Murders In The Dark.

Operation T.R.E.E. 2: The Cult

Word got to the T.R.E.E. Headquarters about the blood sacrifice that had taken place in a warehouse in Seoul City, Korea. This alarmed them as the motive wasn't money  nor revenge but it had a spiritual connection, some kind of religious influence and it made the agents scratch their heads as the hairs on their body stood with every detail they read.

"The boss has to know this." said one agent. Onew was in his office, already reading a transcript of the exact same copy when the agent busted in his room and interrupted his conversation with Hyunah. Hyunah and Onew were in the middle of an intense and serious discussion.

"Sir, Ma'am. I'm very sorry. Please excuse me. I have just received-"

"The news report? We got it." Onew stopped him dead in his tracks. The agent was just rambling on and on, panicking about the situation. "Tell the other agents to assemble in the meeting room. This issue can't get any bigger." The ever calm and relaxed Onew ordered his agent who immediately sprang out of the room and announced a meeting to all of the agents currently working on this case. 

"What is going on? I have no idea how this could happen. Who could've done this?" Hyunah cried in fear. Onew sighed deeply and ignored her worried question, gathering his papers and dashing out of his office filled with anxiety. Hyunah trailed behind him, almost tripping in her heels but was able to keep her balance. Hyunah too had papers in her hand and was trying to keep up with Onew's quick pace.

"Don't rush!" Hyunah said. "Wait for me." Onew frustratedly looked behind her and stared her down impatiently.

"Hurry up there!  Justice doesn't wait!" The agency boss scolded his secretary. Hyunah hurried up and trailed behind her boss who made his way to the Meeting Room. Onew pushed the wooden doors, seeing all his best and respected agents as well as the new yet promising officers inside. They were all seated down, ready to hear from their leader. Onew set his papers down and so did Hyunah. Hyunah sat on the chair to Onew's right with her legs crossed, her outfit drawing much attention from her many male admirers and some female agents who were jealous of her. Hyunah semi-pursed her small lips and blinked her eyes, batting her long eyelashes that served as a distraction to the guys. It altered their focus and made them pay more attention to her than to the mission.

"What are you looking at?" Hyunah mouthed, getting uncomfortable because of the stares. The guys turned their attention back at Onew who was discussing the issue with a bunch of papers in his hands.

"According to these reports given to us by the detectives," Onew started. "Human remains were found bloody in the warehouse, signs of murder and possible cannibalism. It couldn't be decay because it was still warm and fresh, evidence that the act was just recently performed." Upon hearing the word 'cannibalism', everyone in the room cringed with disgust and made vomiting sounds. Hyunah remained calm and professional, dealing with the matter maturely.

"Those bodies were found in the warehouse?" asked one agent. "As in the hidden warehouse in Seoul? The one that no one ever notices nor visits?!"

"Yes." Onew said. He fixed his papers and looked at all hsi agents. Nobody looked willing enough to investigate on the matter, preferring to just stare at Onew and at the documents. To them, it was too creepy to be handled. Onew fixed his papers and raised his eyebrows.

"This cannot go on longer. First, the power supply in Seoul was cut. Second, civilians began seeing strange things like blue eyed people and flying objects. Third, this." Onew pointed at the papers. 

"Sir, I'm afraid there's only one option." Hyunah said. Onew looked at her with the same sparkle and luster in his eyes. He knew what she was thinking because at this very critical and shady moment, there was only one option.

"Call in Operation T.R.E.E."


CL had just gotten home from school and was feeling down in the dumps, not in the mood to talk to anyone or do anything. Her decision to break up with Ji Young had severely affected her and his show of emotions hurt her even more. Wrapped in sadness, CL threw her bag on the floor and her body  on the bed, face first. Of course, when someone does this, you know what she's about to do. 

Why? Why? Why?! CL's thoughts screamed as she cried onto the pillow that was pressed on her face. She had to silence herself as she didn't want her mother to know that she was crying over a boy. Her moans and whispers were very soft and emotional, only between her and the pillows. CL sobbed and sobbed, almost falling asleep in her sullenness. 

RING! RING

CL was deep into her slumber when a familiar ringtone came on. She jolted awake and searched the place for the TREE Headquarters phone. 

"Where the did I place that?!" she grunted to herself with puffy eyes and a red nose, rummaging through her bags. When she finally found the source of the vibration, she pulled the phone out and answered the call of duty.


Jessica Jung still had no intentions of eating whatsoever. She had just finished throwing another dish down the toilet and flushing it down the drain for good.

"Down you go, you devil!" she grunted to it. Jessica weakly stood up and walked back to her bed with trembling feet. Even her hands were trembling because of intense hunger. She tried supressing it by drinking water and punching her stomach but it was just so hard to ignore. The grumblings had become so frequent and loud that you could actually hear it from outside. 

"Dammit I'm hungry." Jessica said as she lay flat on her back and felt her concave stomach, carefully lining the ribs and her hipbones which were protruding. It was painful, but Jessica was willing to go through it for the sake of being thin and attractive.

"I wonder how those fat people live with being fat?" Jessica asked herself, pondering upon the thought of obese people stuffing themselves with pounds and pounds of food. The thought of it made her cringe with disgust. "Gross.'" 

But nothing could be grosser than what she was putting herself through. She  may be thin but her internal organs were slowly failing and her harsh diet was  taking its toll on her body by weakening her. Right now, Jessica was just as good as a vegetable. Thin and weary all the time. 

RING! RING! 

Sounded the TREE cellphone. Jessica lazily stood up and opened the cabinet that contained her private stuff. She opened it and found the cellphone vibrating, a call waiting to be answered. The fashionista picked it up and answered it, with shivering hands and a shaking voice.


Sohee was grounded for a month by her dad because of what she had done. The brainy troublemaker was now sitting in her room without all her favorite gadgets, staring at the wall with a pencil in her hand and a sheet of paper on her study table, thinking of something she could possibly draw. Sohee had a thing for comics so she was thinking about coming up with her own superheroine.

"She could fly faster than the speed of light and has fists harder than steel!" Sohee murmured to herself and giggled. She began to draw the base image and started working on the features.

Her dad may have confiscated all her gadgets but one thing she did not allow him to confiscate was her TREE cellphone. As Sohee was drawing, venting out her frustrations, she felt a slight vibration from one of the drawers her study table had. Sohee panicked because not only did it vibrate, it also made noise! A lot of noise!

RING! RING!

Sohee scrambled in her seat, trying to find this object that was startling her and shaking her table. Opening the compartments, she frantically searched for it with hopes that her father wouldn't come up. Luckily, the first drawer contained the cellphone and she was able to answer the call that the Headquarters made.


Park Gahee was way depressed over the fact that she had to leave her hometown with her mother who was getting a divorce from her dad and study in a different university. It meant leaving friends and memories that meant so much to her. She didn't want to miss out on her friends but it seemed as though her parents were really decided. They were getting a divorce and Gahee was moving with her mom. Saddened by this fact, Gahee also spent the entire day in her room but unlike CL, she wasn't crying. She just sat angrily and thought things over.

You guys are like children! You fight over the littlest of things then make up then fight again! God! Get over it! Gahee screamed in her mind. She was just so angry she could punch the wall but Gahee was too mature to do that. She knew better than to act up. Instead of going ape in her room, Gahee just tried to stay positive and think of the good things that would come with leaving instead of being bitter about it.

You get to meet new people, new boys, see new sights. It'll be a whole different experience, I'm sure of it. Gahee tried hard to see the brighter side of things, but one ring of the TREE phone changed the way her mind was running right now. 

RING! RING!


Nicole Jung and her mother had made a lot of money from selling every single useless thing that could be found in Nicole's wardrobe. After having emptied them out and getting less and less items on their stand, Nicole was so sure she was on the right track to buying the expensive, Super VIP Super Show tickets. Her mother couldn't be any happier for her daughter who finally learned how to earn her own money.

"I am so happy, mom! I can't believe I actually earned something! Thanks so much for your help!" she hugged her mother. Mrs. Jung hugged her daughter back.

"I am proud of you, Nicole. Finally! You have put your college learnings to good use. I'm sure you'd make a fine entrepreneur one day!" Mrs. Jung said. "Now how's about we close the shop and have some punch." Mother and daughter walked back to their house to grab some cranberry pomegranate juice that Mrs. Jung specialized in. It was a great way to bond and cool down after a long afternoon of selling things.

RING! RING!

With Nicole and her mother downstairs, there was no way Nicole could hear her phone. The call was really urgent but Nicole was too immersed in her conversation about Super Junior with her mother to even pay attention to it.

"Ladies, we need you right now."  was Onew's simple yet urgent message.