Chapter 4

The Most Beautiful Moment in Life

The concert started off with their newest song “Not Today” to get everybody's energy high and build excitement. Then a couple of members had solo performances of their songs from the Wings album. It continued with I Need U, Dope, Boy In Luv, and more solos, followed by N.O, Run, Fire, and more solos. Then they went into special performances of Save Me and Blood Sweat and Tears, and finally concluded with Spring Day.

 

By the end all 7 BTS members seemed competely exhausted and were glistening with sweat, but still had beaming smiles on their faces. You could tell they really enjoyed performing and were incredibly grateful for the support of ARMYs. The fans were wild, some of them screaming at the top of their lungs and others breaking down into tears when RapMon was giving a very well thought out speech. The fanchants were also no joke, and you even joined in on the fun because what the heck, right?

 

When the lights finally dimmed and the boys walked backstage, a lot of the fans were disappointed even shouting “don’t go” and “we love you” in Korean.

 

“Come on” Your roommate says while grabbing your arm. “It’s time to put these tickets to use backstage.” You look at her confused, but then remember that the VIP passes had one more perk, and that was meeting the boys up close after the concert.

 

When you guys reach the backstage area, you look at the crowd of only 20 fans, which was much smaller than the VIP crowd that you had entered with for the sound check.

 

“Where are all the others?” You ask looking around, noticing all the excited giggles and whispers as the small group of fans waited for BTS to come out of their changing rooms.  “Are we just super early?” You look at your roommate who's quickly rushing over to get in line. 

 

“Haha” Your roommate laughs, slapping your shoulder enthusiastically. “I forgot to tell you, I was lucky enough to get the VVIP tickets. The VIP tickets don’t get you this close to the boys” She proudly grins and crosses her arms. “Thankful you have a skilled ARMY as a roommate, right?”

 

“Hehe, sure” You pretend to roll your eyes, but couldn’t hide the excitement you were feeling as well. The concert really got you pumped up, and you had to admit you were ever so slightly starting to develop fangirl feelings for the boys. The performance was definately one of the most incredible things you've seen in your life, and even watching all those videos online could not compare to seeing the choreography live. It was utterly mindblowing. 

 

“Hey!” You turn around to see the international ARMYs walk up to you. “We were looking for you, don’t forget you still have to translate for us.” One of them says, nudging your shoulder. “I couldn’t talk to Jimin in Korean if my life depended on it.” She jokes in English.

 

“Yeah, no problem” You reply with a smile. Suddenly another girl asks you if you could translate while she spoke to Jungkook, and of course you agree, but for some reason, you get a little more nervous at the thought of speaking to Jungkook. It was strange, but it almost felt like you were subconciously more self concious.

 

When it was finally time for you guys to line up to meet BTS, you peer over to see the 7 boys sitting at a long table in the front. They were sitting in order according to age from what you could tell, since Jin was first and Jungkook was last. The international ARMY girls were in front of you, and you quickly followed behind as they made their way to the table.

 

As you guys walked up, Jin gave you guys a warm smile and a friendly wave with his hand. He was definitely really handsome, and his shoulders were, as expected, really wide, as your roommate had told you before while describing his traits.

 

“International ARMYs, welcome! I’m so thankful that you came all the way to Korea to see us. Hope you enjoyed the concert” Jin says in Korean slowly, while I translate to the girls. After hearing me speak English, Jin looks at you in surprise. “ Whoa, daebak. You’re fluent in English?” He asks, turning to look at you with wide eyes. Suga sitting next to him also turns to look at you curiously. “Yes” You reply, and explained to him how you grew up in the US. He claps his hands before giving you a thumbs up, impressed and moves on to the next fan waiting behind you.

 

When you and the International ARMYs reach Rap Monster, there was no need for you to translate, so you guys just comfortably exchanged a few words in English. He was also very polite and his English was on point. 

 

“Wow, you’re so pretty” JHope says in English while looking at you. You blush and thank him for his compliment and tell him that he’s really handsome too, in Korean. “Oh, you speak perfect Korean?” He asks surprised yet again. Right then, Jimin looks over and smiles, with his eyes turning into half moons. “She’s your style?” Jimin jokes, his eyes dissappearing into crescent moons. JHope gives you a thumbs up and nods impressed.

 

“Ok, Jimin is next.” The international ARMY who was a Jimin stan says turning to you. “Tell him, that he’s been my favorite ever since BTS debuted, and I’ve even taken up dancing because of him, and that he’s amazing in every way, shape, and form, and I will always support BTS. Also tell him when he comes to America, I can show him around and we can have the best time ever.” She instructs. You translate word for word, and Jimin just smiles the entire time. “Oh, thank you very much” Jimin replies in cute accented English. He turns to the girl and giving her an ok sign with a killer smile. She squeals and covers .

 

You look over to see that V and Jungkook were last up. They were still busy talking to the fans in front of you guys, but you could tell that they were really close, whispering in each others’ ears while interacting with fans. When you approach them, V looks up and pretends to gape in awe. Jungkook notices V’s reaction and looks at you too, but unlike V he seems a tad bit shyer and quickly lowers his gaze, clearing his throat. 

 

“Whoa, I heard you could speak fluent English.” V says while clapping his hands, showing that he was impressed. “We need to be more like you and study hard.” He continues complimenting your language skills. You smile and encourage them by telling them they can surely achieve their goals. “But you look non-Korean” V suddenly says, changing the topic abruptly. He stands up and leans towards you, closely studying you face. You feel a little uncomfortable at how close he was, scrutinizing your face like you were a painting hanging on the wall at an art gallery, but then remembered your roommate saying that V has a strange 4-D personality, so this was probably normal for him.

 

“I’m mixed, Chinese-Korean,” You explain quickly, hoping he would stop examining you. V makes an O with his mouth understandingly and nods his head, seemingly still deep in thought. 

 

“Isn’t that still East Asian?” You hear Jungkook suddenly say. You turn to notice that the boy is looking at you now. His dark doe eyes filled with genuine curiosity. There was a sparkle in them that you couldn't quite describe, but you find it hard to look away. 

 

You were a little taken aback by his comment. “I guess so?” You reply smiling, feeling a bit awkward after realizing what you said probably didn't make much sense. What were you thinking? As if being Chinese-Korean would look THAT different from being full on Korean. You mentally scold yourself.

 

You look at Jungkook who smiling with his teeth showing now. You notice that his front teeth are very bunny-like, and his delicate features scrunch up a little because of his wide grin. “I think it makes you more beautiful” he says, making you transition from feeling awkward to being slightly embarrassed now. Your cheeks flush a light pink at his remark, forgetting for a second that he probably compliments all of his fans in the same way. 

 

“Thank you” You reply shyly. Before you could return the compliment and tell Junkgook that he’s even more handsome in real life, a girl rushes up besides you. You turn to see that it was the Chinese ARMY you met earlier that day.

 

“Translate for me,” She says to you in Chinese. You nod despite being surprised at how she suddenly turned up.

 

“She says she’s been an ARMY since the I Need U era, and really admires your dancing and singing abilities. She also hopes you guys will have more concerts in China, and that you don’t forget about Chinese ARMYs. Of course, she’ll always support and love BTS and hope you guys learn Chinese so Chinese ARMYs can communicate with you.” You translate the long, and clearly thought out speech the Chinese fan prepared. Jungkook looks at you smiling and V is again in a state of awe beside him.

 

“Tell her that I’m grateful for her support and that we will try our best to go to China more.” Jungkook says. After you translate, the Chinese fan nods and smiles.

 

Just as you were about to walk away to make room for the next fan in line, you hear Jungkook ask for your name. 

 

“My name is Minchan. Jung Minchan.” You reply turning back to see that he was still looking at you.

 

“Nice to meet you, Minchan. Thank you for translating, you are very amazing,” He says, making you blush yet again. He turns to focus on the next fan, leaving you feeling relieved but still giddy from the interaction. 

 

Just as you were about to catch up with your roommate, a man, who you guessed was BTS’s manager approaches you. He was wearing casual clothing, and you would've assumed he was a male fan or something if it hadn't been for the manager badge on his shirt. 

 

“I saw that back there.” He says, standing in front of you, blocking you from exiting and finding your roommate. 

 

“What?” You ask confused. You look at his sort of expressionless face, not sure what he was talking about. 

 

He signals for you to follow him, and you start getting anxious thinking maybe you broke some sort of rule. You were frantically trying to think of an explanation of how you didn’t know how backstage procedures worked, and how you were a new fan and didn’t know any better.

 

The manager takes you to a room near the dressing area where there were some other employees part of the crew. “This girl is fluent in Korean, English, and Chinese. I think we can offer it to her.” The manager says to one of the guys in a suit, without even turning back to explain anything to you.

 

“Well, we’ll have to make sure she’s willing.” A women said, nodding her head in your direction, noticing the confused look of fear on your face. 

 

“Oh right” The manager chuckles and finally turns back to face you. “We are looking for a language tutor for the members of BTS, as well as a person who can translate during interviews. I saw what you did back there, and it was quite impressive. Would you be willing to take the job? I know it sounds like a lot to handle, but I’m sure any ARMY would love the position if they had to ability to take on the task and was offered an opportunity like this.”

 

After he finished explaining, your eyes widen and you had to take a moment to register it all. At first you were questioning whether your Korean ability had failed you, and you didn’t actually hear what you heard because it sounded so impossible. Was this guy really offering you a job to teach BTS English and Chinese or is he pulling some crazy joke?

 

“Give her some time” The guy in the suit says, noticing that you reached a state of speechlessness.

 

“Well, put some serious consideration into it, and try to get back to us as soon as possible. We’ve been trying to find someone to fill this position for quite sometime now.” The manager sighs and hands you his business card before pointing in the direction to exit the room.

 

You were still in a state of shock as you walked out back to your roommate who was now waiting for you. You also notice that the BTS members had already left the table and most of the fans had dispersed.

 

Wait till she hears about this….you think to yourself as you prepare to explain the events that just happened to your roommate.

 

 

 

.......