Welcome To Areia Idol Academia!

Areia Idol Academia

Jeongyeon’s POV

I woke up after being greeted by the bright sunshine. As I go to the bathroom, I passed in front of the calendar which caught my attention. “Wait … isn’t it … AHH!!!” I shouted as I rushed back to my bed. With panicking mind, I pulled my roommate’s covers together with his legs, causing him to fall and hit his whole back on the floor.

“What the hell, Hyung?” He started groaning but I beat him from any more reactions and pulled him up. “No time for whining. You can do anything to me later, arasso?! But for now, go move your freaking and prepare for school!” I left him to take a very quick shower. As I got back, I saw him starting to rummage his drawers.

“Pickled freaks, how could we forgot about our first day of school?!” He yelled before taking out his well-ironed uniform. “I know, Chaeng, but let’s whine later once we’re actually late. I’ll prepare our lunch so just take a bath already.” I then rushed to our mini-kitchen and looked up for any easy-to-prepare meal. After good fifteen minutes, Chaeyoung and I are ready to go.

“Hope we’re not late in our first day of school!” Chaeng shouted as we run as fast as we can. We made it before the bell rung. “Good for you two to made it in time.” I heard Jisoo’s voice beside me and I jumped in surprise. “Yah, don’t just appear out of nowhere, will you?!” I said angrily at him.

“Let’s just get over with it and go to the covered court, Jeong.” Jihyo said, leaving her twin brother, and held my and Chaeyoung’s arm. Without any warning, she pulled us while running like a freaking cheetah. I looked back and saw Jisoo with his jaw dropped in surprise. ‘Poor Jisoo, your sister is more brutal than us.’

As we reach the court, we saw our friends; Mina, Dahyun, Momo, Sana, Nayeon, and Tzuyu at the entrance.

“Took you guys so long to wake up, huh?” Momo playfully mocked, making him earn a smack from Nayeon. “Yeah, and if I remember it right, there’s one person here who got his kicked because he didn’t sleep in the dorm but in the side of the club’s parking area.” Nayeon rhetorically said and Momo groaned in annoyance.

“Please don’t bring that up.” We can only laugh at him. “Come on, let’s get in, guys.” Dahyun said happily before pulling Momo with her. We followed up and we saw many students inside. Some are already sitting on the lined up chairs with their friends or so and some are still wandering around.

“Here!” We heard Jisoo calling us while waving his hand. Once we got near him, we saw a total of ten reserved seats, two rows with five empty chairs each. Thinking of how he got inside earlier than us is a mystery that can never be answered. “Oh, thank you, my twin. I promise I won’t leave you again so forgive me, ok?” Jihyo hugged the latter. Jisoo just sighed and nodded while patting his sister’s head.

“All the guys in the back, ok? Let the girls have a nice view.” I said and the guys just agreed and took the back seats, but not forgetting to let the girls rest their butts in their own seats first. Of course, I am the one who helped my bunny, childhood bestfriend.

“Mike test? Check one, two. Ok.” All our attention was thrown to the person in front of us. Our principal and the owner of this school, Mr. Areia, were standing at the stage with his microphone. “Now, good morning to all of my lovely students, this is your Captain speaking!” Some of the students laughed at the guy’s dorkiness.

“Ok. Today is your first day of school once again and also the second year for this school’s service. Right now, all the last year’s students gave out a nice result that give reason for this academy to officially stand its ground as the main school for any individuals that wants to be an idol, model or artist. And for that, I want to give you all my full gratitude.” Mr. Areia bowed which kind of surprised some of us.

He then started the opening ceremony and a guy named Taeyeon, the Student Council President, came in front to give out his own speech and welcome to the new enrollees. After that, our principal took the mike again for his big announcement.

“For all the new students, I am happy to give everything you need to reach your dreams so let’s all work our best, ok?” He cheerfully said as he fist pump the air together with a big smile.

‘At first, I thought he’s just acting or something, but in the end, he really is a jolly fella even when he’s already 36.’

“And for those who passed their first year, specifically all the second year here, I am sure you all received a letter with a card in it, right?” Once he asked that, we second year students looked over our bags and took out the said letter. Me, and my friends all got a gold card but when I looked around, most of the students in our batch got other colors.

“Seems like most of you are completely confused, am I right? Well, let me explain to you. Gold card means you got the highest rank and will be in the section called ‘Special-A Class’. But don’t get me wrong. Yes, you’re special and will receive a much unique lectures but you can still get defeated by other students in our monthly competitions.”

I looked intensely at my card as my ears listened carefully about Mr. Areia’s explanations. “We’ll grade you up if you can stay in your rank or not so to be honest, Special-A students are in the most crucial situations in their lessons. To be direct and straight, all of those students who have golden cards … please go to the stage now.” He calmly said yet with a hint of enthusiasm.

My friends and I stood up, and on the other parts of the court, we saw the other students that got the gold cards. “Together with us, it seems to be a total of thirty students, Hyung.” Tzuyu whispered. I just nodded and started walking. “Ok … fifteen boys and fifteen girls … just the right amount.” The principal murmured.

All eyes of the other students were on us as the principal explained more about our section. He then called out the students next to our rank. They all got the silver card and the rest are bronze. “Ok, that’s all! Welcome to AREIA IDOL ACADEMIA. May you all reach your lifelong dreams! HWAITING!!!” After the ceremony, each homeroom teachers guided their students to their respective classrooms.

We’re still standing in the stage when the principal called us. “Special-A students, kindly follow me.” He happily said before walking away. We just followed him until we reach another building but smaller, about just two floors, yet fancy one. It has a small garden around the whole structure and inside was very cozy and relaxing. It’s air-conditioned and scented with cool-mint air freshener.

“Kids, this building are your dorm from now on. By tomorrow, my workers will help you out on moving all your stuffs so no need to worry. This is specially built for you all to stay. You have a garden outside, with your own studio and practice room here. We also made a gym and library to enhance your brains and bodies yourselves. There’s free net but the foods … sorry. Please put that one on your budgets, hehe.” Our dorky principal scratched the back of his neck.

“Isn’t this too much?” A tall tanned-guy asked. “Well, yes it is. But it’s just a reward for being an excellent student, and you guys are responsible for keeping it clean and wise here anyway. The first two weeks of food maintenance is on ours, but after that, you’ll be handling it all. We’ll just check it out if you’re all doing great.” He explained with a big smile.

“So the thing though that I am fully aware is that there’s a total of six rooms and the planning of who’s going to use the room wasn’t included in it. I already left you’re official uniforms inside too. Can you kids talk it all out now? I-I’ll be going. Your class starts at 8:30AM tomorrow so don’t be late, ok? OK?! BYE!” He ran away while waving his hand at us.

‘Goofy guy as always.’

We all looked at each other in silence. Taeyeon then stepped in with his arm raised. “Guys, I know I am the SC President and I got my members included here too, but I want to say it straight that I won’t be using my position here on any of you so feel at ease, ok?” We all nod but my eyes suddenly darted at Nayeon who’s smiling in glee.

‘This bunny really likes Kim Taeyeon.’ Out of nowhere, I sighed a little loudly at the thought, earning everyone’s attention.

“Are you alright, Jeong?” Momo beat everyone on asking me. “H-huh? N-nothing. I mean, of course we’re all friends here from now on so … yeah … hehe.” They looked at me as if I had grown another head or something so I just lowered my head. I heard a giggle and I know it was from Sana.

‘Aish! That was embarrassing as hell!’