Meet The Teachers

Areia Idol Academia

Nayeon’s POV

“My beloved students, today’s your first day and I know that every each of you is either feeling excited or nervous. It’s totally fine since its normal for everyone to feel that way. So first of all, lemme introduce your teachers for this year! Kim, Joon, Chen, Burnaphar and Sushar! Get in here. We have to perform ‘PPAP’, ‘Gwiyomi’ and ‘Baby Shark’ for the kids!”

Mr. Areia happily chirped. The door abruptly opened and a flying chalk came in. It directly hit our principal’s forehead.

“You’re too loud, Zi. And there’s no freaking way we’ll do that in front of our students.” An average height man around his thirties, same as Mr. Areia’s, was the culprit. The other teachers behind him just shook their heads. “Embarrass yourself, Eul.”, “Yeah. I can’t even believe that you’re my niece.” A male and female teacher said before knocking Mr. Areia’s head.

‘Are they really adults?’ I thought as I watch the sitcom-like scene in front of me.

“Geez, no need to be violent. My lovely students are watching.” Our principal whined, earning him a threatening smack from the three teachers. “L-let’s just go introduce already, ok?”, “I never spoke a word yet I’m already feeling embarrassed.” The remaining silent teachers finally talked.

“Fine. Joon, you start.” Mr. Areia said in defeat, but not before rolling his eyes over the other adults beside him.

“Ahem! I’m Arbyn Joon. I’ll be your ‘Dance & Choreography Enhancement’ teacher. It’s centered in dancing and performance to construct choreographies. I am not strict as long as you listen to my lectures. Let’s all get along, S-A students!” Mr. Joon bowed and smiled warmly at us.

‘He’s actually kind behind his cold looks. It suddenly reminds me of the Jung sisters, haha.’

The female teacher, who proclaimed herself as Mr. Areia’s aunty, walked in front as Mr. Joon stepped back. “Hello, dear students. My name’s Recca Kim, your ‘Vocal & Tone Tuning Lessons’ professor. I know that all of you have fascinating voices, and I am here to help you to get it in a greater level. As long as you keep yourself healthy, then there’s nothing for me to have reasons to scold any of you.”

Before Ms. Kim can step out, Sulli-unnie raised her hand, getting the female teacher’s attention. “Yes, Ms. Choi?”

“Ma’am, is Sir Zi-Eul really your niece? Why are you two looking like you have the same age then?” Unnie straightly asked. ‘Now that you say that, Mr. Areia and Ms. Kim doesn’t look like they’re having the between them.’

“Since you asked for it, let me clearly explain it to you then. This childish man is my elder sister’s son. We both are born in the same year. A month apart is what gapping us from each other’s age. By the way, if this clumsy principal of yours did something stupid, do inform me or his bestfriend, little Arbyn, quickly.”

We all hummed after her answer. “That solved the mystery and made me lose my nine bucks. Damn it!” I heard Jisoo whispered. He took out his wallet and fished out nine dollars before giving three each of it to Tzuyu, Chaeyoung and Dahyun, whose faces are being eaten by their victorious grins.

“I won’t ever bet with these three ever again.” Jisoo grumpily mumbled under his breath as his sulk under his arms. ‘These guys are despicable.’

“Hi, everyone! I am Keisy Chen, and I’m holding the ‘Physical, Emotional & Mental Development’ subject which is about handling your health status. Having not just a good body, but also a stable mind, is a key for a nice career and image of an idol or such. I roll up like any of you guys so feel at ease in my class. Just remember to be composed in serious hours, arasso?” A tall guy with droopy eyes calmly said and showed a carefree smile.

“Neh.” We answered and he stepped back as another tall man walk in the center.

“Good morning, S-A students. I don’t know if you know me, but I’m Tina Burnaphar. I’ll be teaching you ‘Music Composition & Instrument Learning’. This subject is all about the heart of music, the BGM and instrumental of every song. I’m kind of a shy person, but I tend to be a little serious if any of you try to court my fiancé.” Mr. Burnaphar timidly said and pointed the short female teacher near him.

The former elbowed the tall teacher. “Being kind and humble won’t make you look serious, Tina. Anyways, good morning to all of you. I’m your teacher in the subject of ‘Acting & Modeling Class’. The name’s Aom Sushar, and yes, I am this tall guy’s fiancé. I don’t have any rules for my class as long as you all understand what I’m discussing to you, understand?”

We just nodded. ‘This couple doesn’t look like Korean to me. Maybe they’re foreign Asians … Thai? They seemed familiar.’

Another student raised his hand. “You two looked really familiar. Aren’t you two the famous Thai idol couple, the TiAom? You’re both actor and actress back in Thailand. Am I right?” It was Chaeyoung this time.

“Haha, yes. It looks like you’re doing your research.” Sir Tina shyly answered while scratching his nape. Miss Aom just smiled while blushing beside him.

DaChaeTzu then reached out their hands over Momo and Jeongyeon. The two groaned as they both take out ten bucks in their pockets. “Wasn’t that supposed to be called cheating? We didn’t researched after all.”, “Why did I even accept a losing bet, damn it.” They whispered under their breaths while the other three just sniggered as they claim their winning price. Tzuyu and Dahyun high fived Chaeyoung who whispered, “Told you so. Thank you for the cash, my loving hyungs.”

‘I can’t believe these guys anymore.’ I can’t help but massage my forehead as I watch them.

“And now that they’re finished, it’s time for yours truly to have his entrance!” Mr. Areia yelled, earning him disbelief looks from his workers. “Here we go again.” Mr. Joon muttered while crossing his arms.

Our principal unexpectedly climbed over the teacher’s table and made a hero-like pose before shouting, “I, my beloved students, am Zi-Eul Areia! I’m gonna teach you everything about morality and logic of being a star~! ‘All Random Academics, Language Training & Star-Values Discussion’ is my subject! If ever there’s a language barrier for some of you, don’t be worried. Your principal is here to teach you random languages like a pro! Bwahaha--, wah!”

We can’t contain our laughter anymore when Mr. Areia was pushed down by Ms. Kim and Mr. Joon. “You really don’t have any shame, you idiot!”, “One more embarrassing thing and I’ll throw you off a cliff!” They both threatened the poor guy, who’s now cowering behind the other three teachers.

“Help me! I am being bullied!” We just laughed while our principal is being beaten up by his workers.

Luna’s POV

After several minutes, the noise died down and everyone is finally sober and composed.

“Ok! Everything’s wrapped up. I hope all of you will give your best shot this year! Thank you for listening to all my rants. The real class will begin now. Take care, guys! I’ll treat you coffee later.” With that, the other teachers leave the room while our first teacher happily pushed them out.

“Let’s start, my beloved students! First topic is going to be ‘Moral Values Of An Idol’. What is being an idol all about?” And Mr. Areia continued until his time was up and our next teacher came in, which is Ms. Sushar.

Tzuyu’s POV

After two subjects that composed of two hours of nothing but long discussions each, break time finally came.

“God, that was pretty long for the first day!” Dahyun said while stretching her back. “Hello? Whine about it after the end of the first semester, we’re just beginning, Dubu.” I retorted, making her groan and glare at me.

“We’ll be in the SC office. If you need anything, just drop by and we’ll be there.” Tiffany-noona said while flashing her eye-smile. “Ok, Tiff.” Victoria-noona answered. The officers, except Sunny-noona, left us while the others go by group. Moonbyul and Hwasa-hyung invited our circle but Jeong-hyung declined it, saying that we’ll be looking around the school grounds first.

Only Solar and Wheein-noona followed them. “Let’s all eat together later. Lunch time’s good for gathering after all.” Amber-hyung said and everyone agreed. Krystal and Sulli-noona dragged Victoria-noona with them while the Liu twins and Luna followed behind.

“I’ll be on the race for the canteen’s heavenly kimchi fried rice, so be seeing you guys later!”, “Wait for me!”, “I’m with you!”, “Eat well, kids. Ciao~!”, “See you all later.”, “Don’t be late, arasso?” Sooyoung, Yoong, Yuri, Hyoyeon, Nicole and Sunny rushed away.

For now, the whole gang was scattered. Jeongyeon was dragged away by Nayeon-noona while Momo followed them, whining why they’re not going in the canteen. I was stuck with my crush, the stupid rapping duo, swan ketchup and the train twins. “Come on. Off we go to the café!” Jihyo yelled before walking her chubby-y self in the hallway.

Sana sticks beside my left while Dahyun is on my right. Chaeng was in cloud nine because Mina is clinging on his arm. I mentally rolled my eyes over that love-struck midget. We just followed suit to the train twins when someone suddenly shouted behind us.

“Cub?! Is that really you, Smol?!” We all turn around and saw a Korean girl with foreign traits in her. ‘She’s studying here too?’

“That girl’s a student here?” Dahyun frowned, and so was I. “Who is she? How come she knew who Chaenggie is?” It was faint, but I am sure, the whisper came from Mina. I snapped my head to her and was surprised to see her also frowning over the foreign girl. ‘Wow. Is this for real?’

The girl got near us, or should I say … near only to Chaeyoung. “I’m suddenly feeling cold, Chewy.” Sana muttered while rubbing her arms. Turning to Dahyun, she’s showing the same expression as I am. We only gulped as we looked back to Mina once more and in front of us. Feeling the atmosphere dropping to its lowest temperature, I flinched.

‘I think … World War 3 is nearing. Chaeng, what have you got yourself into?!’