Family

Day By Day [Drabble Dump]

Just a small drabble

Warning: mpreg! 

 


 

Youngjae groaned out, a hand on his lower back in a vain hope it would help against the pain.

“What's wrong? Are you okay? Do I need to call the hospital?”

Youngjae groaned again, but this time in annoyance, and he fixed his gaze on the frantic looking man in front of him. “I'm fine. It's just back pain and with my stomach looking like it's about to burst, this is very normal.”

“Are you sure?” Daehyun breathed out, hand clutching the cellphone in his hand. “Maybe we should-“

“Jung Daehyun, sit the down.”

Daehyun did, dropping back down on the couch. “Maybe you should sit down, I can get-“

“I can get a glass of water by myself, jesus christ. I need to move a little, it's good for me.”

Daehyun looked like he wanted to argue, but his mouth was drawn in a thin line.

Youngjae sighed out in relief and waddled into the kitchen, getting himself a glass of water. Sipping from it, he placed his small hand on the protruding stomach and looked down.

Any day now.

It was weird to think that nearly six months ago he had found out he was pregnant, with the only possible father being Daehyun. It wasn't planned, and the two weren't even officially dating back then. It had come as a surprise, and telling Daehyun had been nerve-wrecking. Back then they moved in the same social circle, and would sometimes fall in bed together, but they weren't even friends.

Yet, Daehyun had been there every step since, and love had bloomed between them.

But god.. Daehyun could be a little too much at times.

Youngjae affectionately rubbed his stomach. “Your dad is so annoying, little angel. He is such a pain in the .” Despite the words, his voice was laced with warmth. “You're gonna get annoyed by him too, but he just has a lot of love and affection to give, so bear with it.”

As if his baby had heard, the child gave a kick.

Then, Youngjae felt something else.

His eyes widened. “Oh.” Calmly he put the glass of water down and waddled out of the kitchen, looking at Daehyun who had his eyes glued to the television.

“Daehyun?”

Immediately Daehyun looked over, eyes warm. “Yes, sweetie?”

“Get the baby bag, and the car keys. My water broke.”

At first Daehyun froze, then his mouth fell open in slow motion, then at last he sprung up. “Holy ! HOLY !”

“Dae, call down-“

But Daehyun had already came to his side, supporting him with gentle hands as he steered him out of the apartment. The baby bag was by the door, which Daehyun grabbed on the way.

No words came out of the soon-to-be-fathers as they entered the elevator, and even if Youngjae could feel a contraction coming and sweat was beginning to form on his forehead, he was quite amused by the state Daehyun was in.

“Can't this go faster! Oh my god,” Daehyun was pressing door closing the button repeatedly.

“Calm down.”

“Calm down? I'm having a baby! How can I be calm?!”

“I'm having a baby too, . Calm down, if you have a panic attack you can't drive, if you can't drive then who will cut our son safely out of me?”

Daehyun sobered then and nodded grimly, a sense of controlled calmness emanating from him.

Good.

The elevator dinged and Daehyun was a rock by his side as they walked out.

Youngjae breathed in deeply; soon they would be a family of three. His heart squeezed from joy and if he hadn't been in pain from a contraction he would be smiling.

His family.