Trouble, Trouble, Trouble

Operation T.R.E.E. 2: The Cult

CL went to school that day but you can tell that she was in no mood to learn nor to talk to anyone. She strode past her friends and went straight to the classroom with her books in her hands. Upon arriving, she slammed the thick accounting (she was a Management student) book down on the desk and roughly sat down on the chair. The angry and sullen expression on her face said a lot about how she was feeling though she didn't speak. CL folded her arms on the table and rested her forehead on her arm. Her friends, who had been trailing her since her stride to the classroom, followed her still and took a look at her. Just a little peek. They saw CL sleeping/crying with her head down and felt the urge to approach her, tap her lightly on the shoulder and check on her.

"She might get angry. Let's just leave her alone."

"But I don't want to. She's our friend, we have to help her."

"I don't think she wants to talk to anyone right now."

A few minutes later, the professor entered the classroom with his accounting books under one arm and a tumbler filled with coffee in the other. CL automatically sensed that the professor had entered and shot awake. Her friends saw her get up and were just about ready to approach her when she groggily brought out her things and half-slouched on the chair. 

"On second thought, maybe not."

They were smart enough to know that their friend CL cannot be talked to when she was in a sour mood. They thought of staying away with her, so did the rest of the class.CL remained quiet and took her pen and notebook, jotting down the lecture the professor presented before them. CL tried to fight the tears that were coming down from her eyes.

Don't cry , CL. Show them you're strong. Being one of the leaders in class, CL was always seen as a strong, levelheaded  person who always had a confident and ready smile on her face. Today was not one of those days as CL was too down in the dumps because of what she had discovered about her boyfriend Ji Young. Though she was able to last 10 minutes without crying, each thought of Ji Young was more painful than the first and the more she told herself not to think about him, thr more her thoughts revolved around him.

Why does everything remind me of him? she asked herself as she struggled to write down the lecture in her notebook. A droplet blotted the top right part of her notebook. Surprised, CL looked up and felt her cheeks. She removed the fingers from her cheek and looked at them. They were stained black, suggesting that her mascara had flowed with her tears.

"Great. Now my mascara's ruined!" CL sighed and rested her forehead on the table, exhausted from a night of heavy crying.


"Jessica, please come down and eat now." Mrs. Jung called on her daughter who was in her room, surfing the net for beautiful clothes, namely Tumblr. 

"In a while mom." came her reply. But in reality, Jessica just didn't want to eat. She had already eaten lunch and to her, she was only allowed to eat twice a day. Jessica remained unmoved and continued to browse for clothes on the Internet.

I already had chicken for lunch! You expect me to eat dinner?! I'm going to turn into a pig! The 95 pound journalism student grunted in her thoughts. While browsing, Jessica felt a pounding sensation in her head.

"Ow." she complained as she rubbed her temples with her index finger. Slowly but surely in small circles. The pain subsided for a while and Jessica resumed her net surfing.

"Jessica! What is taking you so long?!?!" her mother screamed. Jessica scrambled in her head to come up with a good excuse but the pressure sank even deeper. 

"Oh God, Oh God!" Jessica heard her mother's footsteps coming up, the floor making thumping sounds with every step. She hurriedly shut her laptop down and jumped on the bed and pulled the covers over her, completely cocooning her in blankets. She forcibly shut her eyes and pretended to not be feeling well so her mother wouldn't force her so much to eat. The door knob started twisting and turning and within a few minutes, Jessica's mother showed up at the doorstep.

"Why, are you sleeping?" she asked frustratingly. Jessica turned her head slowly to her mother's direction and carefully opened her eyes.

"M-Mom?" she pretended to cough and sniff. Mrs. Jung foolishly threw herself all over her daughter and tended to her. 

"Are you okay? Oh God, are you sick?" asked the foolish mother who fell for Jessica's act.

Well obviously! Not! Jessica thought nastily. "I'm feeling dizzy. I can't stand." she continued with more coughs and sniffs. Mrs. Jung rubbed her daughter's forehead and said.

"Well, you can't eat solid food. I'll just bring some soup for you, okay? Wait right here." Jessica nodded and smiled at her mother.

"Thank you mother. You're too kind." Jessica smiled at her mother and bade her goodbye. Mrs. Jung hurriedly exited her daughter's room to fetch her some corn soup. Jessica watched her mother leave and even listened to the footsteps that were going down the stairs, the sound slowly disappearing. When she was sure her mother had gone down, she dropped the act and relaxed.

My mother will seriously fall for anything! Jessica thought. She applauded herself for being able to avoid the dinner table and the addition of several pounds. Jessica couldn't deny it any longer, though. She was hungry and was craving for food. Each time she saw food, be it browsing for food and recipes on the Net or from cooking shows, she'd feel hungry. Right now, now that she was starving herself to death, everything looked delicious to her but it was still painful to her emotionally because she knew she couldn't eat them. They were delicious, yes but being y was even more delicious.

At this point, Jessica was no longer y. She had lost her health and had become and unattractive. 

"I'm back!" Jessica's mother emerged from the door with a tray containing a bowl of corn soup and a glass of water. Jessica smiled, relieved.

"Thanks mom." she said as Mrs. Jung set the tray on the table. 

"If you want dinner, just come down. I'll save some for you." Mrs. Jung exited Jessica's room and went downstairs to finish supper with her husband. Jessica stayed in her room, waited eagerly for her mother to disappear from sight and hearing. When she was sure that her mother was gone, Jessica returned to normal and grabbed the bowl of soup.

"Down the drain you go, fella!" she said, carrying the bowl of soup all the way to her bathroom. However, the delicious aroma of the soup started to enter her nose and made its way to her brain, signaling her stomach that she should eat it.

"Why are you so delicious?!" Jessica cried wanting a taste of the soup. When she was only a few inches away from the bathroom door, she put the bowl close to her lips, so close that she could slurp it. When the liquid was about to enter , Jessica pulled it away from her.

"NO! You are fat, Jessica Jung. You could use less of those calories! Control. Discipline!" Jessica hurried to the bathroom and poured the soup down the drain before temptation got the best of her. She ran back to her bed, drank the water and slept.

It's best if I just sleep so I won't see these beautiful beasts.

Later that evening, Jessica felt stomach pains as well as head pains. She was suffering because of her starvation diet.

Good girl, Jessica. You have been very disciplined. 


Sohee was not only grounded for a month, she was also banned from playing her PlayStation, using the computer, watching TV, and her dad even confiscated her phone. All Sohee could do was groan. 

"You have greatly disappointed me!" her father said. "I sent you to a beautiful school that gave you a scholarship because of your brains. I work so hard to keep you in here and how do you repay me? By rebelling against authority in the most inhumane, indecent, uneducated way! What were you thinking at the time, Sohee?! Do you have any idea what this would do to your image? Your education?" 

"I'm sorry, dad." Sohee looked down in shame and disappointment. She never really wanted her dad to get mad at her neither did she want to cause trouble. The only reason she and her friends did this was because the principal was being really abusive, oppressive and took advantage of the students and they wouldn't stand for that. However, being a part of a rowdy group, the only way of getting even they thought was to cause really messy chaos.

"Sorry can never repair what you have just done. You cost yourself your education. Your scholarship. You got expelled and if you want to go back to school, you're gonna have to pay for it yourself." her father said. 

"How?"

"You work for it." her father slammed the envelope down on the table. Sohee cringed at the impact her father's anger had on the envelope though it wasn't that much. "So you will know how hard my role in here is." Sohee watched as her father stormed out of the dining room, leaving Sohee alone to think about what she had just done. 

Great! Now what?!


"WHAT?!" Gahee cried. "What did you just say, mom?" Gahee asked as she followed her mom, who was packing her things, around. Her mother moved boxes and bags of her and Gahee's stuff.

"I said we're moving out! We're living with your grandma! I can't take your father anymore!" 

"But..but this is my home."

"This was our home."

"Mom I can't believe you're doing this!" Gahee cried, persuading her mother not to pack.

"Gahee, your father has been on a violent streak recently. He's also been drunk and drugged for a week and I am not putting up with that. Nuh-uh!" 

"Mom, this is where I live. Where we live. All the people we know and love and treasure are here!" Gahee cried, trying to reason out with her mother.

"If you think you know better then stay here!" Gahee's mom roared at her, throwing the box down on the floor. Things poured out of it and made a grumbling  noise which was deafening at this point. Gahee was taken by surprise and backed away in fear. "Go on, I'll be on my way if you think you're smarter. Live on your own." 

"I'm sorry mom. I'm just trying to be-"

"You're not thinking again!" Gahee's mom scolded. "I'm doing this for you. For us. And you want to stay?! Why? You have some boyfriend that you can't leave behind?" Gahee was infuriated at what her mom said and talked back.

"NO!" she raised her voice. "I have friends here whom I can't leave behind!"

"You will meet new friends in Gangnam." her mother said. "Besides, I never really liked your friends here. Look for more decent friends in Gangnam, okay?" her mother said as she gathered the things that fell out of the box. Gahee blinked, hurt and humiliated and bent down to help her mother pick the fallen things and place them in the box once more. 

I just can't believe we're leaving.


Nicole had already become Super Junior's number one fan 2 weeks after their debut. She had bought their records, downloaded their songs on the Internet,  collected posters and other memorabilia, and watched almost all of their live performances on YouTube. The one thing she had not been able to do yet was  see them live. In concert in person. That was her goal. To be able to catch them perform and see them face to face. 

"The tickets are too expensive." her mother said when she showed her the rates for the Super Show tickets.

"Oh mom. Please. I did well in school last term." she begged, using her good grades as a possible reason for her lenient and doting mother to buy the tickets but they just wouldn't do.

"Look honey, I know you did well and I know you want to see them live but we just don't have the money for that right now." her mother explained sweetly. "We have more important things to spend our money on and being a practical family, we have to put those first." Nicole gave her mom a disappointed look.

"I'll make my own money. I'll save money. I'll stop eating!" Nicole said, pinching her stomach. "I could lose a few pounds." And it was true. Nicole did gain a few pounds. 

"You're fine, Nicole. You don't need a diet. Plus if ever you want to diet, starving yourself by not buying food isn't the way."

"I'll sell some of the things that I don't need anymore. A garage sale." Nicole said desperately. Her mother thought about it. She is really relentless, Mrs. Jung thought. If I don't give her what she wants she's going to go on with this forever. 

"Oh. Alright." the lenient mother said. Nicole jumped up and down for joy and hugged her mother.

"THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! I LOVE YOU!!! I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!" Mrs. Jung hugged her daughter back.

"Now you start cleaning-"

"I will start right now!" Nicole leapt out of her seat and ran straight up to her room where she started digging for things that she could possibly sell. Dig here, dig there, Nicole didn't stop until she found something sellable. This proved how much she wanted to see Super Junior. 

Anything for Super Junior.