The Purge

Day By Day [Drabble Dump]

inspired by a tweet i saw about how awkward the days after The Purge night would be (ive never watched a single of the films btw i just know their concept, kinda)

this has attempted humour btw

 


 

“Youngjae?”

“Yeah?”

Daehyun leaned against the door frame as he observed the way Youngjae hastily typed on his laptop, eyes narrowed and tongue peeking out in concentration: it was a cute sight, and normally Daehyun wouldn't annoy his boyfriend when he was in the writing zone.

But

Important issues had to be talked about.

“So, I just came back from work,” Daehyun started slowly, watching as Youngjae finally looked up from the screen.

“Oh right. Did you have a good day at work?” It was something Youngjae normally asked as soon as Daehyun walked through the door, but not when he was busy writing his next best selling novel.

“Not really. One of my coworkers is missing.”

Youngjae didn't even blink. “Oh, which one?”

For a moment Daehyun stared into the seemingly innocent eyes. “Suwoong.”

No reply, not even fake surprise.

He knew something was off when Youngjae had actually decided to head out for the Purge. He hadn't done that since the faithful night the two of them met; Daehyun had been on his way home after having killed his father when he had ran into a very violent stabbing scene. The man who had brandished the knife had stood up and Daehyun swore to this day he fell in love in that moment, eyes drinking up the beautiful features bathing in the street light. Miraculously, neither had killed each other and Daehyun hadn't gone home alone that night.

So, when Youngjae had stepped out last night to participate in the Purge? Daehyun had been suspicious.

“Did you kill Suwoong?”

“Yes. I was tired of him always flirting with you,” Youngjae didn't even look remotely remorseful.

“Youngjae, you can't kill someone because you're jealous!”

The lid of the laptop was carefully pushed down and Youngjae arched an eyebrow. “Like you didn't do the same with Jaebum.”

“That was different! You actually slept with him!” Daehyun's voice was getting a little high pitched.

“We were on a break! A break you wanted! We agreed we could see other people!”

“I didn't expect you to actually do it!” Daehyun spoke in a whiny tone. “And you sure as hell wasn't broken up about it!” In fact, that Purge night had been the same night they got back together. Daehyun had shown up with bloodied clothes and reclaimed Youngjae as his. Daehyun was never ever going to make the mistake of letting go of Youngjae again. “But you shouldn't have killed Suwoong.”

“You're being stupid! It was just some dumb guy, why do you care?” Youngjae's eyes turned dark. “Don't tell me you felt something for him?”

“Of course not!” Daehyun finally took a few steps closer and sat down next to Youngjae on the couch. “I just think we should stop solving our problems by murdering people.”

“Why? That's what the Purge is for.”

“But we should talk more about it, when we have problems I mean.” He leaned close to his boyfriend and wrapped an arm around the shoulders. “Our relationship will suffer if we think murdering our issues away is the solution.”

A sigh slipped past the pretty lips and Youngjae sank into the embrace. “You're actually right, for once.”

Daehyun decided to let the last part of the sentence slip by. “So we agree that next time we talk about this rather than plan murders?”

Youngjae didn't say anything, but he hummed in reply and pressed a chaste kiss on Daehyun’s cheek; it was the affirmation he needed and he cuddled closer to his boyfriend.

“By the way, I noticed that the my favourite cafe had a missing barista today.”

Daehyun tensed and tried not to gulp.

“You wouldn't happen to know anything about that?” As Youngjae spoke, his lips tickled against Daehyun's neck teasingly.

“Um-“

“Dammit Daehyun, he was the only one who'd get my order right.”

He also would ogle and flirt with Youngjae way too much, which was worrying since his boyfriend went to the cafe every single day. It was a pre-emptive strike.

“We'll both do better from now on?” Daehyun offered meekly.

“Fine, just don't kill more baristas. I need my coffee if I'm gonna ever finish this novel.”

“Deal.”