Scar

The Guardian
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A warm summer night. The moon shine down on the quiet houses and gardens. The Earth is sleeping, with the blanket of numerous shining star in the sky. How wonderful the night was. 

But in Hokkaido, the land was not as calm as the sky. The land was flooded with blood. It was not the war between the kingdom or region. It was the war between belief and respect.

 

"Kill them!" shouted the leader.

 

When the men spotted the movement among the coniferous forest, they ran and threw anything in their hand, hoping that among the missed aim, one will hit it hard. They moved really fast if their bulky body were made into comparison, but their routine as a hunter kept them fit. No wonder they could ran with agility on the thick snow without losing their balance.

All the creatures of four legs ran for their life. It can be counted by the men. There are four of them left. The rest? All are killed while ran for their life. Most of them are elegantly silver white in colour. Even though the snow itself is white, their fur were outstandingly shine. 

That is how to distinguish the 'special' wolf and the ordinary one. 

 

The largest wolf among the pack stared at each and every wolf as they ran towards the core of the forest.

'We need to split.' Jeongyeon signalled to her team.

The message was sent successfully. They were divided into three way -  each ran towards their own direction. With those sign she left her team behind.

'Hope can see all of you again.'

 

Jeongyeon could feel the hot blood rushing through her back, as one of the sticks thrown by the hunter hit the part perfectly. She tried her best to ran under the darkness of night but the dimmed moonlight penetrate through the leaves of the trees. 

'I need to get out of here. Fast.'

With the traces of her blood on the snow, it is possible for the hunters to discover her. Jeongyeon ran through the forest, without realize that she was about to reach the cliff. She was new with the environment.

She did not come from Japan. In fact, this is her first assigment 'working' in Japan. In Osaka specifically. 

 

The leader whispered to his men, asking them to slow down their step. His men nodded. They knew what will ahead them. They acknowledged the topography of the forest very well, much better than Jungyeon. The forest could be their second home after their own village - besides they are hunters. The forest is their 'workplace.'

There is the dead end. The cliff.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter