Chapter 9

The Most Beautiful Moment in Life

“So how was one-on-one tutoring with Minchan?” V asks while standing in the doorway of the bathroom as Jungkook steps out of the shower with a towel wrapped around his waist.

 

“Hyung, I told you, all we did was go over the second lesson in the textbook. You need to stop thinking anything is going to happen between us.” Jungkook looks in the mirror and starts fixing his hair.

 

“Don’t deny your feelings just because you don’t want me to say ‘I told you’ so at the end of all this” V says. This was the first time Jungkook had seen V so adamant about a “feeling” he had.

 

“You don’t even know her that well. None of us do. For all we know, she’s just a girl with great language abilities.” Jungkook says, now putting loose clothes over his perfectly sculpted body.

 

“Didn’t I tell you I had a sixth sense?” V says while closing his eyes.

 

Jungkook looks over and throws his towel at V. “Some sixth sense you have” Jungkook laughs as the towel hits V square in the face.

 

“YA!” V shouts before running over to tackle Jungkook, but he was quickly overpowered by the young maknae.

 

 

 

 

 

“Noona, come and watch us record part of our new song” Jimin says, while happily skipping in front of you right after the second group class session had ended.

 

“Yeah, don’t you want to hear our beautiful voices?” JHope says, looking over at you.

 

“Hyung, you’re not even a vocalist” V interrupts. “I should be the one saying that.”

 

“It seems like you guys are forgetting who the main vocalists of Bangtan Sonyeondan is” Jungkook cuts in.

 

“Guys no need to quarrel over trivial matters like this” RapMon says, while walking past you guys.

 

Suddenly V grabs your hand by surprise and leads you to the recording studio. You’re shocked at first because of the physical contact, but then you slowly calm down because the mood of the recording studio is very relaxed.

 

Jimin closes his eyes and takes a deep breath, preparing to warm up his voice.

 

You look over to see that Jungkook is the first one up.

 

“I didn’t record last time, so I have double the amount right? Jungkook says, speaking through the microphone so the person outside the sound proof room could hear. He gives Jungkook a nod, signaling he can start.

 

And then the most amazing thing happened. Jungkook began singing, and everything suddenly became quiet. It was as if time and space took a pause, and all you could hear was his voice, pure and warm, radiating throughout the entire studio. Of course you had heard his voice before, in music videos and concert performances, but to witness it up close and in it’s most natural state was unreal.

 

Jungkook had his eyes closed, and you could tell he was really getting into the mood. You kept gazing at him, and you really couldn’t take your eyes off. The thing that snapped you back into reality was Jimin waving his hands in front of your face when Jungkook finished singing.

 

All the members give Jungkook a proud applause, and Suga pats his shoulder when he walks out.

 

“Good job” Suga says before walking in to record his rap part.

 

Jungkook walks out and playfully hugs V and Jimin. “Try and top that” He challenges.

 

“Challenge accepted” Jimin says with a smirk.

 

Jungkook then looks over to you. When you make eye contact with him, you quickly look away hoping he doesn’t notice your awkwardness. Then he smiles and walks over.

 

“Do you like to sing?” Jungkook asks you.

 

You feel his gaze on you as he stands in front of you waiting for an answer.

 

You clear your throat. “Um, I enjoy singing, but I mostly do it at KTV to de-stress and whatnot” You answer, trying to sound casual despite your pounding heart. He was standing waay too close for you even think of relaxing.

 

“Let’s go tonight then,” V says before Jungkook could comment on your answer.

 

“Sounds good to me” Jungkook says. “We can continue our vocal contest there.”

 

“Call” V says.

 

 

 

 

You were standing outside of the BTS members’ dorm waiting for Jungkook, V, and Jimin to change and get ready for KTV. Since you had never been there and were only given an address, you were hesitant to knock on the door, afraid you had the wrong apartment. But just as you were about to ring the doorbell, 3 guys walk out in large hoodies with sunglasses and their hoods on.

 

You stare at them with raised eyebrows. “What the heck are you guys wearing?” You ask trying to suppress your laugh.

 

V just walks over, puts his arm around you shoulder and quietly shushes you.

 

“Sasaengs” Jimin says.

 

“And Dispatch” Jungkook adds, looking around to make sure no one’s secretly taking pictures or hiding behind the bushes.

 

“But it’s nighttime. Won’t people think it's more suspicious if you’re wearing sunglasses?” You say, freeing yourself from V.

 

The three guys awkwardly cough and take their sunglasses off, pretending like nothing happened.

 

Once you guys reached the KTV, the boys decided to make you walk further in front so that in case they are caught by paparazzi, you won’t become the alleged “girlfriend” in the front of a breaking news article.

 

“But with 3 guys and one girl?” Jungkook raises his eyebrow.

 

“If anything they’ll just slander her, and call her horrible things like ‘’ and ‘oppa stealer’” V says. Although Jungkook knew V was just stating a possible outcome, he couldn’t help but feel angry as he thought about what Netizens would say about you.

 

“We can just have BigHit defend her and say she’s our stylist or something,” Jimin says.

 

“You think some ARMYs won’t be jealous someone THAT pretty is our stylist?” V says rhetorically.

 

“Not all of our ARMYs are that delusional” Jungkook says. “But I agree with playing it safe.”

 

Finally you guys enter the dimly lit room with balloons and a disco ball.

 

“So what should we start with?” V says, shuffling through the list of songs.

 

“Big Bang’s Bang Bang Bang!” Jungkook jumps up excitedely.

 

The boys continue to sing a whole bunch of Big Bang songs and finally calm the mood down with Taeyang’s Eyes, Nose, Lips.

 

“Ok, lets not forget we’re here to listen to a certain someone sing” V finally says as Jungkook finishes the last note.

 

“Oh right, sorry Minchan. We always get carried away when we sing Big Bang sunbaenims’ songs” Jimin apologizes with a cute smile.

 

“Haha, it’s alright. I love seeing you guys have fun” You reply, genuinely happy to see them let loose and enjoy their time off. You know that they have very busy schedules and are always practicing, so it’s rare for them to have breaks like this.

 

“What kind of songs do you like to sing?” Jungkook asks, scrolling through the list.

 

“Well, I prefer ballads. But I don’t know that many Korean songs.” You admit.

 

“Can you sing any of Taeyeon sunbaenim’s songs? She just came out with a new album, but all her songs are pretty good.” V asks, curiously.

 

You try to think if you’ve ever heard any of Taeyeon’s songs, but before you could answer V already puts on “I”. Upon hearing the song, you realize that it’s one of the songs your roommate sings to in the shower, or at least attempts to sing.

 

Jimin hands you a mic, and you begin. You were hesitant to sing all out at first, but as you watched the colorful MV with such beautiful scenery, you really let go.

 

After you finish and open your eyes, you realize the 3 of them where staring at you with their mouths open.

 

V slowly begins to clap and Jungkook and Jimin join in.

 

“Wow, noona, you should’ve been an idol. That was amazing” Jimin compliments.

 

“Can you sing any IU songs?” Jungkook asks jumping up to select another song.

 

Now you were familiar with some of IU’s songs. She’s one of the only Korean artists that you actually listened to, not influenced by your roommate.

 

“Let’s sing ‘Meaning of you’” Jungkook says without even making sure you knew it. He was taking a chance, and secretly hoping that fate would have it that you knew the song too.

 

You begin to sing with a delicate voice. Jungkook slowly turns around and looks at you. You were too busy looking at the lyrics on the screen to notice how he was gazing at you. Never had he ever felt that way looking at a girl, not at any of the other female idols in the industry. Of course he liked IU and would mention her as his ideal type, but that was purely admiration. Gazing at you in that moment, his heart skipped a beat. He was so focused on you that he almost missed his part since the song is a duet but managed to snap back into reality.

 

“Whoa, you’re voices match well together” Jimin comments after the song is over.

 

“Sixth sense” V whispers into Jungkook’s ear.

 

“Pls” Jungkook rolls his eyes. He was still partly in denial that he was maybe, just maybe starting to develop feelings for a girl for the first time.

 

When it was finally time to go home, you drop the boys back at their dorm first.

 

“It’s unsafe for a girl to walk home alone late at night.” Jungkook says. V and Jimin nod in agreement.

 

“Ey, don’t worry about me. I always walk home alone after night class. Look the streets are still busy too. I’ll be fine. ” You say reassuringly. Despite still feeling they should walk you home, you don’t give them the chance and quickly run off. “Don’t be late for class tomorrow!” You shout back as you walk off into the distance.

 

Jungkook looks in the direction of where you were headed. Seeing you walk home alone, he almost wished he wasn’t an idol and could just take you home, walking beside you.

 

 

 

 

.......