Episode 04

The Birthmark
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Jina! Come in" I followed to her cabin and sat in front of her. She was a middle age, short hair and fair lady with a pleasant look.

"I am glad you decided to come without escaping" she said with serious facial expressions. I remained in silence. This was my fifth appointment after I neglect of coming for previous times.

"Jina! Anything new?" she asked.

"Do you think there must be something new by now?"

"Yes Jina... You have passed the average age of a girl for becoming an adult by now. You are already twenty years old but still have not started your menses. Isn't it strange?"

"Hmmmm... But I am comfortable in this way" I murmured.

"Even though you are comfortable, this is not right. One day, you need to get married and having babies...For that, this must be happened... Don't tell me you are not aware about these facts at your age" Her expressions were getting serious.

"I am aware but this is beyond my control. And more than anything, I don't have that kind of feeling... I don't get attracted to opposite gender and I don't have any dreams of becoming a family and having babies" I said with a simple look to her

"The reason for your non-existence of feelings could be the same reason of not happening it Jina" She said gently.

"But, doctor... I have something to report you" I narrated my story to her from the moment I felt the pain and how I felt nothing when I woke up.

"I am not surprised. This has to be happened by now. But I too wonder how the pain vanished when you woke up" Dr. Dean's expressions were so mixed in my sighed. It gave me a curiosity to know my situation.

"You mean, those were signs for starting menstruation?"

"Yes" I shocked. Though I suspected, I never was in a confirmation about that.

"Jina!"

"Yes"

"How did you ended up in the bed? Who helped you?" I waved a little with her next question. I have already decided not to tell her about Rean.

"I can't remember exactly. May be I have directed someone to bring me home before I fainted" I hid my facial expressions from her feeling scared if she would catch my lie.

"Tell me only one thing" I looked at her with her direct tone.

"Apart from you, me and your father, is there anyone who knows about your birthmark?" she asked

"No, no one"

"Are you sure that no one has ever touched your birthmark? She asked then

"Yes, I am sure. But why are you asking like this?" My curious eyes tend towards her.

"Climbed up"

She instructed me to get on to the bed at the next second. 'Oh No! I hate this situation... really...' I climbed up and lay on the bed. Before her next instructions, I pull down my pants a bit revealing my birthmark to her.

"It has grown and changed the colour too" she said noticing and making me embarrassed.

"Mmmm" I muttered biting my lip. I felt she spread her fingers on me. Believe me, I got scared... I was scared to think whether I would feel that strange sensation with her touch and lose my mind. But while I was frightening she has already touched it.

"Do you feel anything?" she asked making me surprised. How on earth she would suspect something like that?

"No" I too was totally surprised. How come? But I hid the fact which it feels so different if I touch it after that incident.

"Jina!"

"You are not hiding anything from me, right?" her foxy eyes were digging my secrets so badly. It was like she read my mind.

"I am not hiding anything" I said while pulling up my pants and staying in the same sleeping posture.

"Doctor, what is going on?"

"Jina! I think there must be something relates with your birthmark" she murmured.

"Relate to what?"

"Relate to your menstruation. I know this doesn't sound realistic and medical even but I feel like that..." I gasped. Felt that I was confused at once. Complicated and mixed with all the thoughts. How come? How come a birthmark ever relate to a woman's internal systems?

"What do you mean by?" I asked gathering some words.

"Your birthmark is growing and it's dark merun colour by now which compatible with the colours of menstruation. And especially, it is in your groin area...Do as I say, I want to confirm something" Her face was so pale and I knew just looking at her that she was analyzing something with her clever mind.

"Just like I touched your birthmark, Touch it now with your own hands" My eyes must have touched my eyebrows. What was her conclusion for me to say this? How did she end up with that kind of conclusion?

"No...I don't want to" I said at once. Her eyes got thin and expressions got different.

"I knew you hide something from me. Do as I say Jina... This is all for your good" she said directly looking at my eyes.

"No, I can't" I said in a crying voice.

"Why can't you? What is the reason?" This time she asked gently.

"I am embarrassed"

"Why is it? Why you feel embarrassed if you touch it? It's not that you have never touched it in front of me" she was digging me one by one. I sighed and decided to finally to reveal one truth.

"Ok... I will tell you" I defeated to her. She dragged the chair to the bed and sat next to me.

"It was the first time I felt something different when I touched it. It was that day when I was in pain as I told you earlier. After that moment, in every time I touch it, it spreads some weird feelings through me. And I was losing my concentration and started to feel a weird sensation through my body. I am afraid now... I am afraid thinking even if accidently I touch my birthmark in somewhere then I would get embarrass in front of others because those sensations were so strong and make me controlled"

I noticed the surprised in her shocking eyes and some frightful expressions in her entire pale face. Some kind of relief I got in my heart after revealing the facts to someone but seeing her, I just knew that it was not that much simple.

"Jina! Tell me in detail. What kind of feelings were they? Have you ever touched your birthmark unknowingly when you are with someone else? Have you faced to an embarrassing situation?" she asked making me weird more.

"I am not sure what kind of feeling was that...Believe me I don't know. But those emotions were so strong... They were making my heart pounded and rose my breathing... And through my birthmark some kind of sensation was spreading through my entire body and I feel that something I am missing and need so badly"

I explained at my very best looking at her surprised face. Dr. Dean remained in silence. She remained just looking at me which made me scared more. I knew she was thinking something very deep and I too wanted to know it. That's why today I came for the appointment.

"Doctor!"

"Jina! I think my guess is correct about your birthmark. And the interesting point is that it reacts only to your touch..." She said making me shock. My thoughts were splitting one by one after listening to her analysis. I climbed down the bed and put my bag in my shoulder.

"I am leaving doctor. Seem to be, I am really an abnormal girl. That was the fact I really wanted to forget so far but day by day seem to be its proving to me."

"Don't be down. This situation is also new to me and that's why I am also still unable to figure out. Let's meet with another appointment. I will further investigate..."

I nodded my head depressingly and left the premises noticing strange expressions in her face as well.

Something so heavy was floating in my heart....Myself was proving to me that I was not a normal girl anymore. Even though I didn't have any single idea what was happening to me, my entire body might have known for sure. Sometimes I tend to think whether there was anything I have forgotten in my memory....Just like in some dramas an in movies, can it be happened? Or can be there someone else who appear in front of me and tell me one by one what was happening to me just like in movies? I really need something mystery like th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter