Chapter 24

It's You and No One Else

 

 

“Want to go home now? I know you’re kind of tired.” Donghae asked me. It was true, I was tired. But at least I was happy. “Yeah~ a little bit. Let’s go home.” I told him, smiling. The whole time he was driving, his left hand was on the steering wheel and the other on my hand. We would exchange stories once in awhile and then laugh at each other. One time, he talked about Jessica and then I felt silent. I remembered that when they were still dating, I would always catch them making out. Ugh, I hate those memories. “Why? Is something wrong?” Donghae asked me, worried. “Aniyo. It’s just that remember the times when I would visit you in your condo before and I would caught you and Jessica kissing or something?” Donghae wasn’t able to answer. “Justwhat I thought…” I said. He squeezed my hand, stopped his car and then kissed me. “You shouldn’t be jealous of her. She was part of my past and YOU ARE MY PRESENT and FUTURE NOW. It’s you that matters.” He told me. His words calmed me down. Donghae then cupped my face and looked deeply into my eyes. “I Love You.” He whispered in my ear. I smiled and he started the engine again and drove.

 

When we got back in his condo, I smelled something fishy. Donghae and the security guard were giving out some kind of signals. And when the guard gave a thumbs up signal, Donghae assisted me toward the elevator. “What’s with you and Kim~ssi?” I asked him, suspicious. “It’s a surprise.” Donghae told me, giving me a wink. That wink made my heart melt. Damn, I hate when he does aegyo or act hot. When we got out of the elevator, he went behind me and blindfolded me. “Oppa, wait. What’s happening?” I asked, struggling. “Relax. Stay calm. Everything is a surprise.” He kissed me on my left cheek. When the blindfold was finally off, I was surprised to see how well decorated the apartment was. With all the pink balloons and pink roses, everything was just pure amazing. “So, you know I hate the color pink. But since I love you, I made this.” Pointing out the painting a beautiful pink rose. “You made that?” I said, touched. “Yep.” He answered, nodding. “Kamsahamnida Oppa~deul.” I told him. “I’ll do anything for you. Um. Sit down and I’ll show you more.” He said, directing me to the chair in the middle of the room. Everything was like a dream to me. Donghae then went outside and let a guy with a violin inside. The guy started playing the song “How Deep Is Your Love”, I almost cried. Donghae knew that it was my favorite song since forever and I once told him that if a guy wants to propose to me, I would him to play that song. And now….. he’s doing exactly everything that I dreamed of. I couldn’t ask for more until he knelt down and asked me, “Will you be my girlfriend?”  Donghae finally popped the magic question.