Episode 06

The Birthmark
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Is there anything called as magic in this world? Does it really exist? When I was a kid, I really wanted to believe and do things in magic. Even I tried myself to practice some small, small magic tricks with my dad.

I used to watch Harry Potter….I think I have watched it more than ten times by now. I wanted to believe that kind of magic is existing in the real world, so someone like me can do strange things because anyhow in my under mind I believed that I was a strange being from my birth.

‘Dad?’

‘Yes Honey’

‘Why my birthmark is getting changed?’

‘It’s a magic’

‘Magic! So, does that mean I am a witch?’

‘Yes, you are a witch in a fantasy fairytale’

It was my dad’s explanation when I was a kid though I still don’t know whether he knows anything which I don’t know about myself or not... I loved to believe his words. Instead of dolls, I had a wand which I created from wood always in my hand. Wearing magician clothes I used to say magic spells which I used to learn from specially Harry Potter and played by myself.

I sighed looking away from the window of the classroom. My mind was not in a clear state for lessons anymore. It was more than one week I met Rean in that mystery road. Even though it was like a dream, I believed it was not just my imagination or an illusion but happened in real. I was really exhausted physically and mentally to the point I need to tell everything to someone else.

I heard the bell was ringing. I collected my books and put all them in to my bag and left the classroom. Zen was not with me for this class. Thinking to meet him, I hurriedly stepped out and walked towards the library. He must be there.

“Hi Jina!”

With a familiar voice I stopped my feet. She was stepping to me with a bright smile in her face.

“Mira!!” I threw a smile to her.

“What a coincident! Nice to see you” she came to me and caught my both hands. With a surprise look I stared at her. We didn’t have that kind of close relationship to hold our hands like buddies.

“Yes… What are you doing here?” I asked letting my hands in her custody for time being. Her friendly smile was filling her face.

“I came to see Zen and about to leave and then saw you here” She said taking away her hands with the same beautiful smile.

“Is that so? Did you meet him?” I asked with a slight smile.

“Yes. Are you done with your classes?” she asked then.

“Yes”

“Then, let’s call it a day”

“Huh!!!”

“Shall we go and eat something good?”

She was continuously surprising me. I remained looking at her friendly glare. I nodded my head to say ‘Yes’. For some reason, I was not able to disagree with her. Both of us got in to her red car and travelled to the town.

“Mira! It seems to be expensive” Just before enter to the fancy looking rich restaurant I stopped her catching her hand. She threw a smile to me.

“Don’t worry, I will buy” She caught my hand in next turn and dragged me with her to the restaurant.

“What do you like most?” she asked comfortably sitting in the corner table with me.

“Huh!”

“I mean, is it Spicy, Oily, Sweet or Neutral?” A smile must have come to my lips. She was an interesting character. Even her words were different.

“I like spicy things” I said with the same smile.

“You have a beautiful smile” I noticed that I was keep smiling when she said so. It embarrassed me a little and made proud me as well.

“Thank you”

“But you know, Spicy things can make you cry” While ordering Spicy foods she said to me.

“That means you dislike Spicy foods” Trying to catching her implied words I replied.

“No, I too love spicy foods”

She laughed making me laugh at the same time. I felt good. This was the first time I was out with another girl as friends. Even though we were not friends as such, having the company with someone else gave a chill feeling to me.

“Jina!”

“Yes”

“In fact, that day, I felt bad when you got down in the mid of the town. I sensed that you were troubled by something else. Don’t know why, I felt the reason was link to me. Am I correct?”

I stopped swallowing foods and looked at her. With one gulp swallow, then I let all the bitten foods went through my throat. What was she saying?

“No…No…. Please don’t think like that way” I said while sipping a glass of water. Keeping her spoon in the plate, she softly caught her Crystal pearl necklace at the next moment.

“Are you sure?” she asked then

“Yes. I am so sorry if I have given you that kind of impression. In fact, I am not in my real mind these days.” My words jumped at once.

“Is something bothered you?” I looked at her face. The expressions of her were totally friendly. I smiled to her.

“Mmmm…. That means the answer is ‘Yes’” she said looking at me.

“Does Zen know it?”

“Why are you asking like such?” I surprised.

“No….. He is your friend. He always speaks about you. I thought both of you were closer to each other. Friends share things, right?” her argument was correct. Friends share secrets but in this case…it was different…

“There are things which we cannot share with friends too” I answered with a pale smile.

“Is it because he is a guy?” I remembered the same thing which was asked by Zen at the library. I remained in silence.

“Let me guess then….” She joined her both hands and tangled her all fingers with each other and kept her chin on it keeping her elbows on the table.

“Something which you can’t share with a boy, right?” she said again with a light smile. I smiled to her.

“Something relate to a guy? Some kind of love interest?” she asked looking at me.

“Don’t try so hard” I said trying to making her discourage.

“Then…. Something relate to your family?” Seem to be she would not stop.

“Oh wait! Those kinds of things can be shared with a guy. I am so stupid” She hit her head like a kid. A smile came to me automatically.

“Then………. Is it something relates to your body? Your health? Something which only relate to girls?”

She hit my spot. How come she would be so smart? My eyes must have gone widened with her guess. Believe me, I was totally shocked with her guess. Does she know something? Hey!!!!!!! How come? No way……….

“Jina!”

“Huh!!” I fell to the real world

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter