Secret

The Guardian
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Owhh gosh! This is for real. Jeongyeon wolfed silently, walking backward as Mina tried to approach her without any single thread and brought her to the Jacuzzi tub. Mina liked the expression from Jeongyeon when she was about to get inside the tub. “Ahaha! What’s wrong with the reaction, Woof?” Mina laughed. “Don’t tell me you don’t like to go bathing.” Mina caught Jeongyeon right in between her legs and hold her tightly – as she walked towards the tub – and threw Jeongyeon to the water.

As if the culture shock of seeing Mina’s body right in front of her is not enough, now Jeongyeon had to take a shower with her. I’ll screwed if she caught me one day. I hope that ‘one day’ will never appear at all.

Placing at the very end corner of the bathroom, the size of the Jacuzzi tub was spacious enough for Mina and Jeongyeon took bath together. In fact, it was capacious enough if Nayeon wants to join along.

If Nayeon wants to join along. That will be pretty awkward.

 

Mina pressed Jeongyeon’s back, forcing her to sit in the tub. “Don’t move.” Mina patted her head, leaning her back at the other end side of the tub, facing Jeongyeon. “Do you want to know something, Woof? As long as I remember, I never shower in a bath tub, not to mention this luxury Jacuzzi tub like yours here.”

Mina stared blankly at the bubbles, sitting in the tub together with Jeongyeon. “I came to Korea two years ago because I got offer to continue my study here. I got sponsorship from my country – Owhh! I forgot to tell you that I’m Japanese actually – but I’m not come from a great family. Every single penny that I got from my scholarship I’ll bank it it to my parents account.” Mina voiced out her thoughts.

The melancholy atmosphere filled the area. “When my parents asked me whether I still got money to expense here, I’ll just say yes. I don’t want to worry them. Enough with my leave to go for further my study in foreign country, there’s no guts for me to say ‘No, mum, I got no money. Please give me some.’ Luckily, I got part time job thanks to my friend, Chaeyeong, and now I live with her family.”

Mina Jeongyeon’s forehead lightly. “You’re so lucky, Woof. You’re very lucky. Your owner must be a hardworking person – earning a lot and afford to purchase this home – and she must be strong too.” Mina cupped Jeongyeon’s face closer to her, “Owhh yes! Does your owner already tell you why am I here?

I know.

“She haven’t tell you anything?” Mina shook Jeongyeon’s head. “Owhh~ bad girl.” Mina smiled.

“She saved me last night. I was about to go to the convenience shop when I was approached by three bad guys. Three guys, Woof. Three. And your owner beat them like it just a small matter. She beat them like this. Wush! Wush!” Mina punched the air, causing the bubbles in the tub fling and landed on the both Jeongyeon’s and Mina’s head and floor. “Actually I didn’t see the fight because my vision was blurred because of my tears. I really thought my life was over at that time. Until your owner appeared.”

Mina was about to continue her story when she landed both her arms on the side of the Jacuzzi tub.

Ting!

Mina turned her head, raising her hand. To her surprise, there was a ring on her ring finger on the left side, hitting the marble-made Jacuzzi tub. The dream that appeared in her sleep rewind in her thoughts and immediately caught her attention. It was the exact ring that I saw in my dream last night. Mina opened her eyes wide, and panicked with what she saw right in front of her eyes. How does it get here? What happened?

 

Jeongyeon puzzled as Mina froze in front of her while looking at her hand, or maybe fingers, or maybe the ring, or maybe because of the bubbles. Jeongyeon crawled forward and Mina’s face, worrying with her expression. Finally Mina snapped from her thinking and look intently at Jeongyeon.

“Woof. I know this sounds crazy but,” Mina showed the ring to Jeongyeon, “This ring is not mine. If you want the truth be told, actually, this ring appeared in my dream last night and now it appear right in front of my eyes without my realize.” Jeongyeon tilted her head, perplexing with the explanation.

“I only got this ring this morning. I’ve never own this ring.”

 

Nayeon rolled down her window, stuck out her head and glared at the driver on the brand new black sports car behind her. The driver was leaning on his horn – again and again – as he had been on and off for the last ten minutes.

Great. Keep honking, buddy – because that will actually move the jam of cars ahead of you, Nayeon thought, seething.

“Come on, move it, lady!” the driver, a teenager wearing a backward NBA baseball cap, shouted at her.

Lady? Nayeon narrowed her eyes. Okay, I wasn’t exactly eighteen, but lady was still on the distant horizon, and I am perfectly not that old for you to call lady if you scan my face, kid. Thank you very much. Nayeon wondered how Mr. Inexcusable would react if she used her power, changing into a wolf to shake things up a little – as in, giving him a flat tire.

Nayeon closed her eyes and rested her forehead on the steering wheel. Breathe, she coached herself. Deep down, you don’t want to do that. It was a horrible thought, totally, Nayeon realized, but typical of her overtaxed mind the past few weeks. Even she had to admit it: she had been so thoroughly stressed that she’d become completely hostile toward anyone unlucky enough to cross her path. That was the main reason she was headed to home right now – much earlier than before – because Jeongyeon was stayed at home with Mina right now.

Jeongyeon was her best friend or should Nayeon called Jeongyeon her puppy love or obsession or crush. Nayeon admitted she had feelings towards Jeongyeon but she felt the right time for her to confess her feelings towards Jeongyeon was never in time because Jeongyeon rarely around the house at night, soon after the clock strikes six. Above and beyond, unexplained changes of Jeongyeon’s transformation was left one-sided for both Jeongyeon and Nayeon.

That’s no idle treat when you’re living with Guardian like you, Nayeon thought. However, these past few days the transformation of Jeongyeon drastically changed. Ever since Jeongyeon and Nayeon discovered that she will transform every twelve hours at six o’clock sharp and , yes , Vampires had been popping up everywhere. Every time Nayeon turned around, it seemed, some horrible creature was bent on destroying all the Guardian that still exist on this Earth surface.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter