All Good Plans

Day By Day [Drabble Dump]

Drabble
Words: 583

Wrote this as a request :D


 

"What's this?" Youngjae glared down at the small blanket and the basket. "A night picnic? Daehyun, you know I get cold easily why would you-"

 

Daehyun put his hand over Youngjae's mouth. "Oh god, why do you always have to complain so much? Even when I'm doing something romantic." Daehyun glared at him. " my palm wont help you, I'm not scared of your spit, so sit down and eat." He finally removed his hand and with a grumble Youngjae sat down.

 

"I'm cold," he immediately said and right after Daehyun pulled out a blanket from the basket and threw it at Youngjae.

 

He then dug out a thermos. "And hot cocoa."

 

Youngjae wrapped the blanket around him and accepted the cup of hot cocoa. He had to admit his boyfriend knew him well. "Not too bad," he said, a soft smile playing on his lips as the hot beverage slid down his throat. He accepted the sandwich Daehyun gave him and they ate in silence.

 

"Should we go back home now?" Youngjae asked as soon as they both finished.

 

"We've barely been here for an hour," Daehyun sighed. "Lie down. Let's look at the stars."

 

Youngjae scoffed. "You first, I need a comfortable pillow."

 

Daehyun rolled his eyes, but complied and seconds later Youngjae was happily using the muscular biceps as he pleased while staring up at the sky.

 

"It's cloudy," Youngjae noted, he turned his head and saw Daehyun staring back at him. Slowly Daehyun moved his gaze up to the sky and a curse fell from his lips while a frown marred his face. "I think I just felt a raindrop too," Youngjae added, unimpressed. "Let's go ho-"

 

"No!"

 

Just then several rain drops fell. "Listen, we can do this another day if it is so important to you," Youngjae suggested, feeling himself soften from the obvious disappointment in his boyfriend's handsome face.

 

"But it has to be now," Daehyun mumbles.

 

And Daehyun dared to call Youngjae stubborn. "It is cold, cloudy, and rainy. This is as unromantic as it can get and is it really that important? Seriously, we can do it another-"

 

"I want to propose to you this evening!" Daehyun blurted out, his eyes widening as soon as he realised what he had just said and he covered his mouth.

 

For once Youngjae's wit failed him. "Wha-what?"

 

"I- it!" Daehyun pulled something small from his pocket and held it between his fingers. "Yoo Youngjae, will you marry me?"

 

After a full minute of awkwardly staring Youngjae felt the cogs of his brain moving again. "Is that a ring? It's too dark I can't see it."

 

"Yes it is, but does it matter?" Daehyun sounded annoyed. "Please answer the question."

 

"What does the ring look like? I'm not putting anything ugly on my fingers you know." Now Youngjae was just teasing, not even bothering to hide his grin.

 

"Youngjae, please," Daehyun groaned.

 

"Yes," Youngjae laughed loudly, ignoring the rapid raindrops hitting him. "Yes, I'll marry you if you promise me no more picnics in the rain."

 

"I promise." He grabbed Youngjae's hand and slid the ring onto his finger before standing up. "Let's go before it gets worse."

 

Youngjae couldn't resist. "Didn't you check the weather report today?"

 

"Shut up!"

 

Youngjae kept laughing, his heart thudding loudly and comfortable warmth eneveloping his heart.

 

He was getting married to the love of his life, even if the love of his life was an idiot who couldn't properly plan.