Episode 12

The Birthmark
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

‘Soul-mate! Who could be a soul-mate?’

I wonder… I am still wondering… If I correct with my small knowledge that a soul-mate would be someone who comes after us birth to birth… Someone who connects to our soul even from our birth…. Someone whom will be eventually we would find and fall for…. 

    

A soul-mate must not be a lover always… they can be a friend…. A sibling…. A parent…... Anyone but with whom we feel the connection in deep down in our hearts even though our eyes do not recognize them at our first glance…...

I still don’t know whether I am correct or not…but for me he was someone with whom I felt the connection in deep down in my heart…

I sighed to the air… I was standing behind my window as usual and trying to count the stars which were just visible to my eyes…

A few hours before, I met him as I wished. Even though it was heartbroken, it was the first time I met a guy outside as a woman…

It was like he listened to my wish and came to meet me like that. I could still remember the hopes I had within me when I got the chit. I could still remember how I earnestly chose the clothes and wore which I never wore before… Even though I felt humiliation in front of those girls, still I could remember how I changed my thoughts to become happy when I felt his touch in my hand… The ride in the bus and the adventure of flying with him in to the park was so amazing and passing chills in my veins…

But!

Everything was just for few seconds…For few seconds’ happiness and last long hurt and ache….

“Why? If I am yours, then why do you want to push me away?”

“Because…...Because…...I……. don’t like you…...”

I never knew that someone’s words be able to stab person’s heart like that way… it was like hundreds of needles were sticking to my heart at once….

When I thought about all this, I felt that I was a character of a fairy tale… I was like an actress of a fantasy movie… Even I knew, in real world that kind of things would never happen and even anyone would not believe me, since I experienced everything like that, how on earth I just forget everything and go back to my usual life style? I remembered about the story book I received from Doctor dean… Just like the book, I just felt my life was also a fantasy story by now…

For a moment, I felt to dig about the origin of the book and find another copy anyhow from anywhere…. Yes, I should do it so soon…...

I walked to my mirror shutting my window. I wanted to recall each and every word he told me. I wanted to remind all those words which I heard from someone whom I never again meet… But, even though it has been passed only few hours, it was like I have forgotten most of them… My thoughts and my mind must have gone crazy to the point where I was unable to recall them at the moment.

I was still in my clothes. I looked through the mirror and snapped my image there.

Am I not attractive? Am I just plain simple? I touched my face, my neck, my arms, my stomach and then my clothes…. I have born like this… I believed always that I was beautiful in my own way though I was not fashionable…

But!

Not anymore!

“Because…...Because…...I……. don’t like you…...”

Even though I knew the meaning of the words he spelled, my mind has already believed that he has not attracted to me since I was not a pretty girl.

I fell to the bed… Taking the pillow, I covered my face.

I am not going to cry…...I confirmed myself…. I am not going to cry…… Even though I am not attractive, even though he hurt me like this…. Even though I want to cry like a river right now, I am not going to cry!!!

I promise Jina! I am not going to cry!!!

………………………………………….

For the last one week, Zen didn’t come to college. His phone was switched off and even Mira also was out of contact. I felt lost the lively feeling already. At least if I would be able to meet them, then I would have feeling much better but, now I was feeling lifeless day by day.

“Jina!”

I was sitting in the small bench in the college garden when I heard the familiar voice of a girl. Mira was running to me. I was surprised to see her all of a sudden. She was always so fun and cool to watch. A smile came to my mouth automatically seeing her childish running towards me.

“Hey! What happened to you guys?” I asked when she sat next to me.

“I am so sorry Jina. I couldn’t contact you” she apologized.

“Tell me what happened? And what about Zen?” I asked shockingly.

“Are you really concerning about me or Zen?” she asked winking an eye. I must have become red with her question for no reason.

“Hey…...!” I yelled.

“Ok…Ok… We traveled bit far Jina. In fact, we went to Zen’s uncle’s house. Both of us are so closer to him.” She said calmly.

“Zen’s uncle!” I repeated.

“You may have not heard then”

“Yeah… I didn’t know” I murmured.

“Anyway, you are coming to the party in this Saturday with me, right?” She caught my hand and asked.

“Party!”

“Yes, don’t you remember?” Her face got withered at once.

“Oh! I am sorry, I forgot about it”

“It’s OK… I will come to pick you around 7 pm on this Saturday. Be ready, OK….” She said freshly. I nodded my head.

“Ahh! Jina! Zen is still there. He will come home in the weekend. You can see him at the school by then” She stood up taking her bag with her.

“Oh! Is that so… It’s alright Mira” I said with a smile.

“Then… I need to leave…. Catch you later”

I watched the way she was going… She was so cheerful and beauty even in my eyes. After all she was my friend and I was happy to have someone like her with me…

 

…………………………………………..

 

Days were passing lifelessly to me. Leaving Rean and missing Zen was too much for me to bear. Standing behind my window, every night I remained looking at the sky. Throughout the past week I have tried to concentrate about my studies but I think some part of my heart has been broken.

Rean didn’t come to see me as he promised and all the mystery with him has been hiding under my curious heart secretly to everyone. By now, when I think about him, I feel that there must be a side of him which I never knew… Something he was hiding from me so earnestly and a life full of mystery… Will, I ever able to know about it?

I climbed down the stairs for the dinner… Dad was waiting for me…. I took my plate silently from the kitchen and sat in the dining table. More than eating, I was drawing lines in my plate..

“Jina! Honey! Are you alright?” With my father’s words, I came to alive.

“Yes, I am” I replied shortly.

“Jina” I sensed that dad was entering to a serious talk with me.

“Yes, Dad”

“I want to ask something from you”

“What is it?”

“In fact, I am asking this because you have stepped to your adultery by now” he replied.

“Go on dad”

“Is everything alright in your life? Your birthmark and anything special or strange?”

“Why do you ask like that?” I sensed something strange in his voice.

“Jina! I met your mother when she was at your age. She was also like you… She also had strange physical changes with her.” I started feeling curious.

“My mom was like me?” I asked curiously.

“Yes, she was. Her life was so complicated and she faced so many things before she married me”

“What kind of?”

“Because of a stranger she met in her life, so many things were different and complicated”

“A stranger? Who is that?” I felt too much curious

“Jina! Tell me about you.” He refused to answer my question

“Please dad… tell me about the mother” I pleaded.

“Your mother had a scar just like yours. But! The specialty was it was not from her birth but it appeared from her pregnancy with you.” My eyes must have gone widened. I couldn’t believe what was happening.

“With the pregnancy?” I was shocked.

“Yes. The same scar which you have in your navel just appeared when she was preg

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter