Ludicrous

The Guardian
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The Vampires ran away from the sudden attack and fled to the remote area in Jeju Island, miles away from The house of the Vampire or Voltera. There was an abandoned cottage located at the heart of the jungle. The Lord signalled the Vampires to stop there.

Chaeyoung jumped when the front door slammed open with force by the Lord. She was very angry, irritated and disgusted. “How did the Werewolves knew our location tonight?” The panic rose in her voice. “If they find us before we find them, they will try to destroy us.”

The Lord took out her double-edged dagger and placed it on the low, round table. “Where’s the crystal?” she demanded. Two of the Vampires rushed into the house with the crystal in their hand and placed it on the floor. They shut the windows and locked them.

The Lord drew a complex sign in the air above her head. Chaeyoung was with her, preparing a spell for the Lord. She read through the recipe and shook her head. They were about to cast her very first spell, and they had to hurry.

The Lord grabbed the dagger and drew a circle on the table. Then she signalled the Vampires to light the circle of white candles they had placed around the crystal.

When they finished, the Lord turned to face the crystal and raised her hands to it. “Now with the powerful spirit of the Master trapped in the crystal, the power will be ours!”

Another chant escaped from . The crystal started to glow as the chant grew louder. Soon after that, the light of the crystal turned colour – from blinding white light to flaming red. The Lord stopped her chant as she watched the colour changes of the crystal.

“We’ve been fooled!” She grabbed the dagger and pierced it to the crystal. A crack ran across the crystal until the fracture sound smashed into a thousand glittering fragments intn the floor.

“Who’s capturing the woman just now!” She rose her voice, her anger boiling up inside. A Vampire walked in front in shaky legs and stood in front of their leader, bowing his head. “Why you cannot notice that the woman you’ve captured was a part of us?”

The long blade of a double-edged dagger flashed in the candlelight. She tightly gripped the handle and pierced the blade to the Vampire’s heart. The burning pain of the knife plunged into his heart. He screamed in pain before disappeared into ashes.

“Lesson learn,” The Lord kept her dagger inside her robe. “I have learnt of the mythos of the Werewolf. There is Werewolf and Master descended of a long and powerful lineage, who have only recently come into their gift. Their combined powers are stronger than any that we have ever encountered. We must get the Master first before their power developed, destroy them first and claim their powers for our own!”

A collective hiss sounded in the room, cheering.

 

Mina and Jeongyeon were in the kitchen, cleaning up the appliances and utensils used for the dinner. The melody of the running water pipe falling to the sink was the only sound heard in the kitchen. No one dared to open their mouth or starting the conversation. They were totally immersed with the house chores.

Jeongyeon went out for a while, leaving Mina behind as she went to her room and unplugged the phone charger in the socket. The phone belongs to Mina – Jeongyeon charged her totally-depleted battery phone last night before she went to sleep. She took the phone out from the room and gave it to Mina, explaining that it was fully charged throughout the day and left undisturbed.

“Thank you,” Mina responded, immediately switching on her phone. As expected, she thought, I’ve got lots of miss calls and messages from Chaeyeong. She tapped the name of the caller. It did not take a long time for the caller picked up the phone.

“Mina!” Chaeyoung shout out. “Where are you now? Where have you been? Why didn’t you call me so that I could pick you up yesterday? You haven’t went back since last night. I went to your room this morning and you’re not even there.” Mina bombarded with questions by her best friend before she made it to greet her first.

“Calm down, Chaeyoung. I’m at my friend’s house,” Mina replied while looking at Jeongyeon. She was sitting on the Adirondack chair in the balcony, lighting up her cigarette. “Don’t worry, friend. I’m safe here,” she continued the conversation. “How’s grandma?” Mina asked, walking to the hallway and made a call in the area while leaned her back against the wall.

“She’s–” the caller paused for seconds before continued. “I’ve got to tell you something, Mina. Grandma and I might won’t be around the house often throughout this season. We might have to go back-and-forth between the city and the countryside. ”

“Can I come along? I’ve waiting for this chance to go to your village. I’ve never been there throughout my life.”

“Maybe next time, grandma said. Planting season is around the corner. It’s very tiring throughout the day. She’s afraid she won’t be able to take care of you there. Besides, there’s nothing entertaining that you can do. The connection is limited. We haven’t replaced our broken television since last year. I’m so sorry, Mina,” Chaeyoung explained.

“I see,” Mina sighed lightly before continued, “It’s okay. Maybe next time.”

“But we’ll still give you the payment every month, Mina,” Chaeyoung stated. “I know you won’t feel comfortable for accepting it but let’s assumed that you got the pay because you keep an eye of the shop while we’re not around. It’s a token of appreciation from grandma and I.”

“Thank you so much–”

In the middle of the conversation, Mina was distracted by the noises from the outside of the hallway. Might be from the outside. The noise engulfed her, completely capturing her brain, rendering any logical thought or conclusion impossible. There’s got to be something.

“I got to go, Chaeyoung. I’ll call you back later.” Mina said. “Okay, Mina. Take care.” Chaeyoung replied before she off the call.

Mina paced over to the living room. To her dismay, flock of ladies who glittered like jewels were gathered in the space. Except Jeongyeon, each and every one of them were wearing black leather jacket with a shining silver-like necklace reflected from the dimmed moonlight. There were six of them – two seemed seriously injured in her observation, including Nayeon.

“Is Nayeon hurt?” Mina spoke up. All of the Werewolves including Jeongyeon turned their head, eyeing Mina. Suddenly Mina felt the mood of the room turn tense. She stood still, not moving.

“She’s not alone. Tzuyu too,” Jihyo walked passed Mina while lifted Tzuyu at her back, tailing by Dahyun and Sana. She’s must be Tzuyu, Mina thought. “Hi cutie~” Sana poked Mina’s cheek and smiled, only to receive a smack at her back from Dahyun before they walked to the room.

“Mina,” Jeongyeon asked, lifting Nayeon in bridal style, wanting to be logical. “Can you help me?” Mina nodded innocently, her mind was still a surging perplexity. “There’s a dresser inside the bathroom. Take two or three towels and a water basin. Bring it to the room.” Jeongyeon directed. Without any question or argument, Mina nodded and went to the bathroom.

“What do you think you’re doing?” Nayeon whispered, her head throbbing because of the hit. She still thought that she was in the house of the Vampire. “Don’t worry, Nayeon. You’re at home right now. I’m going to carry you to the room. Tzuyu is injured too,” Jeongyeon replied, landing Nayeon carefully in the bed.

Nayeon moaned and sat down on the bed, turning her head to the other side. Jihyo and Sana carefully lie down Tzuyu on the twin bed, slowly raising her back by arranged the pillows at her back. The girl was clearly painful and she was helpless.

Blood stain appeared on the bed sheet. Then, slowly, Tzuyu’s fingers loosened their grip on the bedsheet. Then another. Her arms must have felt weak, because she wobbled before supporting herself.

“I’m okay,” Tzuyu gasped.

“No,” Jihyo argued. “You’re not okay. You’re terribly bleeding right now.”

She placed a hand lightly on her side. “So that settles it. As long as this bleed cooperates, we’re out of this issue first thing in the morning.”

“Tzuyu–”

“I’m fine!” Whatever strength her body lacked, she more than made up for with her conviction. “Even if I wasn’t, there’s nothing you can do now–”

“I can do something with that,” Mina interrupted, standing in the doorway before entered the room – with towels and vodka soaked in the small bucket half-full with water. “Lift up your hand,” Mina took off Tzuyu’s jacket carefully especially around the wound part. “The pain will be very excruciating but believe me.”

“Why should I believe in you?” Tzuyu asked, sounds more like whispering.

“Because I know,” Mina answered while folded the towel.

“I agree,” Jihyo nodded. “There was no reason why Mina should not treating Tzuyu and Nayeon right now.” Jihyo stared Mina and slightly nodded, allowing her to treat Tzuyu without saying another word.

Mina worked quickly and carefully, concentrating on every detail. There was scratches on Tzuyu’s side, bleeding and deep. Mina dipped the towel with the vodka she found in the cabinet and pressed it on the cut. Tzuyu screamed in pain because of the sensational pain, grabbing the blanket tightly.

Jihyo was standing by her side, wiping the sweat formed on Tzuyu’s forehead. Terror clutched at her heart, “So basically, you have no idea if this will really work.”

“It’ll work,” Mina muttered.

For Jihyo, it sounded more like a prayer than a statement, but there wasn’t much Jihyo could

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter