Chapter 15

The Most Beautiful Moment in Life

“Sungsaengnim, You’ve never biked along the Han River?” JHope looks at you surprised.

 

You were in the middle of class when the members brought up outdoor activities they liked to do. English Lesson 5 was about sports and activities, so it was natural that they would lose focus on the text and start chatting about fun things to do in Seoul.

 

“I prefer camping” V says, spacing out a little. He was clearly back in 4D mode and thinking about a million other things they could do in Seoul, but of course because they were well known celebrities, a lot of the normal stuff was off limits. Even going to Hongdae or Myeongdong would be a risk since its always packed with tourists and probably quite a few international (mostly Chinese) ARMYs. 

 

“Ya, that’s more of a couple thing” Jimin says with a mischievous smile. 

 

“Camping in the woods up in the mountain?” You ask confused as to why that was more of a couple thing than biking along a river. Growing up in the United States, you had only gone camping on a couple of occasions, so for you camping involved setting up a tent out in the mountains, preferably near a lake, and going canoeing, fishing, swimming and/or hiking and then roasting marshmallows and making smores at night around a vibrant, warm campfire. 

 

“No, no” Jin says, shaking his head. “In Korea, camping is just setting up a tent in the park and participating in different activities. It’s usually either a couple or family thing.”

 

“Ahh” You nod, remembering that Korea had a weird obsession with camping in parks located in the city. It was quite the cultural shock when you had first heard about this strange activity, but it soon became just a normal Korean thing amongst all the other weird obsessions in the country.

 

“We should go out and do something,” JHope says. “I’m tired of spending whole days locked up in BigHit.” He had a point there, the boys spent most of their days with their schedules packed with either dance practice, recordings, or filming CFs and MVs. 

 

“What happened to ‘we need to practice hard for our ARMYs’?” Jungkook asks, jokingly. He was sitting in the back of the room near the window, aka the infamous seat where every loner kid in every high school anime sits in. 

 

“I think our Hobi has a point” RapMon interrupts. “It’s bout time we changed things up a little.”

 

“Bike, bike, bike” JHope chants with a delighted look on his face. He seemed really energetic today, but then again, JHope is always the bright and bubbly moodmaker, so it wasn't surprising at all when he suddenly stood up and started hopping around the room trying to get everyone to agree with his plan.

 

“I’m down, if everyone else is” RapMon says, getting up from his seat and stretching out his arms.

 

After a bit of debate and raucous conversation, they finally settle on going biking. Jimin was getting pretty excited too and started dancing freestyle while V sang some parts of Baepsae and danced along with him. Soon, Jungkook and JHope joined in on the fun and it quickly became another "BTS try not to laugh video" in the making.  

 

“So we’ll start on the outskirts of the city, and by the time we reach Rainbow Fountain Bridge, it’ll probably be dark and we can enjoy the water show.” JHope explains when they finaly calm down and remember the original plan. You could tell he was really looking forward to it by the way he planned out everything to the last detail.

 

“What about Minchan?” Suga suddenly asks, looking over to where you were standing observing their conversation and previous derp show. You were surprised that he even brought you up, since he usually looks like he doesn’t care.

 

Everyone turns to look at you, embarrassed that they forgot you were still in the room and it was technically still the middle of class.

 

“She can come with us,” V says, nonchalantly.

 

“If she so desires” RapMon says looking at you with a slight grin.

 

You look at the members, all waiting patiently to hear your response. You notice Jungkook turns to look out the window. He looks deep in thought. Does he want me to go? Or would he rather spend quality time with just the members? You think to yourself. You had recently been feeling like you were maybe getting too involved in his life, and didn’t want him to think you were invasive.

 

“Say yes, noona!” Jimin finally shouts when he noticed you were being indecisive.

 

“Oh, ok then” You say hesitantly. You look around and see all the members smiling at you. Jungkook turns back and looks at you before looking down. You could see his lips curve slightly into a smile before going back to his normal calm state.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Jung Hoseok!” Jin shouts when he realizes how far they are from downtown Seoul. “How are we going to bike back before nightfall?” He complains,clearly out of breath and trying to catch up to the others. He was desperatly trying to pedal as fast as he could, but Jin of course is not exactly the most athletic in the group. 

 

“This is what happens when we leave the plans to our resident goofball” Suga comments. He was slighly infront of Jin, but still behind the rest along with RapMon. 

 

“Well, if you guys bike faster, we’ll make it” JHope shouts back from his position in front of you.

 

Jungkook, Jimin, and V were up ahead leading the pack. And of course Jungkook was first in line, enjoying the cool breeze on a sunny day. He didn't even bother to see if the hyungs were alright because him, Jimin, and V were playfully having a race of some sort.

JHope wasn’t too far behind those three, but RapMon, Suga, and Jin were struggling to catch up. You were stuck between JHope and the hyung line, so you had to deal with all their playful bickering.

 

“Guys it’s beautiful over here!” You hear Jungkook shout from waaaay up front. You look over and notice the grass that was slowing beginning to turn green again, signalling it was almost spring and some wild flowers in the field. You look to your right side and see the Han River, calmly flowing and sparkling under the warm sunlight.

 

You were in the midst of enjoying the view and the nice weather when you suddenly hear a pop and is forced to stop.

 

“What was that?” You ask, surprised. The hyungs stop behind you and look at your bike.

 

“Looks like your tire popped” Suga says, pointing at your back wheel that is completely flat now.

 

“Oh no” You say disappointed. Of course this would happen to me of all people. You think to yourself, trying to figure out if there could be a bike repair shop nearby or some other way you could get a spare tire, but all you could see was empty grasslands and Seoul in the distance.

 

“Hey guys, stop for a second!” RapMon shouts to the maknae line, who stop and turn back.

 

“What happened?” V asks when they reach the spot you were at. He was breathing heavily, with a few drops of sweat on his forehead. Jimin curiously peaks at you from behind him. 

 

“Take a look for yourselves.” Jin says.

 

Jungkook walks over with a worried look on his face. “Did you get hurt?” Jungkook asks, concerned. He looks at you closely from head to toe. His face so innocent with a hint of worry. You could feel the nerves crawling up your spine as you stood tensly under his examining gaze. You were about to say you were fine and it was just the tire on your bike, but luckily RapMon steps in to do it for you. 

 

“The bike, son, the bike” RapMon says, and some of the members begin to laugh.

 

“Oh” Jungkook says coughing a little and turning to the bike instead. If you weren’t staring at his face, you would’ve missed the slight redness showing up on his cheeks for a few seconds.

 

“What do we do now?” Jimin asks, looking around to see if there was anything.

 

“We’re too far from any bike shop that could fix this” JHope says, looking around to try and figure something out.

 

“Aish, and it’ll take FOREVER to walk back.” Jin says, scratching his head.

 

“Foorreevvvver, we are young” V sings his part in “Young Forever” happily.

 

All the members playfully push him, scolding him for being goofy in a situation like this.

 

“I can take her,” Jungkook suddenly says.

 

All the members look at him. You even look over with your eyebrows raised, surprised and almost at loss for words.

 

“It might be the only option,” RapMon agrees, sighing.

 

“No, that’ll be too hard on your body” You quickly say. You think about how much extra energy it would require to bike with another person sitting in the back. “And you just recovered from a fever” You remind him. You were trying to avoid such a close situation because god knows how nervous you would be sitting in the back of Jungkook's bike. 

 

“Don’t underestimate our golden maknae” Suga says from behind you, almost making you jump because you were still in thought, trying to come up with excuses as to why Jungkook taking you would NOT be the best option at the moment. 

 

You’re still unsure of allowing Jungkook to do this, but the members ALL reassure you that it’s the best (and only) option they have, since Jungkook was the strongest and fastest. They even joked about how slowing the maknae down would do all of them justice, and make it easier to keep up.  

 

Before you could come up with another excuse to refuse, they all hop back on their bikes and bike off one by one with smiles on their faces, while you're just left with Jungkook.

 

“Come on” Jungkook says, signaling for you to get on the back. He was already in position to head off, seemingly not noticing how hesitant you were and uneffected by what he was about to do, which blew your mind in some sense because how could this kid just be so calm when you were literally shaking from nerves. 

 

You stand there and look at the back seat. Hesitant and feeling your heart beat quickening.

 

“The longer you take, the harder I’ll have to work to catch up” Jungkook says, pointing at the members who are all biking into the distance.

 

You finally make up your mind and get on. Jungkook starts to pedal. He starts out slow by quickly gains speed. It was scary sitting in the back because you felt like you were going to fall off.

 

“Hold on” Jungkook says.

 

You look at the back of his head. Hold on? To what? You think to yourself frantically. There was literally nothing to hold onto back there.

 

Jungkook smirks and accelerates. You feel that you’re about to fall backwards and intuitively wrap your arms around his waist. It happened so fast you didn’t even have time to think about what you were doing.

 

You were so embarrassed, but too afraid to let go. You were able to feel how hard his abs were, and it made you blush like crazy. Thank god he can’t see my face right now. You think to yourself. Little did you know, Jungkook was grinning too. Because the boy knew his body was to die for, and he knew you were probably really impressed with his toned muscles right about now. 

 

You guys finally caught up to the other members. You were still basically backhugging Jungkook and trying to hide your red face from the members.

 

“Ya, how can you bike faster than us with almost double the weight?!” Jin shouts, his eyes were wide and his mouth was open as you and Jungkook quickly pass the hyung line.

 

“We can’t compare ourselves to him” RapMon reminds Jin. “He’s golden”

 

When you guys pass JHope and reach V and Jimin, the sun was beginning to set.

 

"Noona, look at the sky" Jungkook says, pointing at where the sun was slowing dropping behind the mountains. The sky was really beautiful; it had layers of pink, blue, purple above the clouds.

 

You were finally starting to calm down from the nerves earlier because Jungkook's warm body and his playfulness really made you feel relaxed. You breathe in the wind rushing past your face. It smelled of fresh air with hints of fruity floral perfume. You realized that scent came from Jungkook, and smile hugging him tighter. 

 

“We’re here!” V announces as you guys reach, the famous bridge. The sun had already gone down and the lights in the city of Seoul were slowly beginning to come on.

 

“Ya, this feels so good” Jimin exclaims, spreading his arms out like a bird.

 

You finally hop off the bike when Jungkook stops.

 

“I’m sorry you had to take me, but thank you” You apologize and thank Jungkook.

 

“Ay, you were so light, I forgot you were even back there” Jungkook jokes. He smiles at you, again making the world stop for a moment. I don’t think I’ll ever get over how charming this kid is. You mentally sigh and look away towards the bridge.

 

JHope and the hyung line finally arrive, panting and covered in sweat.

 

“Finally” Jin says, in between his heavy breathing. “Next time let’s just go camping.” He says, making everyone laugh.

 

The water show finally begins, and you see a crowd of people start to gather. There were mostly couples, and normally this type of scene would make you feel like you were going to die alone one day, but standing with the BTS members really comforted you.

 

It was a perfect day with a loving group of friends.

 

You prayed that this moment would never leave your memory.

 

 

 

.......