Episode 09

The Birthmark
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Like a small school girl, I was shy and embarrassed. I needed to speak to Dad but I was totally embarrassed.

Proving that I am not just a common girl whereas someone who linked with the strange illusions and fascinations, after ten years it has already started. May be because I wore the ring as he said, I was free from pain but I was with a little bit un-comfort.

But! I was happy……... I was enormously happy to know that I have become an adult at least at the age of twenty though I didn’t know anything behind the things which was happening to me.

Few hours ago I dialed to Dr. Dean and told her about my menstruation. She was totally surprised and pleased at the same moment.

“Jina! Dr. Dean is here”

With my dad’s words I climbed down the stairs. With a brown leather jacket with a pair of Black Jeans she was there waiting for me with a smile.

“I am happy for you. Now all the issues are over”

She hugged me saying such with the same pleasing smile. I just got to aware that she has notified to my dad as well… It was a relief.

“Honey! Take Care yourself” My dad rubbed my hair. I was able to see the moisture in his eyes.

We all three had the lunch together. Dad has already taken half day leave for this moment and he was cooking with the joy of having a healthy daughter after all.

“Jina! Shall we have a chat?” When my dad left for work after the lunch, Doctor and I sat in the living room for a chat. I knew that she may have lot of things to ask and lot of things to tell me…and no doubt…

“Are you feeling well? It’s after ten years… Do you feel anything painful?” she began her usual interview.

“I am alright” Touching the ring in my finger I replied.

“I really wonder how it happened as such” She murmured like to herself but I heard her words

“What?”

“No…Nothing special Jina… if you remember the book I told you, I am referring about it” I just got to remind that I lost it already. I knew that she has the same book with her.

“Have you bought it? I managed to buy one but I lost it already” I said.

“In fact Jina, something strange happened”

“Strange! What is it?”

“See this”

She took the book out of her bag and placed it on my hand. It was a small fairy-tale type book. The Merun colour Back ground of the cover has been designed with couples of green and orange eyes and a beautiful girl and a monster looking handsome guy with orange eyes. She has worn a beautiful short blouse and a long mermaid type skirt where her navel has revealed. I looked through the cover once again eagerly where I was able to see the small birthmark under her navel there. The guy next to her has touched her navel a little and their faces were so closer while he was about to kiss her.

“Doctor!”

My heart pounded at once. It was just same as my story.

“I want you to see the end pages of it” I heard doctor’s words next. I turned the book to the end and there were so many paged torn and only the counterfoil was there.

“Why these pages have been torn?” I asked surprisingly

“That’s the strange thing”

“What?”

“The day I bought it, I used to read only half of the book but I am hundred percent sure that all pages were there but today morning all of them have torn.” She said shockingly

“What?”

“Yes Jina! It’s like someone has torn the pages deliberately.”

“Why anyone wants to tear the pages of an old fairy-tale book doctor? You must be imagining. May be for sure, when you buy this, this was the same” I said looking at those torn counterfoils.

“You have a point but I am sure about what I said” I sighed.

“Anyway, you keep this with you and read it. You will surprise a lot like me.” She said taking her fancy hand bag with her to leave.

“Thank you doctor.”

“Today morning I contacted the book store owner again to ask a new book. But bad luck! He said all have been sold” She said while standing up from the couch.

“Sold out?”

“Yes”

“Can’t be. I bought the book yesterday night and there were more than ten copies of the book with him.” I was shocked to hear. Things which were happening were weird and strange to me. I thought to contact the book shop owner by myself.

“I don’t know Jina” Doctor stepped towards the main door.

“Jina!”

“Yes!”

“Have you met someone whom you don’t know or a stranger?” I stoned at once.

“What do you mean by?” I asked curiously.

“May be I was dreaming in the fantasy world after reading the book… Nothing darling… In the book it was like that… The girl meets a guy who was a stranger to her and fell in love with him unknowingly and he was full of mystery”

“You are making me so much curious now” I said looking at her and the book in my hand.

“Alright honey…I am leaving now. Don’t go to college for few days and rest at home. Since it’s your first time you better take rest. Eat nutritiously and have a good care of your body. Call me if you need anything”

I nodded my head gratefully. When she left I climbed up to my room and started to read the book sitting on my bed.

Once upon a time there was an innocent girl who was used to hide herself from the people because of a scary birthmark in her stomach.

She used to study all the day and didn’t have any friend to talk even. The birthmark was the reason which she used not to dress beautifully purposely in order not to highlight among others. 

Her beauty has not revealed to the world and her talents also were hidden within her but she used to suffer from a stomachache at her young age time to time.

I Turned the next page……

One day she was so sick at the road with her bad stomachache and it was the time she met a man whom she didn’t know that he would be her guardian angel for life time.

That angel was able to fly so fast. So, he flew with the girl and kept her on her own bed. Before she regained the consciousness knowing that she would feel the pain again, he placed his finger tips on her navel and let her birthmark feel the touch of him. He knew in this way she would feel better when she wakes up. Because he knew everything about her.

But one night she met him again. She invited him to her room.

My curiosity was building up when the pages of the book was turning one by one.

‘I am Rosy and you?’ she asked standing in front of him

‘I am Zeus’

They exchange their names and had a brief chat with themselves.

‘How did you find me?’ she asked with the conversation.

‘The birthmark…It’s the link between us’

‘But how?’ she asked curiously

‘I too have a birthmark like yours’

Rosy touched her birthmark with his words from her fingers and looked at him. She saw his eyes were changing the colours black to green shiny. He walked to her and looked at her rosy cheeks and rosy lips. But he didn’t kiss them. Instead of that he took away her hand and woke up his voice.

‘Do you want me to see you again?’

‘Yes, again and again’ she said with hopes.

‘Then, do not fall in love with me’

He walked away from her and jumped to her window frame. He smiled to her at the first time and jumped out from the window and disappeared.

The pages were remained only up to there. The next half of the book has been torn for sure. She stared at the cover of the book once again.

‘Doctor must have been surprised because of the birthmark mention in the book but I am not surprised because of only those. It’s my story… It’s my story with Rean…. Even though the dialogues have been changed the story was about us…. No doubt…... What’s going on?’

I kept the book on the bed and tried to concentrate about the facts I knew already. May be because it’s a fairy-tale book writer must have written things with less passion but how on earth the same thing in the book has happened to me?

I need to contact him first. With the contact details I got from Doctor already I dialed the book shop owner and asked about the book which I purchased.

“I am sorry; all the books have been sold” I got the same answer as such.

“If you remember, it was me who bought the book yesterday from you. At that time there were more than ten copies of the same book with you” I argued.

“Yes, it’s true. After you left a young lady came and bought all the copies of the books.”

“A young lady?” I was curious.

“Yes”

“Alright. Thank you”

I hung up the phone and lay on my bed. ‘What is really happening? Are all these things co-incidents? Or am I thinking too much? Who is the lady who bought all the books just after I bought a copy of it?

The torn papers!!! How on earth I would find out the balance part of the story now? Now, this is going to make me insane….

At once Zen came to my mind. I just recalled how I ended up saying about the book and Dr. Dean to him yesterday. It was only him who knew about it other than me.

‘Nonsense!!! What am I thinking? Am I crazy? Am I imagining that Zen went to Dr. Dean’s house, stole the book, tore the papers until the page she has tagged as read, kept it again where it was and left? Ha…..hahaha…..Haaaaaaa…..I must be going insane for sure… Why on earth he would do something like that? Even he doesn’t have single idea about Rean and Me. What nonsense I am thinking right now?

I hit my head from the book and sighed. Everything was like a puzzle for me. I still remembered Rean’s promise. He said he would visit me after I healed… I should wait till that…...

………………………………………

Menstruation was not that much hard for me as I have heard in lessons. Maybe it’s because of the ring I wore. Since I have practiced to believe his words, I didn’t take it out even for a second till now.

‘How did you find me?’ she asked with the conversation.

‘The birthmark…It’s the link between us’

‘I too have a birthmark like yours’

The words from the story book has memorized in me. I was mesmerized from the contents from it already. Even though I should not believe those things would happen in real t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter