Chapter 13

The Most Beautiful Moment in Life

“WhooooHoooooo!” Jungkook shouts as he races toward the ocean waves.

 

“Hobi hyung, wait for me” Jimin shouts while chasing after him.

 

You were sitting under an umbrella on the sand watching them goof around. Jimin had a wife beater on which put his biceps on display. Although he had a small stature, his lean muscles made up for whatever he lacked in.

 

Jungkook’s white shirt was completely soaked by the time he walked back to the sand area you were relaxing in. Jimin was equally as wet.

 

“Kookie-ah, if you wear a white shirt and get it wet like that, it’s no different than not wearing a shirt at all,” JHope says, complaining about Jungkook exposing too much. “We have ladies over here” He adds, referring to you and the other female staff members.

 

You look up at Jungkook and notice that his wet shirt was now sticking to his torso, outlining every curve of his lean muscles. That boy had amazing abs. You start to feel your face heat up and quickly turn away to focus on the waves of the ocean and the children playing in the water. Even with such a pure scene in front of you, you could not clear the image of Jungkook’s hot body from your mind.

 

“Hyung, we’re in the U.S., and it’s not like I’m stripping” Jungkook says.

 

“Here, cover yourself with this” Jin says, while tossing Jungkook a towel.

 

“Guys, let’s play volleyball” V suddenly says.

 

“Yeah!” They all agree.

 

“RapMon and Jin should be team captains.” V says.

 

“What a surprise, I finally get some respect around here” Jin says proudly.

 

“It’s because you and RapMon hyung are both equally the weakest link, so it’s only fair.” Jungkook says with a mischievious grin.

 

“Ya!!” Jin shouts. “I know, I’m not choosing you to be on my team.”

 

Everyone laughs, except Jin.

 

“Well then, I’m going to go ahead and take Jungkook” RapMon says still laughing.

 

The teams were finally split, with 3 to 4, when the boys finally realized they’re odd numbered. You mentally facepalm at how they forgot they were a 7 membered group.

 

“It’s fair because the team with 3 members has Jungkook” JHope says, while looking at RapMon, V, and Jungkook who were standing on the other side of the net.

 

“Fine with me” RapMon says.

 

“Prepare to lose and never rise from the ashes of your humiliation” Jungkook says with an evil laugh.

 

“Is it weird that I’m actually scared now?” Jimin says, half joking half serious.

 

The game begins, and it wasn’t long before you were again amazed by the golden maknae. He was incredibly athletic. At first you just thought he was naturally strong and incredibly talented at most things, but his athleticism was on a whole other level. He looked incredibly attractive with his focus and determination to win.

 

 

 

 

 

 

After you guys left the beach, you, Jungkook, and V head over to the amusement park.

 

You and V were waiting under the shade of a giant oak tree while Jungkook went to by tickets.

 

“Hey, let’s get milkshakes!” V says, pointing at a stall that sold cold treats.

 

“Uh, you go ahead, I’m lactose intolerant” You say.

 

“Oh, but you ate ice cream with Jungkook the other day” V says, looking at you questioningly.

 

You didn’t know that Jungkook would tell him about that, so you were kind of at loss for words.

 

“Ah, I understand” V says, giving you a knowing smile.

 

“Can you not tell Jungkook?” You plead.

 

“My lips are sealed” V says, while making a motion of zipping up his lips and throwing away the key.

 

When Jungkook gets back with the tickets, you guys look for rides that look interesting. You didn’t get motion sickness that easily, but you decided to play it safe and just let the 2 of them going on the scarier rides while stayed behind and keep an eye on their stuff.

 

“Hyung, let’s go to that haunted house over there!” Jungkook says, pointing at a building that was decorated like it was Halloween or something.

 

“Oh no” V says shaking his head. “I’m going to pass on that. Why don’t you go with noona?” V suggests excitedly.

 

Jungkook turns to look at you eagerly. You were going to reject, but you couldn’t bear to turn such an excited bunny down.

 

“Why not?” You say, trying not to sound too hesitant.

 

When it was finally time for the 2 of you to enter the spooky house, Jungkook was walking in front while you followed closely behind. It was so dark you could barely see anything. There were a lot of traps that would be set off and would make you jump out of you pants, but you tried hard to stay calm and not scream. Jungkook was un-phased; it was child’s play to him.

 

Then a guy dressed as a zombie pops out from one of the side doors and startles you so much that you let out a dolphin pitched scream. Then you feel someone wrap their arms around you in a warm embrace. You look up to see that it’s Jungkook. He’s looking around to see if anything else is going to pop up. Jungkook’s body was firm but soft enough that it wouldn’t hurt if you bumped into him. He smelled of fresh flowers and it made your heart beat like crazy.

 

“Are you ok?” Jungkook asks, pulling away and looking into your eyes.

 

It was pitch black, but you were able to make out his tender eyes glistening in the darkness.

 

You slowly nod. He grabs your hand and leads to forward because your legs feel like marshmallows now. Part of it was because of the jump scare but the other part was from the sudden body contact with Jungkook.

 

When you two exit the haunted house, you were blinded by the sunlight outdoor. It took a minute to adjust, but everything slowly came back into view. You see V waiting at the exit and he waves when he sees you two.

 

“How was it?” V asks.

“It was nothing,” Jungkook says with a smirk. He was about to make another joke, but realized you were still there.

 

“I was startled, that’s all” You laugh nervously.

 

“Jungkook-ah, you can’t just take a girl into a haunted house and not take responsibility.” V says, pretending to scold the younger male.

 

“I’m totally fine, see not a scratch” You interrupt while jumping up and down showing that you’re as healthy as ever. Again, you were just trying your best to avoid any kind of awkwardness, but failing completely because Jungkook is just scratching the back of his head nervously while V stands there with a giant grin on his face. 

 

"See hyung, she's fine" Jungkook finally says, trying to give you a normal bright smile. You nod agreeing and pray that V won't ask for any details about what happened. 

 

"Aish, you two" V rolls his eyes and just walks to the next ride.

You let out a sigh of relief and follow the two boys who are now back to their playful childish antics. 

 

 

 

 

 

It was the last day you were spending in L.A. and since the staff let you have your own free time, you were free to do whatever. You decide to take a walk around L.A. and reminisce your American childhood. Although you didn’t grow up in L.A., it still reminded you of supermarket shopping on the weekends, mainstream American pop music, driving on the freeway, and for some strange reason, terrible but nostalgic school lunches.

 

When you first went to Asia, you never thought you would miss the U.S., but the longer you were away, the more you were reminded how much you loved the country.

 

You looked around and wondered when the next time you came back would be.

 

You explored the city alone, ate at a bunch of famous places, and even going to watch a movie in the evening. You were enjoying your time, but a part of you wished you had someone to share this experience with. Subconsciously, you thought about Jungkook. For some reason, out of all the people in your life, at a lonely time like this, you could only think of him.

 

As you walked back to the hotel after the movie, you decide to go to the roof and relax. You didn’t want to go back to the hotel room and have the manager assign more work for you after you guys go back to Korea.

 

You walk out into the dark rooftop and gaze at the bright city of L.A. at night. You close your eyes for a second and take a deep breath.

 

“Did you enjoy your day?” You hear someone say from behind you. The voice sounded strangely familiar, but you thought it wasn’t possible for it to be him.

 

You turn around to see Jungkook in a dark hoodie and distressed jeans.

 

“Uh, ye-yeah” You answer after seeing him. “What are you doing up here?” You ask curiously.

 

“I could ask you the same thing” Jungkook laughs. “I wanted some alone time” He answers your question anyways.

 

“I was alone all day,” You say, chuckling a little. “It is nice to be alone once in a while.”

 

“Agreed” Jungkook answers. “Do you ever feel lonely?” He asks.

 

You shake your head. “I wouldn’t call it lonely” You reply, unsure of how to express the feeling. “Do you?” You ask him.

 

“I have my members” Jungkook says, and then pauses to think. “But I miss my family a lot.”

 

You nod, understanding how hard it must’ve been to leave home to become an idol at such a young age.

 

“I sometimes wonder if we’ll be together forever, or we’ll go our separate ways sometime in the future.” Jungkook continues. “I think I’ll be lonely then.”

 

You try to think of a response, but Jungkook continues talking while looking in the distance.

 

“Unless there is someone out there who will be with me forever” He says, closing his eyes now.

 

“I think such a person exists” You respond. “And I believe you’ll find that person one day.”

 

Jungkook opens his eyes and turns to look at you. He looked like he was about to say something, but his cell phone begins to ring.

 

“Ok, I’ll be right down hyung” You hear Jungkook say to the receiver.

 

“Jimin wants me to watch Attack on Titan with them,” Jungkook says. “See you tomorrow” He waves as he walks to the stairway.

 

You smile and wave back. He’s still a youngling. You slightly chuckle to yourself.

 

 

 

 

.......