Companion

The Guardian
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mina hold her breath, her dark brown eyes widening, half-open as she watched the Person walked approaching her. It was the same person who appeared in her ‘dream’ last night when she was harassed by the strangers in the alleyway.

Run, Mina! Run! she wanted to take a step back that she was desperate to escape from the Person. But why am I not scared? I mean – the Person is finally ‘visible’ to look at. Isn’t that what you really want to know, Mina?

Once again light from the candles lining the room, and once again Mina could caught the eyes of the Person.

There was something different about the eyes. Yes – the eyes were green –it was the most beautiful green eyes that she ever seen, not because that she didn’t met Europeans often in Korea but the pair was incredibly beautiful. The colour that worth to be admire of.

Every hair on her head stood to attention as the Person lifted the robe and took out a necklace, giving it to Mina. Mina examined the necklace carefully, finding an excellent design along with its pendant. A crystallise necklace with a ring.

The ring. Mina murmured. As she was about to place the ring on her palm, bright light emerged from it, almost blinding her eyes. When she adjusted with the brightness, she read the word on the ring – and the word appeared was not what she expected.

 

Hope

 

What is the meaning of this? Mina thought. For some reason, I thought I’ll get the ‘Sacrifice’ one.

The Person get down on one knee and pulled the hood behind and looked up. “The time is now.”

The voice – Mina definitely sure that it is woman. Or young lady. Or any form of female but for sure she is woman. “What? What do you mean?” Mina asked but only to get ignored by the Person.

 “Trust no one.”

As she finished, the pendant began to glow brighter. The Person began chanting and again, another voice was heard, this time it echoed the chant. Mina could felt burning sensation on her palm – exactly on the hand side where the pendant was placed. The pain was unbearable that she wanted to pull her hand away but the Person grabbed hers tightly.

“Please!” Mina cried. “I don’t understand what is the meaning of this. Please stop it. Please let me go.”

The chant intensified becoming faster, louder. The pendant glowed intensely. A blinding light filled the room.

“Ahh!” Mina screamed. The pain travelled from her palm to her chest. She pressed her chest with the other side of her hand as the Person still grabbed her hand but to no avail. The pain was getting grower and excruciating for Mina to stand to the extent that she felt to the floor, kneeling.

“Please stop~” Mina’s plead escaped from her lips as she was lying on the floor. Her eyes became weaker as if her energy was drained by the Person. The chant only stopped when Mina was collapsed completely on the floor.

“You’re the only hope,” the Person walked away and left Mina behind, leaving the ring beside Mina. Mina turned her head only to realize that the Person was gone – and her hand was heavily throbbed because of the pain. When Mina lifted up her hand, she saw the pendant was inserted on her ring finger at her left hand – and it immediately glowing as if it knew Mina realized its presence.

Mina stared blankly above the ground, trying herself to understand the situation, and deliberately closed her eyes.

 

Mina opened her eyes. Sunlight streamed through the window, and she could hear birds chirping outside. She started to roll over and bumped into the wall.

No, something.

“Ow!

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter