Chapter 3

The Most Beautiful Moment in Life

It was finally the day of the concert, and your roommate’s hard work had finally been worth it. You were now able to name all the BTS members and their positions in the group, as well as some distinct characteristics of each member. You could even recognize some of them by voice, especially V and Jimin, who had easy to recognize voices. V because his voice range was incredible, going from very deep to chillingly high, and Jimin who seemed to always be in charge of the high harmonizing parts. 

 

“Ahhh, I can’t find my eyeliner?!? Where the hell did I put that thing?” You hear your roommate squeal from the bathroom. You roll your eyes, you had thought the escalation of her frantic excitment would start to calm after reaching it's peak last night when she kept you up because she claimed she was too excited to sleep, but nope, it just kept getting higher.

 

“I saw it on your vanity the other day” You yell back, trying not to sound annoyed from your lack of a good night's rest. You go back to looking in your closet. Now what should you wear, you think to yourself. It was the beginning of March, so the weather was nice, but you weren’t sure how nicely you should dress for a concert. You finally decide to just go with more loose/comfortable clothing since you didn’t want to be uncomfortable squeezing among the crowd of fangirls.

 

After getting changed into a loose white T-shirt and jean shorts, you decide to put on natural makeup consisting of thin eyeliner, lightly drawn brow eyebrows, mascara, coral blush, and baby pink lip tint. You tie your hair up into a high pony tail to make sure it doesn’t get in the way, and wait as your roommate continues to make sure her whole makeup and attire are perfect.

 

“Nooooo, I’m having a bad hair day!” Your roommate squeals again, standing at the doorway of the bathroom with a curling iron in her hands. She gives you a sad look and pouts glancing back at the mirror.

 

“Oh calm down, you look great. I don’t think you should be overly concerned over perfect hair. It's going to get all messy during the hype of the concert anyways.” You continue to convince her that she looks fine, but she still isn’t satisfied. Finally in the end, she settles for loose wavy curls and gets back to her excited mood.

 

“I can’t believe today is the day!!!” She shouts as you guys leave the apartment to grab a cab to Gocheok Sky Dome and arena that would house 40,000 ARMYs that day. She was holding her bomb lightstick in one hand and hugging a handmade poster.

 

You were also feeling a bit nervous for some strange reason. A part of you was worried that the other ARMYs would notice that you’re not actually a real fan yet since you were only introduced to BTS a few weeks ago, but the other part of you was excited that you would get to see the boys in real life. All those videos your roommate showed you really made you curious to see if they looked different or acted different off screen.

 

As you neared the stadium, you saw the long line of fans that was starting to form. It was still 3 hours before the concert, but the crowd was already in a frenzy. The security guards were trying their best to keep the line organized, but it was clearly to no avail. People were pushing and shoving left and right, and it was hard to even see the entrance to the stadium. 

 

While you and your roommate were waiting in the VIP line, you got to meet some other ARMYs that were waiting with you guys. One girl was a super fan of JHope and couldn’t stop drooling over his smooth dance moves. Another girl kept talking about how she memorized everything she was going to say to Jimin backstage. There were also some international ARMYs that came all the way to Korea to see the boys, and because they couldn’t speak much Korean, you offered to translate if necessary. They were very thankful for that.

 

“So who’s YOUR bias?” One of the fans suddenly comes up to you and asks.

 

“Ugh….” You suddenly couldn’t react fast enough because she kind of took you by surprise. Yeah, who is my bias? You ask yourself in your head, finally realizing that you had never really thought about it because you pretty much felt the same way about every member...except maybe-

 

“She likes Jungkook” Your roommate answers for you, snapping you out of your thoughts once again, but this time pretty much answering the same way you were just about to, in your head. She grins at you, and you nod nervously in agreement. Yeah, if you were forced to choose a bias in BTS, it would probably be Jungkook, but you almost felt shy about admitting it because it would just prove your roommate right about him being "your style" and all. But it's not like you even liked him THAT much more than the others. You convince yourself that you're overthinking it and snap back out of your thoughts.  

 

You look at the fan while she nods, giving you a suspecting look. then curves up to a smile. “Good choice, mine is too,” She says in broken Korean. You get a little curious as to why she spoke with an accent. After asking, you find out she’s a Chinese ARMY, so you guys start speaking in Chinese.Turns out Jungkook is really popular in China too because of his "attractive looks and overflowing talent", according to the Chinese ARMY. She kept talking about all the reasons she likes Jungkook, which in turn makes you consider all the facts and mentally give Jungkook some added bonus points because of this, further solidifying him as your "bias". You almost wanted to laugh out at the thought, revealing how new you were to all this bias talk and fandom stuff. It all seemed too much like child's play, but you were here, so might as well play along. 

 

Finally, the security guards announce that it was time to let the fans that bought VIP tickets to go in to watch the sound check. All the ARMYs in the VIP line get restless once again, and you start to hear a lot of chatting and fangirl squeals. Suddenly, you feel some butterflies in your own stomach. Why the hell am I getting nervous? Your roommate nudges you excitedly while keeping her eyes on the entrance. You look over and take a deep breath, trying to keep calm and stay composed. 

 

When you enter, your mouth drops at the sight of how huge the arena was and how empty it still was. There were only about 200 VIP tickets, so the group looked tiny compared to the size of the stadium. After looking around in awe, your eyes land on the people in hoodies and sunglasses on stage. That must be them, think to yourself. The fans that came in with you start rushing towards the stage, pushing and shoving like no other. When the boys see them, they start waving and making hearts with their arms. The one you recognize as Rap Monster, nicely reminds the fans not to crowd too close to the stage.  

 

Once the fans stopped shoving after RapMon's request, you get a chance to get close enough to the stage to see them clearly. You notice that they looked even better in real life and up close. Even though they weren't wearing any makeup yet or any of their fancy stage costumes, they look fresh, young, and boyish. Their skin was smooth and youthful, hair fluffy and soft. Their bodies were lean and their faces were definitely really small. They were practicing parts of “Fire” right then, and you noticed that some of them seemed shorter than you had imagined but others were taller. V and Jungkook were slightly taller than you had imagined them to be, while Jimin, JHope, and Suga seemed smaller. RapMon and Jin were pretty much the same as you had imagined.

 

When the song ended, the boys did a brief greeting and jokingly thanked the VIP fans for spending so much more money for tickets. At one point, V looked in the direction of you and your roommate, and his gazed seemed like it settled on you for a longer than normal amount of time. He then turned to whisper something in Jungkook’s ear, which then led Jungkook to look in the same direction. You look around behind you and notice that there wasn’t anyone there. Confused you turn to your roommate who was too focused on Jin who was sharing some words of gratitude.  

 

You shrug it off as the boys continue to rehearse.

 

 

 

.......