NO TOMORROW FOR US

THANK YOU, I'M SO SORRY, LOVE YOU.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Luhan's chopsticks stopped midway at Grandma's words.

The room was suddenly very silent.

Sehun opened his mouth to say something but, without looking up, Luhan got up his chair and left the kitchen.

"Oh dear," grandma said worriedly as he stared at the empty chair, "what happened? Is Luhan okay?"

"I... I am sure he is," Kyungsoo blurted out with a shy smile, "He actually does this quite often. Perhaps he just erm... Needed the toilet."

Everybody made a disgusting face as they tried their best to cover up their friend's outburst.

Sehun was the only one who didn't move or change expression.

He knew everybody was judging him so hard right now... And Luhan... He could not hurt him. Not after everything.

"I will go check up on him," Sehun said and he was about to get up when Kyungsoo stopped him.

"It's better if go now," Kyungsoo said firmly.

Sehun didn't want to cause unnecessary drama so he just silently nodded. He knew Kyungsoo would take care good care of his boyfriend.

"Well," Granny said as he started eating again not noticing the tension that made the air thick in the room, "I'm sure he is okay and, I was saying, Hana will be coming tomorrow."

"But..." Sehun started but he himself didn't know what to say.

"I need to talk to you after we're done with dinner," Grandma continued as Sehun shut his mouth without a word.

The boy just nodded and silently got up and left for the kitchen.

**********

 

"Open the door, Luhan!" Kyungsoo said as calmly as he could. He was angry. He was angry at Sehun for doing this to Sehun.

He was angry at Luhan because the boy had just walked away without a word, instead of telling grandma how things were. He didn't even question Sehun.

"Soo," Luhan said, a muffled whisper, "I am okay. I just want to sleep now."

Kyungsoo sighed and he leaned his head against the doorframe. there was no point in arguing.

He knew how Luhan felt. 

He felt betrayed. Heartbroken.

"I am sure there is some mistake," Kyungsoo tried, "I saw Sehun's safe, he was just as confused as all of us."

No answer.

"Maybe Grandma wishes for Sehun to marry her and said that...She doesn't know about you and Sehun after all...I'm sure she'll understand."

No answer.

"Talk to me, Luhan..."

Kyungsoo jumped back as suddenly the door opened and there stood Luhan.

Without thinking twice, Kyungsoo hugged his friend, holding him tight. He could not see Luhan hurt.

He was the nicest of them all and deserved just happiness.

"I'm okay, Soo," Luhan said and, to his surprise, Kyungsoo felt that Luhan was calm. 

He let the boy go and looked at his face. No expression of sadness on his face.

Nothing on his face showed that he was upset. No crying, no sadness, nothing.

With a smile, Luhan asked him why he kept staring at him.

"You don't seem..."

"Hurt?"

"Yeah," kyungsoo said shily, not sure if he was even right to say such a thing.

"Life is too short to get hurt over little stuff," Luhan said with a smile and Kyungsoo could tell it was a genuine smile.

Nothing hidden behind those eyes.

 "But..."

"I will go for a walk on the beach," Luhan said and then started walking away.

Kyungsoo wanted to stop his friend. It was evening and he was alone. But he let him go.

There was something about Luhan.

Just that evening, Kyungsoo had realized that.

There was something mysterious about Luhan.

The boy seemed to be broken but so whole at the same time.

He seemed to be filled with sadness but was the happiest person in the house.

Kyungsoo watched as his friend walked down the stairs and left.

It was strange. 

Suddenly Kyungsoo felt the need to protect Luhan more than anything.

But what was stranger was the fact that Kyungsoo himself didn't know what or who to protect him from.

**********

 

Luhan walked with his feet slightly in the water.

It had been a hot day and now the water was still warm. The sun had gone down but the glow of the moon on the water made everything a bit lighter.

He didn't really think about much as he walked. Just a few scattered memories of the past.

Of his mother, his fathers and then his friends. 

Surprisingly he didn't think much about Sehun. 

Was he just trying to avoid thinking about it, to not having to deal with it?

And then the thoughts started to creep in: had Sehun been lying to him?

Sighing as he stopped to look at the moon, Luhan moved to the sand, away from the water, and laid down.

The sky had always been this beautiful and Luhan was aware of that. Yet he could not stop himself from being mesmerized from the sky full of stars. 

Hana and Sehun.

It hurt.

The thought of having the boy he loved to marry someone else.

Just the thought of seeing them together hurt him.

Laughing to himself, Luhan sighed again.

Who had he been kidding?

He was a failure.

Hana was a successful student with a bright future.

He was ugly.

Hana was so beautiful.

He was not good enough.

Hana was everything a boy would want.

 

As h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter