Chapter 6

The Most Beautiful Moment in Life

You took a deep breath before you were about to reach over and turn the doorknob to enter the room where the BTS members were waiting to meet you as their new language teacher. You stuck your hand out, but quickly pulled back before you could open the door. You were trying to convince yourself that this isn’t going to be that hard, and that you shouldn’t be feeling so nervous. What if they don’t think I’m good enough? You think to yourself.

 

“You’re not going to go in?” Rap Monster says, startling you from behind.

 

“Oh..uh…I mean, I was…” You turn around stuttering. The guy almost gave you a heart attack right there. Wasn’t he supposed to be inside?

 

“Don’t worry, we don’t bite” He winks and reaches in front of you to open the door.

 

You look in almost blinded by the warm sunlight that was shinning through the open curtains of the room. The members started to come into view one by one as your eyes adjusted to the brightness. They were all standing nice and straight with friendly smiles on their faces.

 

RapMon gently puts his arm behind your back and introduces you to the members.

 

“Kids, meet our new sungsaengnim” He begins, signaling for you to do a self-introduction.

 

“Hello, my name is Jung Minchan and I’ll be your language teacher for the next few months.” You say while bowing 90 degrees.

 

The boys all bow in greeting.

 

Then they proceed to introduce themselves one by one.

 

“I’m Kim Seokjin” Jin begins before being interrupted by Jimin.

 

“Ya, I think she knows who we are” Jimin says. He looks over at you with a smile and waves. “She’s an ARMY remember?”

 

“Still it’s polite to do a proper introduction” Suga says. “Min Yoongi” He continues.

 

“I’m your hope-” JHope begins before realizing he’s doing the wrong introduction. He clears his thoat a little embarrassed. “I mean, hi, I’m Jung Hoseok.”

 

You can’t help but giggle a little at his excitement.

 

“Park Jimin” Jimin says while giving you a sort of seductive look before smiling his famous eye smile.

 

“Kim Taehyung” V says, not taking his eyes off of you, and his lips slightly. Thank god your roommate warned you that V liked to do that a lot, or else you would’ve thought he was trying to flirt with you right there.

 

“Jeon Jungkook” Jungkook says with a small smile, looking you in the eyes before looking back at Rap Monster.

 

You turn to look at Rap Monster too.

 

“Kim Namjoon, but I’m sure you already knew that” He says with a grin.

 

“Ah, thank you all for your introductions. It was very helpful, since I’m fairly new to the ARMY fandom.” You say, trying to sound slightly formal, knowing you’ll be a teacher to them.

 

“Oh, so sungsaegnim is not too familiar with us?” JHope says before breaking into random dance mode.

 

V starts to make goofy faces, Jin attempts to dance awkwardly, and Jimin and Jungkook cover their eyes in embarrassment. Suga’s poker face hasn’t changed, but you’ve seen enough videos of them to know that he can be pretty goofy too.

 

You laugh at how dorky they were being while trying to cover your mouth.

 

Suddenly Jimin raises his hand like he’s a student in a classroom. “Sungsaegnim, may I ask what year you were born in?”

 

“Jimin-ah” RapMon sighs. “You can’t ask a girl for her age like that.” He gently facepalms.

 

“I just wanted to make sure we address her by the right title outside of class. We can’t just call her teacher all the time.” Jimin defends.

 

“Haha, it’s ok. I’m not bothered by these things,” You say. “I was born in 1994”

 

You notice that Jungkook, V, and Jimin have surprised looks on their faces.

 

“So you’re a noona to us?” V says, raising both eyebrows. “You look so young, I swear I imagined being an oppa.” He makes a “what is life” sort of face.

 

“But if she was younger than Jungkook, wouldn’t it be embarrassing to have her as our teacher?” JHope suddently comments.

 

“Yeah, for Jin hyung” Jimin says while laughing.

 

“Ya, you want to die?” Jin says, making a fist at Jimin. Jimin pretends to run away and hides behind Jungkook.

 

“Well, we’re all around the same age so we should be comfortable with each other.” Rap Monster says. “Please make yourself at home, manager says you can observe our practices if you would like to, since class will only be a couple of hours a day”

 

“Manager told me I have to have one-on-one English lessons with sungsaegnim because he wants me to cover more English songs,” Jungkook suddenly says. He was really quite up until that point, so his comment surprised you as well as the other members.

 

“Of course” V says, while patting Jungkook on the shoulder and nodding.

 

“Of course.”

 

 

 

.......