Immortals

Day By Day [Drabble Dump]

idk if this makes sense but anyways theyre borth immortal

 



 

The sharp knock on the door roused Youngjae from slumber, his body jumping up in surprise before he relaxed and whispered a few unkind words under his breath.

There was only one man who would seek his apartment in the middle of the night.

“Jung Daehyun,” Youngjae muttered as opened the door partly.

The man only smiled widely, showcasing his pearly whites and the attractive wrinkles around his eyes. “Good evening, little witch,” his voice was melodic and soothing, and some would even describe it as enthralling.

Begrudgingly he opened the door wider, allowing him inside his small house.

With the door firmly shut and the two standing in the living room, Youngjae had an opportunity to take a step back and look at Daehyun properly.

No injuries.

Then he could be here for only one thing. “What are you hunting?”

“A banshee.” Daehyun smiled apologetically, as he knew banshee related potions were hard to brew and the ingredients were even harder to come by.

“You can't just let it be?” Banshees were usually not bothering anyone who didn't step into their domain, which were often at desolate and abandoned places

“Someone hired me to clear it out and it's a load of cash, Jae.”

Jae. Youngjae ignored the nails digging into his palm.

“You better give me some of the money.” He grabbed a potion which would grant Daehyun immunity to the banshee's screams. “I’m not running a charity here.” Even if both of them knew Youngjae would always give Daehyun whatever he needed.

“Of course,” Daehyun grabbed the small vial from Youngjae's hand, pocketing it before stepping closer. “Jae, I-“ He hesitated, eyes unsure and mouth open enough to flash two sharp teeth. A vampire who hunts other creatures, even after 124 years he still finds this laughable.

“Out with it.” Youngjae had no patience tonight and his warm bed was calling to him.

“I'm sorry, Jae.” His eyes conveyed pain and regret, but Youngjae knew better.

He scoffed, ignoring the sick twist in his heart. “I don't want apologies.” Daehyun looked down, guilt in his face. He knew what he needed to do for Youngjae to take him back.

They had a past, and even after almost a hundred years there was still something between them.

Bur Youngjae couldn't bear lying awake at night, scared and wondering if Daehyun would come home safely from a hunt. He had walked away.

“Youngjae.” Daehyun stepped even closer, a gentle hand grasping Youngjae's.

Youngjae quickly stepped away, knew his will wouldn't be able to last much longer. “You should probably get to the banshee.”

“Yeah you're right.” Yet Daehyun didn't budge, just looked at Youngjae like he wanted to say something more, but after a few silent moments he sighed and finally turned to walk out.

“Wait.” Youngjae grabbed something from his potion shelf and threw it. Daehyun whipped around immediately, his inhuman senses making it possible for him to catch the vial before it hit the ground. “Come during the day next time.” It was a vial allowing a vampire to walk in the sun for 24 hours.

Daehyun nodded, his mouth set in a firm line, but his eyes betraying the disappointment he felt.

Soon the sound of the door closing reached Youngjae's ears and he walked to his bed, sighing loudly as he buried himself in the blankets.

Sleep didn't come easily knowing Daehyun was out there fighting. Fear of this being the last time he saw the vampire penetrated his mind. 

“I wish you'd let me go.”

Only when in solitude would he speak the words he never dared to tell Daehyun.