The Madness Defence

The Guardian
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Softly splashing water droplets hit the car windows as the taxi drove onwards. The skies were overhung with a blanket of grey, so much so that Mina could barely tell the difference between the sky and clouds even though the clock strikes eleven.

Despite car rides feeling tedious, the rain commonly calmed her as she watched raindrops race down to the windows. The occasional wave of a puddle could be exciting, but she rather be outside in those puddles than stuck in the car.

As if the rain does not want to let Mina wet, the droplet stopped hitting the windows as the taxi reached the destination. The driver knew the best spot to stop – away from the muddy land and sloppy cement. Pulling the handbrake, the driver turned his back and mentioned the price of the fee, 50, 000 won.

“Thank you,” Mina said, giving the fee to the driver. It is expected for charging a very high price for a ride especially after ten at night. Mina understood why. For the sake of getting extra income, they sacrifice their time rather to spend it with their family and bed.

Bed? She meant sleeping hour.

Not the action in the bed.

Soon after Mina stepped out from the vehicle, a tall figure emerged. When she could see him better, she held in a gasp. For one thing, he was really tall. His pale skin sparkled in the moonlight, his dark eyes matching the night sky above perfectly. He was wearing normal clothes.

As he walked towards her, her heart raced.

He looked as if he was gliding.

Skin almost translucent, a bloodless hue, reminiscent of some cave dwelling creature that never saw the light of day, as pale as the living dead, as pale as a corpse. His bleached skin was as white as a sheet of paper next to the sleeve of the black woollen sweater.

Mina could sense that he is not alone. A slight drop in the air temperature and the descent of absolute silent filled the air. There were a group of three, all young and pale.

No, Mina thought. Her eyes glued to any possible place for hiding around the area. There are more. They are hiding. They are watching. They are watching me whole the time.

It was at this moment Mina knew she is in trouble.

The only announcement of his purpose was by grabbing Mina’s wrist, pulling her hard towards his group. Mina resisted, hit the chest of the Vampire and screamed to the top of her lungs.

 

The shout from the outside attracted all the members in the house.

Jeongyeon recognized the voice very well, and it was not the good sign at all. She was the first one who jumped down from the bed and rushed out from the house.

Jihyo and Tzuyu followed her behind. The Alpha stopped her Master from moving forward but the eagerness of her eyes halted Jihyo to stop her. Jihyo questioned herself, does Tzuyu completely prepare for the battle? If mentally, then she knew the answer is yes but physically?

Sana and Dahyun watched each other and nodded, preparing themselves to face the enemies. Another level of game. That is what the duo are waiting for. Dahyun immediately rushed to her room and took out her gun and bullets from the bedside table. Sana wrapped Dahyun’s wrist and brought her along, jumping from the balcony and landed facing their traditional foe.

Unsympathetic shout from Jihyo ruptured the silent of the night, ordering her pack to march forward. They need to protect Mina in any cost. Jihyo could sense that the Vampires know that Mina is the Master.

But do they know that Mina is different from others?

Do they know that Mina is The Legend?

Do they know that Jeongyeon and Mina are The Legend?

 

The pack would attack as a mob. In those days of fear and hatred there was no feigning honour. Everyone wanted what they wanted and force was the accepted method. It was better to be a dog in a big group than a loner and many took that route - servitude over death. Not Jihyo and her team though, they swore they had rather go down free and fighting.

Not that they wanted to die, they were just so committed to life they couldn't bear to see what it was becoming.

More screams broke out. Each side rushed forward, shouting orders. Fist charged. Nails arisen. More shouting. More screaming. More running. The attack was fierce, efficient and deadly.

Jeongyeon glued her eyes to the Vampires that grab her Master. In that moment of self-conflict she turned scimitar in hand and her opponent is lost. Her weapon was stained with blood. More lives of the opponent took out from their body as Jeongyeon came forward to save Mina. She could feel the heat of temper rising in her. She wanted her message to be delivered clearly to the foe. Her urge to kill is rising.

As she stepped forward, a sudden gush of pain jolted throughout her body. Her stomach ached, her arms lost tension and her legs began to weaken. "Who is attacking me?" she thought as she dropped to the ground. Her tongue was soaked in the taste of blood. Bruised and winded, with a leg in agony, she tried to grab her weapon on the ground.

It happened in the blink of eyes. Jeongyeon could feel her body flung and threw against the tree before landed on the ground.

“Jeongyeon!”

She could hear Mina shouting out her name. Her head was pounding. Her body was struggling to recover, to repair the damage. Unable to move with any grace her movements are jerky. Jeongyeon rose up, this time not energetic but feebly. She shook her head to take a look at her opponent but her vision is getting blur.

Her opponent is stronger this time.

 

Jihyo walked up the bloody mess on the ground that had been her adversary. She needs to protect Jeongyeon. She knew her opponent very well.

The opponent is none other than The Leader of the Vampires.

“Grandma Son! What are you doing?” Mina shouted to The Leader as two pair of hands seized her.

Mina knew her? She looked at their main ruler of their opponent.

She is smiling. Jihyo realized that The Leader smirked this time as her name called out.

Jihyo froze. She was totally shocked. For all this time, does The Leader knows that Mina is one of them? she thought.

Because if it is true, then the Werewolf Nation is in great danger.

Jihyo was too focused to immerse in her own guess so much that she does not realized her back exposed with opening chance for the Vampires to attack her and one of them saw the opportunity to make the next move.

 

Tzuyu could sense Jihyo was in danger as she saw one of the opponents aimed her Guardian as his next target. Even though she felt exhausted, mostly because she still in recovery state, she gathered all the energy she had and sprinted towards Jihyo to save her.

“Jihyo! Watch out!”

Tzuyu’s warning was enough to wake Jihyo.

Again her agile movement was far too slow. Two pairs of rough hands seized her. Jihyo’s right arm fractured. With a little gurgle, a Vampire in black leather coat staggered backward to crumple on the ground. A ring-master, leaping like a panther, landed on Jihyo’s back. Dropping abruptly, she executed a somersault, shook herself free and rose only to her head into the stomach of the guy.

A sudden gush o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter