Chapter 8

The Most Beautiful Moment in Life

“Every ARMY would go crazy if they knew how lucky you were.” Your roommate says while stepping out of the bathroom after her shower. “You had lunch with them AND watched their dance practice?!”

 

“Well, they invited me to stick with them. What was I supposed to do? Reject the offer?” You reply lying on your bed. It was the evening and you had just gotten back from night class.

 

“No, of course not. You did well, agreeing to more interaction. Cause we both know you tend to reject social situations.” She sighs. “So did anything interesting happen while you were talking to them? Did you find out stuff about their personalities?” She walks over and sits at the edge of your bed, waiting for you to reply.

 

“Well, they’re all super nice and just as dorky in real life as they are in videos. Ummmm…” You try to think of more things to say. Suddenly you remember the way Jungkook was acting, but you weren’t sure if you should tell your roommate about the incident. In the end, you decided to, just to hear what she has to say about it.

 

“He took his shirt off in front of you?!” She says after you describe what happened. She frowns and looks like she’s thinking. “From what I know, Jungkook is shy around idol girls, he’s pretty flirty around fans though. It’s hard to say how he feels about you right now. We’ll just have to wait and see.”

 

 

 

 

 

Back at the BTS dorm, the members were having a midnight snack and chatting about random topics.

 

“You know it all, you're my best friend” V sings his line from Spring Day while trying to get Jungkook to share some of the chips he was hogging. Jungkook finally gives in and hands V the bag of chips.

 

“Ya, how come my aegyo never works on you?” Jimin complains, looking at the now happy child-like V with his delicious chips.

 

“Hyung aegyo is not aegyo when you do it all the time. It’s like you’re constantly in your aegyo state.” Jungkook explains. “Then it’s not aegyo anymore, it’s just your natural personality.”

 

“As expected from our savage maknae” Suga comments.

 

“It’s like the time he told me my who life is awkward” Jin adds, sighing.

 

“Our Kookie always acts sweet and innocent, but we along with the ARMYs knows it’s only an act,” JHope says laughing.

 

“Nah, he has his sweet and innocent side, and he also has a darker side. It’s normal for boys his age.” RapMon says.

 

“Oooo, like today when he took his shirt off in front of Minchan” JHope giggles.

 

“She grew up in America, I was just assuming it’s not a big deal for her since shirtless guys walk around the street all the time.” Jungkook defends. Although he sounded confident, he was secretly wondering why he did that in front of you too. He wasn’t sure what had gotten into him then; it was almost like he wanted to impress you with his lean, muscular body.

 

“Eh, cut the excuses” V butts in. “You know you wanted to do it” V grins. “It’s a male’s natural instinct when they want a female for themselves.”

 

“Hyung!” Jungkook shouts embarrassed at what V just said.

 

“Alright, alright, stop teasing the boy” RapMon comes in, defending Jungkook. “Let’s all get some sleep before practice tomorrow. Don’t forget we have a recording session.”

 

 

….

 

 

 

The next day the manager calls you and, to your surprise, tells you you’ll only have a one-on-one tutoring session with Jungkook that day.

 

“The rappers are composing, and the vocalists are recording first.” The manager explains.

 

“But isn’t Jungkook the main vocalist?” You interrupt before he could explain. You were confused as to why Jungkook needed to prioritize English lessons over a song recording.

 

“Our songwriter is still trying to perfect his part of the song, so he can’t start recording yet.” The manager explains. “From now on, you’ll have one-on-one tutoring with him 3 times a week. Is that ok?”

 

“Ye- Yes” You answer, almost faltering a bit. You were starting to get a little bit nervous thinking about tutoring Jungkook without the other members.

 

When he hangs up, you grab your backpack and head over to BigHit’s company building in Gangnam.

 

You walk into the small classroom and sit waiting for Jungkook to arrive. You notice that your heartbeat is a bit quicker than usual, but scold yourself for getting so nervous. You had many thoughts racing around in your head, and you refuse to acknowledge that you were maybe, perhaps developing feelings for the BTS maknae. Stop it. You tell yourself. He’s an idol with many fangirls, I can’t think of him in that way.

 

Just as you were forcing yourself out of your thoughts, you hear the doorknob click. You stare as Jungkook walks in and bows greeting you.

 

“Good Morning, Jungkook” You say, trying to act as normal and calm as possible.

 

“Morning, sungsaengnim. What will we be learning today?” Jungkook says while sitting perfectly straight in his seat and looking at you with an extremely cute smile.

 

Just before your mouth drops at how handsome he looked in a school uniform, you snap back into reality. You clear your throat and manage to say you guys will be continuing on to lesson 2 of the textbook. Why does this kid have to make it so hard on me? You think to yourself as Jungkook obediently opens his textbook.

 

“Do you have a boyfriend?” Jungkook suddenly says, snapping you straight out of your thoughts.

 

Your mouth is now hanging wide open, and you don’t even know how to respond. Why the heck was he even asking such a question, right out of the blue too!

 

“Sungsaengnim, you should act the role of the girl in the dialog,” Jungkook says while waiting for you to reply.

 

You look down and notice that lesson 2 was about dating, and realize that Jungkook was just reading from the textbook and not actually directing the question at you. Your face immediately turns red. What was I thinking? Of course he wouldn’t ask me a question like that!

 

“Oh uh, sorry I must still be tired from class last night ” You explain, hoping he can’t hear your thoughts.

 

Jungkook nods and proceeds to read from the textbook.

 

 

...

 

 

 

“That boy was 80% fetus like 3 years ago and then BAM he became pure hotness.” Your roommates shakes her head. “His body is no joke. Have you seen those thighs that can choke the whole fandom?!?! Damn, that boy’s going to age like fine wine.”

 

You walk into your apartment, and see your roommate and her friend, Sooyeon watching BTS evolution videos.

 

“Hey, Minchan” Sooyeon greets you when she sees you walk in.

 

“Hi” You smile back.

 

“So I heard about your new job” Sooyeon says. “Congrats, I would kill to be you, haha. How are they in real life?”

 

“Haha, they are really well mannered and hard working. Pretty dorky as you probably already know” You reply.

 

“Are you going to tell us more about you and Jungkook?” Your roommate asks, closing her laptop and preparing to hear you spill more info.

 

“There’s nothing special between Jungkook and I” You reply, trying to avoid the subject. “He’s working really hard to perfect his English for international ARMYs, and that’s all there is to it.”

 

Your roommate gives you a look, not fully believing that there was absolutely nothing going on.

 

“Well, let us know if anything interesting happens” Sooyeon says. “Come on unnie, let’s watch more videos.” She says, turning back to your roommate.

 

 

 

.......