Behind

The Guardian
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Owhh well," Mina lied down on her bed and locked her phone after ended her call.

I'm already excited to go playing tonight. She looked back at her phone and lightly threw it beside her pillow.

 

"I'm so sorry, Mina, but grandma needs my help tonight. Don't worry, I'll give you money for you to play around."

"There's no need for you to do that, Chaeyoung."

"Please~" Chaeyoung lengthened her word, with the hope that Mina will accept her offer. "This is the only way for me to throw away my guilt. I could see the excitement from your eyes this morning. I'm so sorry for disappointing you. Not on my first day here."

"Chaeyoung, it's okay. I understand that. By the way I want to ask, does grandma needs my help too?"

"No, it's okay," Chaeyoung answered. "I can handle it. Besides her strong and energetic grandchild is back." She said proudly.

'Even though her footstep is shorter?" Mina giggled at her own word.

"Even though my footstep is shorter." Chaeyoung chuckled. "Tell me once you're ready. I'll send you there."

"Owhh Chaeyoung, it's okay. I'll ride public bus."

"No~ please Mina~ please accept my apology by letting me doing what I really want to do because I'm deadly guilty right now." Chaeyoung pleaded on the other side of the phone.

"Well then, give me 30 minutes. I'll go downstairs, okay?"

"No problem, Mina! Thank you so much!"

 

Going to the amusement park by herself was not the first experience for Mina. However, to be honest she preferred to go there with companion. It was pretty awkward to go to the hotspot for friends or couples or family to spend their precious time together while on the other hand she was wearing penguin headband while eating cotton candy all by herself.

She knew none visitors bothered with that, however, Mina just hoped it was all over.

Why do I suggested to go to amusement park for the first place?’Mina murmured while standing in front of the clothing closet. As if I could ride those extreme games in the park.’

Mina usually wore soft wool cardigans and shapeless skirts or loose-belted dress of maroon if she wanted to go outside. Maybe not tonight. She planned to play Ferris wheel to enjoy the night scene of the city thus a fully covered clothing is more appropriate – a set of black clothes – long sleeves shirt and skinny jeans with black belt.

Mina sat while facing the makeup table and applied light foundation on her face. ‘Now I know the reason why there are three visible moles on my face. I’m thinking too much – deeply into the worm’s house in the soil.’ She giggled to herself.

She wore her leather-made watch after tied up her wine shiny hair into a ponytail, look every bit the typical teenager wanting to have fun and not burdened with their own problem.

‘There’s still plenty of time left.’ She stood close to the window and watched the car go down the land towards the bridge. It was a quarter till 7 but she could saw the red lights on vehicles’ tail lined u

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter