Fit In

The Guardian
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Jeongyeon?” Mina whispered calling up her name just in case if she already fall asleep.

“Yeah?” Jeongyeon replied, turning her head with a big smile on her face, facing Mina. “What is it?” She asked, flipping Mina’s hair that covered her puffy cheek down to her chin.

“Can I ask you something?” Mina asked. Her tone sounded hesitating but the eagerness was the one that encouraged her to ask Jeongyeon.

“Sure. What is it?” Her pupil eyes gleamed while looking at Mina. The smile on her lips never faded away from her face. She stared at Mina with dear, appreciating her presence at her side especially tonight.

Mina looked hesitate to ask the question in her mind. Jeongyeon looked at her as if she wanted to tell Mina it was okay for her to ask anything. Mina sighed lightly before continued.

“Who am I to you?”

 “You?” Jeongyeon eyed her caringly. “Should you know who are you for me?”

The answer from Jeongyeon was not as expected as Mina’s thought. If Jeongyeon didn’t want to reveal her feelings in front of her friends, she would understands that. But they were two, alone in the room.

What else that she needs to hide from me? Mina thought. Or am I the one who exaggerated too much hope for seeing her feelings towards me?

“Mina,” Jeongyeon’s warm eyes crinkled at her. “I can feel the stream of unconditional love that always surrounds me whenever you’re near. Your flushed pink cheeks, your bright eyes, your tender smile, your soft voice – owhh Mina, you’re too gorgeous for me to look at. Expressing my love is never out of the question but my heart is too scared to let you know. But I want you to know this, Mina, I’ve never been happier to see you, to be with you, side by side, each day by day.”

Tears glimpsed from Mina’s eyes as she heard Jeongyeon’s confession. She never knew how precious she was in Jeongyeon’s heart. Mina blamed herself for thinking too much – why does she expected Jeongyeon to be confident in confessing her feelings when she herself was terrible in words?

Jeongyeon surprised upon Mina’s response. She wiped tears from Mina’s eyes and touched her face.

“Mina, what would you have been thinking about?” Jeongyeon responded, moving closer to Mina. “That I thought that you’re only the end of my hunt? That you’re only my Master that I need to protect from?”

Mina slightly nodded her head as she heard the answer.

“You’re more than that, baby,” Jeongyeon came closer to Mina’s face, closed her eyes and planted a gentle kiss on her forehead. “Stop thinking too much, okay?”

Mina’s cheeks blushed as she heard how Jeongyeon addressed her. Baby. She liked it so much. Mina managed to nod her head even though tears streamed out from her eyes, wetting the pillow beneath her head. 

“You not drunk, aren’t you?” Jeongyeon out-of-topic question snapped Mina back to the reality.

“Why do you say so?” Mina asked.

“You know – we’re eating red-wine tomato pasta for dinner and you’re blushing – way too reddish as if you’re having constipation right now. I know you’re terrible in handling alcohol because I saw how you deal your hangover for days after having fun with your friends last time. You’re oversensitive too. With tears and questions–”

Mina smacked her right on her arm before Jeongyeon finished her words.

“Ouch!”

“I’m serious, silly,” Mina defended herself.

“Are your period around the corner?” Jeongyeon sincerely asked with lower voice. Mina opened her eyes widely and sat, took her pillow and whacked it on Jeongyeon.

“Do you want to fight? Do you want to bleed?” Mina said in the midst of her attack. Jeongyeon laughed with Mina’s reaction. She knew Mina was cute but not to this extend. When she felt Mina was getting tired, she caught Mina’s hand, flipped her over and pinned her on the bed, grabbing her other hand.

“Gotcha!” Jeongyeon smiled her most seductive smile at Mina. She approached Mina, tilted her head and closed her eyes. Mina closed her eyes too, thinking that Jeongyeon will kiss her lips but it didn’t happen. When Mina realised that she didn’t feel any pressure on her lips, she opened her eyes.

Jeongyeon kissed Mina’s lips soon after that.

Their lips met, longer than a peck. Their eyes met, longer than a single stare. The blush on Mina’s face could be seen even though the beam of the moon was the only light that penetrated through the opened window. Jeongyeon’s hair gleamed from Mina’s view, her hair waved along with the light breeze of the night.

How can a perfect person exist in this world?

Jeongyeon closed her eyes and drew Mina closer, deepened the kiss. Mina followed along and pressed her body against Jeongyeon, giving herself over to Jeongyeon’s intensity.

Finally they pulled away. “Wow,” Mina murmured, stayed wrapped in Jeongyeon’s shoulders. She felt safe and happy in Jeongyeon’s embrace.

Jeongyeon gazed at Mina, her eyes lit with desire. “That was incredible. You’re a great kisser, Mina,” she said at last.

Mina smiled, trying not to look as pleased and happy as she felt. How often did she luck into this kind of connection with a person – okay not a person but a Werewolf – as sweet as Jeongyeon?

“I think we have to do that again,” Jeongyeon whispered in Mina’s ear. “So I can convince myself I’m not imagining things.”

Mina pulled Jeongyeon to her again and met her lips with Jeongyeon’s.

Jeongyeon closed her eyes, feeling as though she were being swept through time.

Her body grew hot. She had never experienced a kiss this powerful or so completely consuming. She felt as though all her senses had been heightened to focus on and receive Mina’s kiss. There was nothing beyond the kiss.

The kiss grew deeper, more intense, until everything melted away except lips against lips, warm, tender and love.

The kiss ended. Breathing heavily, Jeongyeon slowly opened her eyes as thought awakening from a dream. She wanted to lose herself in Mina’s dark brown gaze. Jeongyeon wanted to see in her eyes that she felt exactly what she was.

But she only received a push from Mina. She lost her balance and collapsed on an empty side of the mattress beside Mina.

“You fall in love with me, right?” Jeongyeon asked.

“You’re the one who fall in love with me,” Mina laughed jokily.

“It’s too obvious, Mina. Your–”

“Obvious?” Mina interrupted.

“Yeah,” Jeongyeon continued. “You’re way too obvious madly in love with me. Your eyes speak your mind. Every time when you see me around, your eyes shiny even though your face showed otherwise. You asks the girls my whereabouts when I’m not around. When I’m next to you, your eyes gleamed with happiness even though you does not show it.”

Mina lowered her eyes and smiled. She was too embarrassed to face Jeongyeon. Her heart lightened to learn that Jeongyeon knew her feelings.

“So it’s true. Owhh Jihyo! You’re driving me crazy!” Jeongyeon slapped her forehead.

“What? What happened? Why with Jihyo?” Mina asked.

Jeongyeon let out her breath through before spoke up. “Actually Jihyo’s the one who asked me to say this to you,” Jeongyeon spoke, almost murmuring. “When I first met you, I honestly didn’t know you were going to be this important to me. Ever since my instinct told me that I need to protect you in any cost since I found you in America, I’ve been tailing you everywhere you are. I even followed you back to Japan when you’re always walked alone around 10 p.m. after every ballad practice session and make sure that you arrived home safely. I’ve followed you when you’re going to school, to the shop, to the restaurant, to the park, to everywhere you go. Every time I watched you from behind, my feelings towards you grow and unstoppable. Even when you’re not around, I still think about you as if you were by my side. When I see your smile, I stop breathing for a second. I control my emotions pretty well, but when you come around they’re all over the place. Jihyo noticed it too and she kept encouraging me to confess, but, I’m afraid that you won’t feel the same way just like what–”

Mina pecked Jeongyeon’s lips, stopping her to further her talk.

“I love you too, Jeongyeon. I love you so much but I’m so terrible in expressing my feelings. I’m sorry,” Mina confessed.

“What are you talking about?” Jeongyeon stared Mina with a big smile on her face. “Yeay! Mina loves me too!” Jeongyeon wrapped her arms around Mina and hugged her tightly. “So we’re even, right?”

“What even?” Mina asked.

“Even that we’re loving each other,” Jeongyeon answered. “But Mina, the more I know you the more I realized. You kept on kissing me when I’m trying to talk. I like the way you kiss but if possible can you please–”

Mina interrupted Jeongyeon’s talk by kissing her once again.

Jeongyeon smiled at Mina before continued. “–stop kissing–”

Another kiss planted on her lips.

“–kissing me while I’m talk–”

Mina kissed Jeongyeon twice and smiled sheepishly at the girl.

“Mina!” Jeongyeon exploded. “Let me finish my words first.”

“My heart beats a little faster when you’re this close and I find it hard not to kiss you all the time. I’m addicted to your lips, Jeongyeon. It’s sweet, you know.” Mina confessed.

Jeongyeon blushed and awkwardly smiled, still at a loss for words, didn’t know what to say.

“I’m tired. Let’s sleep, Jeongyeon. I need to get back to the ‘daytime Mina’ fresh and new,” Mina laughed at her own joke.

“What are you talking about?” Jeongyeon cracked with Mina’s statement, moving closer to Mina.

“Mina is set to be introverted at the daytime and–”

“And what? Becomes a beast at night?” Jeongyeon interrupted. “I thought you’re only crazy with me.”

“Yeah. That’s what I want to say. But I want to add some,” Mina leaned closer to Jeongyeon. “I only rough with you and only you on this bed in this room at night. With who, Jeongyeon? You and only you,” she whispered, pecking Jeongyeon’s lips.

Mina was true. Jeongyeon realized it too. She was shy and timid when she gathered with the girls – Jihyo, Tzuyu, Sana, Dahyun and Nayeon – and it including Jeongyeon too but Jeongyeon never though that she will act like this when they were alone.

Jeongyeon leaned closer to Mina and wrapped her arm on her waist. Mina turned her body, her back facing Jeongyeon. “Good night, Jeongyeon.”

Jeongyeon pulled Mina closer and hugged her from behind, kissing her hair good night.

She wanted to grab Mina’s hand in her sleep but she stopped her intention as she remembered the last incidence that brought them to meet the Master in the meadow.

I’m sorry, Master. Maybe tomorrow, Jeongyeon thought as she placed her chin on Mina’s head, hugging Mina closer.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter