their ACTUAL circus stunt, doing a curt wheel and ending it with a split. They pose with a swagger sign, and I can’t help but roll my eyes at them.

“I am Sailor Sana Minatozaki, a dancing and vocal unit who’ll trap your heart with my cutie-y charms!”, “And I’m Sailor Momo Hirai, your dancing machine next door! Same major with my friends. We’re always on your service!“ The two then stood up and bowed. ‘I just can’t believe them anymore.’

I massaged my head while everyone was laughing at those two.

“Everything’s settled then! It’s so nice to know you all. From now on, we’re a big family here so we’re going to help each other no matter what, arasso?” Victoria-unnie stated.

“Neh.” We all answered in sync. “So introduction is completed which means it’s time for us to settle our roommates! Who’s in with me to have shared rooms with the girls?!” After what Yuri-oppa said, a shoe come flying right at his face.

“What did you just say, you ert?!” Jessica-noona flared which send chills to everyone, including me.

“H-hehe, P-Popsicle, I was j-just joking. No n-need to get mad at me, o-okay?! Goofoo~!” Even though Yuri was trying to lessen the intensity in the atmosphere, he was mercilessly knocked out by Jessica.

“Know when to joke, bro.” Hyoyeon-oppa said while patting the poor guy’s chest. “Let’s just settle it this way so we can treat him immediately.“ Moonbyul-oppa pulled out his idea and we’re done after half an hour.

“Ok! In B-Room 1 are; Taeyeon, Hyoyeon, Yuri, Sooyoung and Yoona, the B-Room 2 are; Moonbyul, Hwasa, Luna and the Liu twins, and B-Room 3 are;  Jeongyeon, Momo, Jisoo, Chaeyoung and Tzuyu. For the girls, in G-Room 1 are; Jessica, Sunny, I, Seohyun and Nicole, on G-Room 2 are; Solar, Wheein, Victoria, Sulli and Krystal, and lastly, the G-Room 3 are; Nayeon, Sana, Jihyo, Mina and Dahyun. That’s the arrangements so … any objections?” Tiffany-unnie announced and we all shook our heads.

“It’s good then. Everyone, let’s go to our rooms now and start cleaning. We still have the whole day to organize this dorm, ok?” Taeyeon ordered professionally. Sometimes, I can’t blame Nayeon for having a big crush on him. ‘He’s a very cool guy to be honest.’

I saw Chaeyoung whispering something to Jeongyeon while patting his back. I can see the sad look in Jeong’s face as Chaeng leave his side. “Let’s just let things be for now.” Chaeyoung lowly said as he passed beside me. I just lowered my head.

‘I hope things will end up nicely.’ My mind said before following my roommates as we begin to clean the dorm.