Friend

The Guardian
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Knock! Knock!

"Who's there?" Mina shouted from the washroom as she washed her finished coffee mug in the sink.

Another knock on the door was heard and this time the knock is more louder and longer. Mina hurriedly walked towards the door while wiping her hands with her shirt. The door will burst open soon if I do not open it soon. 

"Surprise!" Chaeyoung said, holding up a plastic of groceries. "My grandmother ask me to give this to you." 

Mina smiled at Chaeyoung, then glanced back at the plastic.

"No need to pay. She said thank you for your help yesterday." Chaeyoung placed the plastic on the coffee table while examining the room and sat on the floor. 

"I'm the one who should say thank you." Mina closed the door behind before sat on the bed. "When did you arrive?"

"Actually, last night. I wanted to go and visit you last night but I didn't hear any footstep from above so I assumed you must be sleeping early." 

"Are you still in the room right below me? The ceiling is not sound proof. You could wake up from my step, Chaeyoung." 

"I don't mind. I'm an early bird. Besides, I always woke up early in Seoul. You know, to escape from traffic jam."

"It's been a long time since my last time to Seoul. I wonder how the city looks like?" Mina stood up and reheated the water. "Coffee?"

"Sure." Chaeyoung stood up. "I'll arrange the groceries for you."

"Thank you."

Mina stared at Chaeyoung as she hung up her jacket on the hook by the front door. Just seeing Chaeyoung brought back memories, not only of their first met, but of the helpful hand of Chaeyoung's family to help her. 

"So, how's your study?" Chaeyoung sat on the floor while patting the floor, inviting Mina to sit beside her. <

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter