A couple of shorts

Day By Day [Drabble Dump]

Two small drabbles, with Jongup as a guest star in both! The second one is inspired by the glorious episode in bap attack where youngup steals all the food from dae

ps: if any of u want u can always hit me up on my fic ranting (ish) acc on twt 
 


Brat
Daehyun's right eye twitched.

When he had agreed to come to Youngjae's apartment, he expected they would have some romantic alone time.

Instead, it seemed like Youngjae had agreed to watch the neighbour's kid.

And, Daehyun loved kids, but not this one.

Moon Jongup, eight years old.

“Oh hey, Daehyun!” Youngjae called cheerfully. He was seated on the floor, watching cartoons with Jongup glued to his side.

Jongup turned around, meeting Daehyun's eyes. The kid smirked and his small hands grabbed onto Youngjae tighter.

Freaking brat.

“Did you get the stuff I asked for?”

Daehyun lifted the grocery bag. “Yeah, I'll put it in the kitchen.”

“Thanks, babe!” Youngjae smiled cutely.

Now Jongup was frowning, and made a huffing sound.

It was perhaps very childish, but Daehyun poked out his tongue at the kid.

It was going to be a long day.

And it was, with Jongup using dirty tricks like fake crying so he could cling onto Youngjae and sit on his lap, and with Daehyun whining until he got kisses.

Come night, when Jongup's mother finally came to retrieve the kid, Daehyun made a mocking grimace.

Jongup scoffed, because he knew he would always lose (in the end) when it came to getting Youngjae's affections.

It was definitely immature for him to feel superior to an eight year old, but it didn't stop him from smirking and pulling Youngjae into a kiss as soon as the door closed.

Take that, brat.

 


 

 

Spoon
“Babe, want some?” Daehyun was smiling widely as he held out a spoon.

“Yeah, thanks.” Youngjae leaned in and wrapped his lips around it, making sure to get all the ice cream off it before retreating.

“Can I have some too?”

They were seated in the campus cafe, together with their mutual friend Jongup.

“Sure.”

Jongup reached out for the spoon but Daehyun was quick to pull it out of his reach. “Use your own spoon!”

Jongup blinked and did as told. “Unfair that Youngjae can use your spoon and I can't,” he said offhandedly as he got a spoonful of the vanilla ice cream.

Youngjae too was a little perplexed. Daehyun never really cared about sharing cups or utensils with his friends.

“I can't let you the same spoon as Youngjae,” Daehyun scoffed. “I wont let anyone taste my boyfriend.”

A heavy, awkward silence fell onto their table.

It lasted for several moments until Youngjae kicked Daehyun in the shin hard enough to make him yell out in pain. “That's a little too far on the possessive scale, you idiot.” Youngjae sighed.

“But, I can't-“ As Daehyun defended himself in a ramble no one in their right mind would care to listen to, Jongup quietly ate all the ice cream.

Which resulted in a lot of whining when Daehyun finally noticed, while Jongup looked oddly pleased.

Youngjae was too busy trying to ignore the man he had the misfortune of calling his boyfriend.