Knight

The Guardian
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Thank you for coming to Everland Theme Park. We hope that all of you having fun while spending your time in this park. Please make sure that your children is around and do not left behind your personal belonging. We are grateful to be part of your excitement today. Hope to see you again in the future. Until next time.

The announcement of the park was played soon after the parade of animal costumes and Korean animation ended. Unlike the rest of the audience, Mina recorded the parade until the team entered the main hall right beside the entrance door. She pulled up her long sleeves to take a look at her watch.

‘It’s 11 already.’ She monologue to herself. ‘I better call Chaeyoung now to pick me up.’ However, the moment she tried to dial Chaeyoung’s number, her phone beeped once before the screen turned completely dark. ‘Shoot! My battery is low!’ Mina dug out her handbag only to meet another frustrated situation – she forgot to bring along her power bank.

‘No~ why now?’ Mina stared at her phone screen absentmindedly while thinking where she should do next. She turned her head to the left only to realize that the staff in the park were about to shut down the light in the arcade hall. ‘I better hurry or else I’ll trap in this park.’

She planned to go to the information counter and asked for their permission to borrow their phone. Then again she could not find anyone around the counter. Mina planned to re-enter the park again and tried to ask any staff that passing by, but she had to forgot her plan completely as the light in the park were turn off one by one. Mina is very scared with dark.

‘What should I do?’ Mina tried her best to figure out any possible way to contact Chaeyeong. ‘Owhh yes! There’s a convenience shop nearby.’ She flashed back the route that were used by Chaeyoung when she sent Mina to the park. ‘Hope it’ll opens 24 hours.’

Without wasting her time, Mina exited the park and walked away from the area.

 

Mina speeded up her step as she could felt her heart pounded really fast. She could sense there was or were stranger keep an eye on her and followed her behind. She didn’t like the looks of this part of town. So dark. Every time she passed by the block of the shophouse, she could imagined they will pushed her to the wall and robbed her. Or maybe even worse than that.

She shook her head hard, trying to dissolve her thought away from her soul. ‘Where is the shop?’ She searched her destination wildly. ‘It supposed to be around here.’

All of the sudden Mina could felt her hand were pulled from behind causing her body to move backward and almost fell. “Hi there, lady. Can we have a talk?” A man about 20s with 6 feet tall – wearing leather jacket with worn out jeans – spoke sternly right to Mina’s ear. Mina was so shocked that she could not even close as the man roughly dragged her to the side of the building.

As she alerted to her surrounding, she realized that the man was not alone – in real life there was another two more men behind him as if they were waiting for the order.

“You look hot!” another man smirked. Mina took a step away from the man, glancing at her nervously. Her eyes were filled with tears as her heart starting to race. “Please, can you let me go?” Mina pleaded. “Only if I get your body tonight.” He grinned widely as he stepped closer to Mina until Mina was pinned on the wall.

‘No,’ she thought. This can’t be happening. I should seek for help.

“Help! Somebody help me!” Mina screamed to her lungs out, hoping that any passerby will stop and rescue her. “Shut up!” The man pulled her body with brute force before crashed her to the bundles of empty cardboard boxes on the alley.

The man approached Mina who was lying on the floor before crouched in front of her, “Listen here, lady! No one will hear or save you because no one around here is dare to save you. You’re in our hand right now! Do you hear me?!” The man pulled out his pocket knife and played with his knife while the other man

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter